1000 point Mostly Sisters (sorry Skulls) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

1000 point Mostly Sisters (sorry Skulls)

So, I finally bought another rhino and some Inquisitorial things, so here's a 1000 list I'm thinking of using. Sadly it's 3 points over, but I'm assuming it will change and bit and if it doesn't then I would be glad to drop the =I= Lord's minimal equip. Please feel free to tear it apart because even if I can't change it right away I'll know what to buy next:

Headquarters:
    [100] Inquisitor Lord
    CCW
    Bolt Pistol
    Plasma Cannon Servitor
    Empty Acolyte

Boom! This part I'm actually not so sure about, there might be a better way to outfit my retinue with this few points, please let me know. I'm probably fighting the Tau so I was thinking of swapping this for an HB servitor and two Sages or two HB servitors and no Acolyte.

Elites:
    [**] Eversor Assassin

[***] Death Cult Assassins (three)

Infiltrating Combat Monkeys. Eversor Charges, Death Cults act as backup that hopefully don't get slaughtered before they enter CC.

Troops:
    [205] Mechanized Sisters of Battle (ten, obv.)
    VSS w/ Power Weapon
    Heavy Flamer
    Meltagun
    Whino w/ Smoke

[205] Mechanized Sisters of Battle (also ten)
    VSS w/ Power Weapon
    Heavy Flamer
    Meltagun
    Whino w/ Smoke

I used pretty much this setup in a combat patrol and I liked it.

Heavy Support:
    [140] Exorcist
    Extra Armour

[148] Retributors (eight)
    Four Heavy Bolters

More shooties.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice/comments/questions.

Last edited by honorableSimon; March 13th, 2007 at 04:01. Reason: wrong points
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

[100] Inquisitor Lord
    CCW
    Bolt Pistol
    Plasma Cannon Servitor
    Empty Acolyte
    Well my idea boost the squad ten points, drop the alcoyte, ccw & bp in exchange for 2 sages, then you can use the Inquisitor lord as wounds to save the plasma cannon until last.

[**] Eversor Assassin

You can put the point costs in for these guys.

[205] Mechanized Sisters of Battle (ten, obv.)
    VSS w/ Power Weapon
    Heavy Flamer
    Meltagun
    Whino w/ Smoke

[205] Mechanized Sisters of Battle (also ten)
    VSS w/ Power Weapon
    Heavy Flamer
    Meltagun
    Whino w/ Smoke
    I'd pile both meltaguns into squad and put a regular flamer in with the heavy flamer. I still don't understand the point of your Whinos, they must whine quite a bit as they charge to their destruction.

[140] Exorcist
    Extra Armour

[148] Retributors (eight)
    Four Heavy Bolters
    First heavy is nice, but I'd exchange the second for another Exorcist, you can still take down infantry and heavy infantry with the exorcist, and you know that it can punch through armour and good saves.

The list is nice.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x2)

No, it's still not really Inquisitorial. Sorry.

Heyo, after some short comments from Skulls I've made what I consider to be a good decision and have decided to stop being stupid, so here's an updated list, I think it's actually a point below. Maybe I'll give the Inquisitor a bolt pistol. I can see it now. "You can have anything you wish." "I want that." Brilliant.

Headquarters:
    [110] Inquisitor Lord
    Plasma Cannon Servitor
    2 Sages

Elites:
    [**] Eversor Assassin

Troops:
    [203] Mechanized Sisters of Battle (ten, obv.)
    VSS w/ Power Weapon
    Meltaguns (two)
    Whino w/ Smoke

[201] Mechanized Sisters of Battle (also ten)
    VSS w/ Power Weapon
    Heavy Flamer
    Flamer
    Whino w/ Smoke

Heavy Support:
    [140] Exorcist
    Extra Armour

[140] Exorcist
    Extra Armour

Yes Path, the Whinos do whine their way to the front lines. There they act sort of like Slaaneshi Sonic Weaponry, except anything within 10D6" range takes an immediate wound with no armour saves or invulnerable saves t repressent the true whineosity of these high quality Whinos.

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    You can put the point costs in for these guys.
    Really? I was under the impression that you weren't supposed to post individual points costs/direct rule quotes because they're copyrighted and such. This is how Obliterators function in the Chaos forum anyway. Oh well. Y'all know how much they cost, as do I, so I'll just continue to censor them to be safe.
    Last edited by honorableSimon; March 13th, 2007 at 04:35. Reason: Spelling, as always

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Really? I was under the impression that you weren't supposed to post individual points costs/direct rule quotes because they're copyrighted and such. This is how Obliterators function in the Chaos forum anyway. Oh well. Y'all know how much they cost, as do I, so I'll just continue to censor them to be safe.
    I've never censored them and no one has ever said anything to me, but if that were the case then lictors, penitent engines, genestealers, they'd all need to be censored.

