2000 pts black templar, friendly, need help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts black templar, friendly, need help

this is based loosly on a black templar horde. numbering at 82 models, 60 of which charge, o think it does well.

1998 pts.

HQ - 596

Emperors champion
    -uphold the honor of the emperor

master of sanctity
    -bolt pistol
    -terminator honors
    =--jump pack
    -frag grenades

-Marshal
    -terminator honors
    -power weapon
    -combat sheild
    -bolt pistol

---marshals squad
    ----8 marines (2 bolt pistol and close combat weapon, 2 bolter)
    ----2 missile launchers
    ----company champion
    ----sergeant w/ power fist

Elites - 130

Dreadnaught
    -twin linked lascannon
    -extra armor

Troops - 752

Squad 1 - 281
    -10 initiates (bolt pistol and close combat weapons)
    -10 neophytes (bolt pistol and close combat weapons)
    -power fist
    -plasma gun

Squad 2 - 281
    -power fist
    -plasma gun

squad 3 - 95
    -5 initiates
    -lascannon

squad 4 - 95
    -5 initiates
    -lascannon

fast attack - 530

Assault squad 1 - 265
    -10 marines
    -melta bombs
    -power fist
    -2 plasma pistols

Assault squad 2 - 265
    -10 marines
    -melta bombs
    -power fist
    -2 plasma pistols

basically everything without a heavy weapon charges. thats about it. my only fear is that my assault squads cost to much and they will be the big targets.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your assault squads will be a lot less of a threat than the crusader squads. ok, think of it. do u shoot the 10 man assault squad coming at you or the 20 man crusader squad? the 20 man crusader squad will draw a lot more fire than the assault squads. however, not like the marshal's command squad. by what you said earlier, they will not charge because there are heavy weapons in that squad. frankly, you're gonna want the marshal, the Master of Sanctity, and Emperor's Champion in close combat, where they will hack the opponent to pieces. i would drop the 2 missile launchers and maybe give them a transport to be safe. also, the melta bombs on the assault squads are unneccesary since you have the lascannons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by hellbunny View Post
    Emperors champion
    -uphold the honor of the emperor
    I've never been a fan of this one, but it costs the least amount, so I guess it's good... I might think about changing vows, though, if you can find the points.

master of sanctity
    -bolt pistol
    -terminator honors
    =--jump pack
    -frag grenades
    Couple things I've found with my list of BT: the first is that chaplains really benefit the huge squads of men more than marshals do. As jump infantry doesn't have RZ moves, and the 20-man squads do, you might want to rethink where the master of sanctity goes. I've found that a marshal with jump pack works better for me than the chaplain with jump pack, and the chaplain gets 3 cenobyte servitors to increase the RZ movement of the whole squad 3", and you get to choose which enemy to move at. All great things. If the enemy is going to shoot at a unit, let them shoot at my 20-man squad w/ chaplain and servitors, and what it keep up with the assault squads.

So, in summary, I would change this guy out to TH/BP/HOA/3 CS, and join him to a huge mob of men.

-Marshal
    -terminator honors
    -power weapon
    -combat sheild
    -bolt pistol

---marshals squad
    ----8 marines (2 bolt pistol and close combat weapon, 2 bolter)
    ----2 missile launchers
    ----company champion
    ----sergeant w/ power fist
    Hmmm... I don't know about this squad. The way the marshal is decked out, he needs to see CC to be effective, and the 2 MLs really prevent him from doing this. I might change them to 2 Meltaguns, and just go hunting the heavy infantry. You get a sergeant's PF, champions PW, and marshals PW all hitting on the charge (and at a 3+ if you take the right vow). That's just nasty. Shooting though, not quite as nasty. It's up to you, but I think that I would change it around, and keep 2 las/plas squads, and a long range dread for dedicated tank hunting. Oh yeah, and you need to take the HOA on anyone who can take it and has a BS5. It's too good not to.

-Dreadnaught
    -twin linked lascannon
    -extra armor
    I think he would be better if you decided if you wanted him to hunt tanks, or fight in close. I would make him a venerable TLLC/ML tank hunting dread w/ extra armor. It's more points, yes, but it can do some damage to anyone who gets in the way. Plus, it will be the only unit you have that can move and shoot effectively at tanks (think mech tau or eldar)

Squad 1 - 281
    -power fist
    -plasma gun
    I think you need to think about 2 things. The first, is the plasma gun. If you fire it, you can't charge. And you need to charge with 20 men. Trade it out for a meltagun. Secondly, you might want to think about the number of men you have in the squad, and the way that the mixed armor works. As of now, a heavy bolter will decimate your squad, as the saves come from the 4+s first. Maybe drop the number to 15 (10 & 5 neos) to help out there, and to save some points to use elsewhere. Just my opinion on what works, and what doesn't when I play.

Squad 2 - 281
    -power fist
    -plasma gun
    Just see above.

squad 3 - 95
    -5 initiates
    -lascannon
    The BTs get a cheap upgrade in the form of plasma. Why not take it here with the lascannon for less than a neophyte? It'll help out so much.

squad 4 - 95
    -5 initiates
    -lascannon
    See above.

Assault squad 1 - 265
    -10 marines
    -melta bombs
    -power fist
    -2 plasma pistols

Assault squad 2 - 265
    -10 marines
    -melta bombs
    -power fist
    -2 plasma pistols
    These are expensive, and you probably need an IC to go with them... but then again, BTs are fearless in CC, so they will definately be in it until the end. I run squads of 8 because I find that they are enough to do what I need them to do. Perhaps, if you need points, shrink them a bit, and use the points elsewhere. They are great multi-purpose units, however, so I don't think I would change them (although the meltabombs are debatable, they always seem to work for me).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Listen up you primitive screwheads ... see this ... this is my BOOM-stick!" - Ash

"I told you, it's not Pink! It's Light Red!" Donut on his new power-armor.

+ Reply to Thread