Three 500pt Inquisition Lists for Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Three 500pt Inquisition Lists for Necrons

My most common opponent is Necrons, first time I played against him, using a proxied Exorcist I lost. So I came up with a few unconvential lists and wanted to know what you all thought about them. Additionally once I get the Arco-flagellants and priest I will test them out in the order they are listed here.

Inquisitor Lord: 130
    Scourging
    Sages 2
    Plasma cannon Servitor

Arco-flagellants 3: 105

IST 5: 100
    flamer
    Priest: carapace armour

IST 5: 60
    grenade launcher

First list speaks for itself I think, everything charges forward while the plasma cannon provides cover fire.

Scourging
    Sages 2
    Plasma cannon Servitor

Arco-flagellants 4: 140

IST 5: 95
    flamer
    Priest

IST 5: 55
    flamer

Penitent Engine: 80

Second list Penitent provides cover for the advancing Arcos and maybe takes down some crons with it when it does go down.

Inquisitor Lord: 125
    plasma pistol
    Sages 2
    Plasma cannon Servitor

Inquisitor: 95
    Sages 2
    Plasma cannon servitor

Arco-flagellants 4: 140

IST 5: 90
    Priest

IST 5: 50

Third list is kinda evil I thought, Arcos charging forward for assault, but in the background I've got 2 Plasma cannons hitting one squad each turn, theoreticallly crippling his army in two turns.

Course its only 500pts, things change in larger games.

Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

I actually like the last list the most :evil eyes: maybe cut one arco for some special weapons? I don't know if that trade off is worth it as I've never used arcos.

I don't have a ton of experience against the necrons, so this might not work as well as it does in my mind, but why don't you give your ISTs plasma guns? I feel like when their basic troops are that teched out you probably need as much firepower as you can get, and especially without any sort of transport I feel like flamers are too risky, but I guess I could see just trying to get as many hits as possible, I just think the much higher probability to actually wound would make plasma better.
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Well in 500pts, I'm only worrying about 21-23 necron models. And my friend abhors Arcos, so either he shoots at them or he takes out the plasma cannons(maybe) and my Arcos find him in combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    Well in 500pts, I'm only worrying about 21-23 necron models. And my friend abhors Arcos, so either he shoots at them or he takes out the plasma cannons(maybe) and my Arcos find him in combat.
    In that case I would probably stick with the first list, except I would probably put the priest in either a flamer or granadier IST squad (this might be the way you have it right now, I just don't remember and don't have it quoted here) and I would personally buy plasma guns on the other squad, because as much s I can see whating to put as many models under a template as possible I think in the end you net either the same or more casualties with wounding on twos and no armour saves especially if/when you get rapid fire. Also if you take out models successfully it will be hard for you to place another template effectively in the same turn.

Then all youhave to hope for is that your Inquisitor doesn't requisition his plasma weapons from your ISTs.
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Scourging
    Sages 2
    Plasma cannon Servitor

IST 5: 100
    flamer
    Priest: carapace armour

IST 5: 60
    grenade launcher
    Here's the first list, yeah if I dropped the grenade launcher, flamer and carapace armour on the priest I could get two plasma guns, one for each squad. Ooh more plasma, my Inquisitor requisitioned his plasma men/weapons from the regular IG infantry. That way if they die it doesn't matter as much, they aren't as hard core.

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Hmm, first thing that comes to mind at 500pts vs necrons is his list. 99.9% for sure it will consist of a lord with orb and staff of light and 2 10 man squads of warriors. 500pts exactly. ok, well actually he has to use this list, although he could swap out the orb for 40 other points of wargear.

so, lucky you, you can now tailor a list specifically to beating his. yay for you!

My little evil idea is to use a callidus assassin. why? remember she can assault whatever she wants when she comes in, and at 500pts the necrons will have no way of getting sucked out of cc. then for the rest of the list i'ld get some good short ranged shootin units to charge forward while she ties them up in cc, then she can jump back and then you can light em up!

but, if you wanna stick to one of those 3 lists, i like the 1st one. arcos rule!
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

+ Reply to Thread