A question perhaps you can answer, what happened to all the people that used to post things on this forum? There used be at least half a dozen people and now its down to 1 Inquisitional player and one guy stuck half way in between.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x2)

I've never censored them and no one has ever said anything to me, but if that were the case then lictors, penitent engines, genestealers, they'd all need to be censored.
    HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Maybe I'm just stupid. Oh well. Silly face :ninja: (it's late so I'm not particularly coherent right now)

A question perhaps you can answer, what happened to all the people that used to post things on this forum? There used be at least half a dozen people and now its down to 1 Inquisitional player and one guy stuck half way in between.
    Sadly I don't think the people who play Witch Hunters are too into the whole "Zomgies I must make the perfect list" as there's not nearly as much customization as is possible in same Chaos or Normal Space Marines, so either they're über leets and don't feel like they need to bother with the whole forum listing and such, or they're not terribly dedicated and can't find the time to post consistently. I was already ehre because I also play Chaos and I have only recently branched into the magical realm of WH.

In short, I don't really know, but I hope they come back :cry:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

I remember when I first started Witch Hunters there were so many people here and now, a list once a week from someone other then us, if were lucky.

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by honorableSimon View Post
    Headquarters:
    [110] Inquisitor Lord
    Plasma Cannon Servitor
    2 Sages

Elites:
    [**] Eversor Assassin

never used DCA's, but seems like a good plasn

Troops:
    [203] Mechanized Sisters of Battle (ten, obv.)
    VSS w/ Power Weapon
    Meltaguns (two)
    Whino w/ Smoke
    Whah? no no. dont put dual meltaguns in a normal squad. Save this for celestians. why? because of you are shooting at a vehicle, you just wasted all those bolters. save meltas for 5 or 6 strong celestian squads. I'ld give this squad a hvy flamer and normal flamer. Also, the Whino, really really REALLY needs extra armour. its crucial to its whinoness. also, i seem to get fine w/o the power weapon, but its your call.

[201] Mechanized Sisters of Battle (also ten)
    VSS w/ Power Weapon
    Heavy Flamer
    Flamer
    Whino w/ Smoke
    needs extra armour and maybe drop the pwr weapon

Heavy Support:
    [140] Exorcist
    Extra Armour

[140] Exorcist
    Extra Armour
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x2)

First and foremost, Battle Report: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...00-points.html (Witch Hunters vs. T'au Empire 1000 points)

MVP: Eversor
    anti-MVP: =I= & retinue (really, the assassins in general just killed so much almost everything else kind of failed relatively.

Quote Originally Posted by gen.nehring View Post
    Whah? no no. dont put dual meltaguns in a normal squad. Save this for celestians. why? because of you are shooting at a vehicle, you just wasted all those bolters. save meltas for 5 or 6 strong celestian squads. I'ld give this squad a hvy flamer and normal flamer. Also, the Whino, really really REALLY needs extra armour. its crucial to its whinoness. also, i seem to get fine w/o the power weapon, but its your call.
    In the end I actually think the dual flamer combo would have worked better in this game, but that may have been just the situation I was in.

Now, here's where I'm confused. Why is extra armour so crucial on Rhinos? I see everyone taking it and it just doesn't make sense to me. If I'm not mistaken, it only downgrades stunned to shaken, and assuming the Rhinos are actually there for transportation why does an extra round of shooting with a storm bolter matter at all, especially next to a power weapon that could actually do damage to a squad if the Sister's get stuck in CC? Is there some tactica I'm missing here? Does bein stunned precent the people inside from shooting out, and even if it does this seems like a benefit that's so situation based it's not even funny - especially with flamer templates, what are the chances that you happen to be in just the right place to get two worthwile guns out the top?

and @ the power weapon, it works out pretty well in my experience, I have a bad habit of betting caught in close combat and having some attacks that actually do something in close combat is very helpful (usually I just give her an evis but that doesn't work as well in such a small list)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extra Armor is crucial because it keeps the Rhino moving... if you get stunned the sisters are stuck in a temporarily immobile rhino and cant shoot... which in turn is a good chance for an opponent to surround and obliterate the rhino and evryone inside. EA allows the rhino to continue moving and the sisters can get out and still shoot. Well worth the points to keep 100+ points alive and killing.

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Now, here's where I'm confused. Why is extra armour so crucial on Rhinos? I see everyone taking it and it just doesn't make sense to me. If I'm not mistaken, it only downgrades stunned to shaken, and assuming the Rhinos are actually there for transportation why does an extra round of shooting with a storm bolter matter at all, especially next to a power weapon that could actually do damage to a squad if the Sister's get stuck in CC? Is there some tactica I'm missing here? Does bein stunned precent the people inside from shooting out, and even if it does this seems like a benefit that's so situation based it's not even funny - especially with flamer templates, what are the chances that you happen to be in just the right place to get two worthwile guns out the top?
    I think you have stunned and shaken confused.. shaken allows for movement, and stunned does not, therefore still getting to move is critical as we only move 6" on foot and get a 14" movement with the rhino (12" move +2" disembarking)
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast