1500pt pure SoB footsloggers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x0)

    1500pt pure SoB footsloggers

    HQ234)
    Cannoness+Blessed Weapon, Jump Pack, Cloak of St Aspira, BoSL, Bolt Pistol, Frags
    (122)
    Cannoness+Eviserator, Jump Pack, Cloak of St Aspira, Bolt Pistol, Frags
    (117)

    Troops430)
    15x SoB+ 2x Meltaguns
    VSS+Bolter, BoSL (215)

    15x SoB+ 2x Meltaguns
    VSS+Bolter, BoSL (215)

    Fast Attack372)
    7x Seraphim+ 2x Hand Flamers
    VSS (200)

    5x Seraphim+ 2x Inferno Pistols
    VSS (172)

    Heavy Support464)
    7x Retributors+ 4x H. Bolters
    VSS (162)

    7x Retributors+ 4x H. Bolters
    VSS (162)

    Exorcist+ Extra Armor (140)

    Points= 1500
    Faith points= 10

    Hello all. I am new to warhammer. I have decided to make a Witch Hunter army. This is based off the models I have. Ideally I would like to have a mech force, but I dont have any rhinos, and I only have the one exorcist. please feel free to criticize the list, but I ask you to keep in mind that I want it to remain pure SoB and I have no rhinos (but I do have 2 immolators), and only the one exorcist.

    Thanks,
    Brian E.


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    LO Oldie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Elfering View Post
    HQ234)
    Cannoness+Blessed Weapon, Jump Pack, Cloak of St Aspira, BoSL, Bolt Pistol, Frags
    (122)
    Cannoness+Eviserator, Jump Pack, Cloak of St Aspira, Bolt Pistol, Frags
    (117)

    Troops430)
    15x SoB+ 2x Meltaguns
    VSS+Bolter, BoSL (215)

    15x SoB+ 2x Meltaguns
    VSS+Bolter, BoSL (215)

    Fast Attack372)
    7x Seraphim+ 2x Hand Flamers
    VSS (200)

    5x Seraphim+ 2x Inferno Pistols
    VSS (172)

    Heavy Support464)
    7x Retributors+ 4x H. Bolters
    VSS (162)

    7x Retributors+ 4x H. Bolters
    VSS (162)

    Exorcist+ Extra Armor (140)

    Points= 1500
    Faith points= 10

    Hello all. I am new to warhammer. I have decided to make a Witch Hunter army. This is based off the models I have. Ideally I would like to have a mech force, but I dont have any rhinos, and I only have the one exorcist. please feel free to criticize the list, but I ask you to keep in mind that I want it to remain pure SoB and I have no rhinos (but I do have 2 immolators), and only the one exorcist.

    Thanks,
    Brian E.

    looks pretty good, just swap out those retributors for another exorcist, and add an eviscerator to the seraphim squad with flamers and it looks pretty competative!
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x0)

    Thanks for the comments gen.nerhing. Taking into account what you said, here is what the new list looks like:

    HQ229)
    Cannoness+Blessed Weapon, Jump Pack, Cloak of St Aspira, Bolt Pistol, Frags
    (117)
    Cannoness+Eviserator, Jump Pack, Cloak of St Aspira, Bolt Pistol, Frags
    (112)

    Troops430)
    15x SoB+ 2x Meltaguns
    VSS+Bolter, BoSL (215)

    15x SoB+ 2x Meltaguns
    VSS+Bolter, BoSL (215)

    Fast Attack397)
    7x Seraphim+ 2x Hand Flamers
    VSS+ Eviscerator (225)

    5x Seraphim+ 2x Inferno Pistols
    VSS (172)

    Heavy Support444)
    7x Retributors+ 4x H. Bolters
    VSS+ Auspex (164)

    Exorcist+ Extra Armor (140)

    Exorcist+ Extra Armor (140)

    Points= 1500
    Faith points= 9

    Its just:
    -BoSL on Cannoness
    -Retributor squad #2

    +Exorcist
    +Eviscerator
    +Auspex

  5. #4
    WarmaHorde Pathofskulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Conneticut, US
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

    7x Seraphim+ 2x Hand Flamers
    VSS+ Eviscerator (225)

    5x Seraphim+ 2x Inferno Pistols
    VSS (172)
    Move one of the Seraphim from the first squad to the second. If you want to bust tanks with the second your going to need some extra bodies when that squad starts getting shot up.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

  6. #5
    Forward Kommander Blood_Blade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Canada, Eh!
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

    The only thing I noticed is both your Cannonesses have Cloak of St Aspira. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost certin that its a one per army item.

    On a personal note, I would include more footsloging sisters in a list like this, but thats up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

  7. #6
    WarmaHorde Pathofskulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Conneticut, US
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

    The only thing I noticed is both your Cannonesses have Cloak of St Aspira. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost certin that its a one per army item.
    Your wrong, I'm correcting you, its as many as you have Adeptus Sororitas Heroines.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x0)

    Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    Move one of the Seraphim from the first squad to the second. If you want to bust tanks with the second your going to need some extra bodies when that squad starts getting shot up.
    But then that puts the squads at uneven numbers, which is bad for scoring purposes. Also I heard that 8 sisters was the ideal number for dual-flamer infantry hunting squads. I do however see what you mean about them getting shot up.

    Should I make them both 7 strong and have the heroines join the respective squads to bolster numbers? Blessed Weapon with flamers, and eviscerator with tank hunters? But then they lose hit-and-run.

  9. #8
    Aesthete honorableSimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    541
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

    This might apply more in Chaos, but your Sisters squads aren't maxed out. By this I mean if you take 5 sisters out of each squad to form their own squad, not only do you open up the ability to take two more meltaguns, you gave more strategic fexibility in that you can send your sisters in three independent directions instead of just two - two can advance at two separate squads while a third goes off tank hunting, or somethign similar. Also, this gives you three squads with even numbers, so you actually increase the net number of units the enemy has to kill to completely take out your sister's ability to be scoring units by two models without actually buying anything (theoretically you'd want to buy another VSS and some pretty guns, but I'm just saying if you're tight on points this is still a gain for you)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Elfering View Post
    But then that puts the squads at uneven numbers, which is bad for scoring purposes. Also I heard that 8 sisters was the ideal number for dual-flamer infantry hunting squads. I do however see what you mean about them getting shot up.

    Should I make them both 7 strong and have the heroines join the respective squads to bolster numbers? Blessed Weapon with flamers, and eviscerator with tank hunters? But then they lose hit-and-run.
    I'm not sure he realized you were joining both squads with the Cannonesses, I don't believe you have it noted anywhere, and in this case I think you're right, 6 and 8 is probably better, although I'd be careful not to spend too many points of seraphim, maybe one squad of 8 with whichever pistol pistol you prefer?
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

  10. #9
    LO Oldie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Elfering View Post
    Should I make them both 7 strong and have the heroines join the respective squads to bolster numbers? Blessed Weapon with flamers, and eviscerator with tank hunters? But then they lose hit-and-run.
    never, Never, NEVER join a heroine to a seraphim squad. hit and run is what makes seraphim so good. just fly the canoness' next to them they dont have to join the squad.

    as for numbers, i find 7 or 8 a good number.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x0)

    I didn't plan on having the canoness joining the seraphim, I was asking if I should. So my final list will look the same, but the seraphim squads will each have 7 in them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts