1850 tourney list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

1850 tourney list

Hey guys I got an 1850 tourney coming up we average 16-20 players and 5-6 of them are chaos, and 4-5 bug players split between swarm and big monsters.

HQ =
    iquistor lord - 78 pts
    - mystic * 3
    - sanctury
    - ccw / bolt pistol

gm - 195 pts
    - psycannon
    - holocaust

Troops =
    pagk ( 9 + justicar ) - 281
    - melta bomb, frag grenades

pagk ( 9 + justicar ) - 280
    - melta bomb

Fast Attack =
    pagk ( 7 + justicar ) - 245
    - 2 * incinerator

Elites =
    callidus assassin - 120

Heavy support =
    dreadnought ( TLLC / DCCW + incinerator, EA ) - 150

lance strike - 70

Total = 1850

Any advice is accepted, I play very offensively with my dreads and I also have the worse luck with missle lauchers as every time I have taken one it has rolled a 1 or 2 for all of its attacks ( not joking ) and well I love burning squads with them. Inquistor is just for anti deepstrike / preventing greater daemons from getting on the board and they mainly follow the GM around. Thanks for reading my list.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

You've got the makings of a pretty interesting list. I can see that you're trying to cover your bases where about half of your opponents are either Chaos or bugs. I believe a few tweaks will help you along here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyzaru View Post
    HQ =
    iquistor lord - 78 pts
    - mystic * 3
    - sanctury
    - ccw / bolt pistol
    I like the idea behind this guy -- a mobile chaos screen -- but I think it falls short in execution. I can see that using mystics are slightly cheaper than acolytes, and that having two or more mystics will let another unit take the free shots,... But still. Acolytes are nearly as cheap, and they're built for keeping your inquisitor alive. Plus you can spend just a few points on them and make them useful. At the very least, I'd drop one mystic and replace him with an acolyte with a bolter if you're going to stay super cheap, but consider splurging on a storm bolter and/or carapace armour, too. If you want a somewhat more offensively minded retinue, but still mobile, consider using vet guardsmen.

I would still give the inquisitor a psycannon, so that when he's not using sanctuary -- which, by the way, will only be useful against daemons -- he can pump out some serious firepower. This would make for a suboptimal shooty inquisitor, of course, but not a waste of points either no matter what the opponent is; he and his retinue are still dirt cheap. And, against daemons, you'll have your choice of shooting them off the board or screening your troops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyzaru
    gm - 195 pts
    - psycannon
    - holocaust
    Holocaust is just too dangerous. 1/18 of the time you'll suffer Perils of the Warp and *poof*, there goes your most potent -- and expensive! -- model. (Or models, if you're foolish enough to buy it as a squad power.) Besides, you don't need holocaust to win you battles against hordes. GKs and GKTs alike will clear out their kill zones easily in close combat, and out of close combat stormbolters and psycannons are all you need to clear them away. I've never had trouble against 'nid hordes, and I don't use holocaust or incinerators at all in my lists.

Which leads me to my next question. Why holocaust over sacred incense?! That is one of the cheapest yet most useful anti-chaos pieces of wargear available! Since the odds are very good that you'll be facing Chaos, it behooves you to invest in sacred incense.

I also can't fathom why this guy doesn't have at least 4-6 GKTs in his retinue. Get them. They will ensure that your GM can survive being swamped in assault and help take the heat off of him when going up against nasty daemons.
    Troops =

pagk ( 9 + justicar ) - 280
    - melta bomb
    These are just fantastic. 'nuff said.
    Fast Attack =
    pagk ( 7 + justicar ) - 245
    - 2 * incinerator
    Two incinerators is at least one incinerator too many. You admit that you play aggressively, and incinerators are only useful for pre-charge kills before jumping into assault. If assault is where you want your GKs, then don't buy special weapons, as that increases the cost of the model but robs it of its +2 S bonus, True Grit, and the stormbolter (a pretty righteous assault weapon in its own right, you know). Besides, dropping at least one of the incinerators frees up points for some of those changes I mentioned above. Dropping two would give you even more.
    Elites =
    callidus assassin - 120
    Always a fun choice.
    Heavy support =

I know you say you have bad luck and all ... but that doesn't alter the fact that these are suboptimal builds. If you sit back and shoot from range, your DCCW/incinerator arm is going to waste. If you are rushing the opponent, the TLLC is a terrible infantry-suppression weapon; the assault cannon is undeniably superior. Considering your play style, I would recommend that you drop the TLLCs in favor of ACs instead. You can still pop armour with them if you need to, thanks to rending. Besides, ACs will be handier against tyranid monstrous creatures and greater daemons, too. (And it frees up a few points, too!)
    lance strike - 70
    I always think that the only orbital strike worth taking is the melta torpedo. It's the only one that is deadly to both infantry and vehicles. It's got a decent AP and Strenth, so most infantry will be easily wounded, and probably without armour saves. But it's the 2d6 armour penetration that seals the deal. Even if you don't get direct hit on a vehicle, you still have great odds to damage it thanks to that. The lance strike can't damage anything stronger than AV 10 on an off-center hit.

Final note: My strongest recommendations for changes up in the HQ section can be costly. But you have 4 squads of GKs. I think you can afford to drop one squad in its entirety, even, if that's what it takes to make both of your HQ units more effective. Think of it as trading in one GK squad for one squad of GKTs and a few extras. Seems like a fair trade to me.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread