2000pt hord list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt hord list

conscripts
    sanctioned psyker
    independent commissars
    heavy weapon platoons

HQ 304
    command squad junior officer 4 guardsmen
    4 veterans
    5 power weapons
    5 bolt pistol

2 fire support heavy bolters
    2 anti tank support missile launcher

elites 276
    3 independent commissars
    3 power fist
    3 bolt pistol

sanctioned psyker
    honorifica imperialis
    force weapon
    bolt pistol

troops 950
    infantry squads 5 squads of 10 men
    5 heavy bolter

conscripts 5 squads of 10 men

heavy 470
    support squads
    3 fire support 2 heavy bolters 1 missile launcher
    3 fire support 2 heavy bolters 1 missile launcher
    3 fire support 1 heavy bolter 2 missile launchers

263 models
    18 missile launches
    26 heavy bolters

not much variation in the way of weapons, but their shore is allot of them. can you imagine painting this, not only would it take forever but tedium would set in so quickly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Since your Commissars are ICs I'd recommend you to drop their PowerFists as they'll be prime targets in CloseCombat. This will also save you some points.
    You have only used four of your Doctrines, might I ask why?
    Close Order Drill is free and would add some survivability (if not much) to your hordes.

THe Guards, or vets, in your HQ unit can't use Power Weapons-those are officers (and some more) only.

Your Firesupport squads seems to have mixed weapons, like 2 HBs and a ML in the same unit, this is not only bad but also illegal. Keep them clean and dedicated. Hunt tanks or hunt people. If this is not the case you have miscalculated their price quite a lot. It seems, when you add up your numbers that you have way many more heavy weapons then you paid for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, your HQ is illegal. If you upgrade them to veterans you can only take items that dont say officer only or anything else. Anycase, Upgrade your JO to a SO or a HSO with a bolt pisto land power wepon. Might want to add some special weapons like flamers or something. And maybe only add one vet or so if not at all.

Your support squads seem fine.
    Drop the fists on the ID commissars, a power weapon works just as well.
    I would probably drop one whole commissar and get another elite choice.

Not sure on the pysker, more of the odd ball of the entire army.

Wheres you PHQ command section for your troops?
    Drop some squads from your current platoon and make another platoon, or use some conscript squads as regular squads to make the numbers even for the other platoon.
    Add some grenade launchers or plasma guns here and there.

Drop one whole conscript platoon and give some flamers to the other squads.

Is this a heavy weapon platoon? If so your missing the command section and there illegal as well. You can't mix heavy bolters and missile launcehrs, you buy them just like you would for your HQ support squads. If you use heavy bolters use all heavy bolters. All missile launchers all missile launchers.

Read the codex carefully and post any questions you have so we may help you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the feed back.

for some reason or another i thought that making the hq vets did something, but it doesn't.

i agree w/ the power fists on the commissars now that i realize that they can be targeted in cc.

the support squads say that up to 3 can be taken but of each a max of 2 of one type, and each choice of the 3 contains 6 men w/ 3 guns, thair for one choice of 3 = 9 guns. and i was under the impression that each support squad IE each 6 man group acted as a different unit for shooting and being shot, it was only for deployment and list building that they counted as a single unit.

the close order drill did not accrue to me at the time. but now that i think about it i don't think conscripts would have the discipline to maintain that sort of order. though it is remarkable what people can do with some one like a commissar breathing down your neck.

the psyker and its unit was intended to act as a sort of focal point of the army. with the commissars existing to keep an eye on him, though he would have enough clout to keep them at arms length.

edit: spelling
    Last edited by murphy; March 3rd, 2007 at 21:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They very well are the same unit. Thats why there good a shooting tanks and infantry on mass.

Each support squad is a team, each 3 weapons must shoot at whatever you declare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrgame View Post
    Each support squad is a team, each 3 weapons must shoot at whatever you declare.
    my point exactly each group of three guns / 6 men constitutes a squad. and each heavy support choice allows you three squads, but only 2 of those squads can be the same gun due to the 0-2 restriction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didnt see that anyone mentioned that this list in incredibly illegal. not only does your one standard platoon not have an hq but you dont have the right number. you have to have 1 standard platoon per conscript platoon or iron fist squad. you need 2 more platoons. sorry

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

@ hellbunny: correct though il expand if you dont mind!

what he says is perfectly right. Each conscript platoon needs a normal platoon first. If you had a single platoon you could have an amroured fist squad and a conscript squad however. Anyway you need 2 more platoons to make that bit legal.
    The platoon as said above doesnt have a command squad this is illegal, Its just a JO and his for men form the HQ section of the book. Again as mentioned your vets cant take powerweapons.
    The heavy weapons in your heavy support choice are flaoating and are thus illegal. if they are heavy weapons platoons then they need command squads aswell.
    Apart from that there isnt much variety to the list which is your choice but there are some decent special weapons out there that are just missed. even grenade launchers would help. vary the heavy weapons in the squads too put a few missiles in there. someone could take out your anti tank capability pretty damn quick. you need at least 2 more platoons with this set up so id drop a conscript squad and a heavy support platoon to cover the points youve missed and get another platton.
    That would leave you with 2 platoons and two conscript platoons. still a horde. Other gaming points are you have no leadership (apart from the commisars) which arent really going to be keeping any of your firepower staying put. your main commander needs to be a higher rank. Even taking close order drill would go a long way to helping that situation. Oh and do get some special weapons, especially in all those command squads you are going to have to buy.
    Overall it needs a complete reshuffle but once all the illegal bits have been corrected the game play areas can be helped.
    Sorry to be so harsh but there was a lot wrong with your list!

hope that helps
    remember everyone really messes up at some point be glad youve bin told now i didnt realise till after id bought the damn models for one army!!

A

+ Reply to Thread