Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey guys! haven't been here for a while, but now that I've moved to the home of warhammer, I'm hoping people can give me some advice as to what to expect here. any advice as to what to change, who to look out for etc> Thank
Command Platoon - I
1 Junior Officer - Honourifica Imperialis, Iron Discipline
1 Standard Bearer
2 Fire Support Squad - Heavy Bolters, sharpshooters
2 Anti - Tank Squad - lascannons
Troop Platoon - II
1 Command Squad
Junior Officer - Power Weapon, Iron Discipline (mortar )
3 Infantry Squad - Heavy Weapons Team ( 1 lascannons 2 hvy bolter)
Troop Platoon - III
1 Command Squad
Junior Officer - Power Weapon, Iron Disipline (mortar )
3 Infantry Squad - Heavy Weapons Team ( 3 lascannons )
1 Leman Russ - 3 hvy bolters
2 Chimera's - Heavy Bolters
2 Storm Trooper Squads - ( 5 ea) 2 plasma guns per squad
1 Sentinal - Autocannon
(storm trooper doctrine)
Ya well there you go! . The combat Patrols really new haven't even made them. The 1500's gone through a few tornements most resently its got 2 silvers (which i'm happy with)
Ya so any help would be awesome!
Here some Pics as well chuchu01/Warhammer - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I dont really know if commenting on the list is going to do much as it already seems to be doing well but il give it a crack...
right seen as there are no errors il just put a few overall points,
1. you have a ridiculous amount of lascannons, these are expensive and if you come up against a horde army well im sure thats why you got silvers. the multilaser works out as a far better weapon and so does the plasma. yes there is the range thing and the tank busting but you might want to consider a change. You have enough heavy bolters to take out the infantry so these arent really needed, now you want to take out tanks, unless you are coming up against an armoured company a missile launcher or two as replacements for lascannons will be fine, same number of shots only 1 less strength it also means you could get a plasma in. this in a heavy bolter squad would be good antiMEQ or with the missile squads to make the antitank have a little more punch up close. Something you also dont use is the autocannon. now its a very tricky weapon to use as its 2nd best at everything apart from anti skimmer duties. if they move fast you are only glancing anyway so the strength is still good. the two shots give you twice the chance of hitting aswell. the only problem with it is if they dont have skimmers or transports its a bit pants, but still more worthwhile than a lascannon. you also get another 10 points for special weapons. basically id say change 2-3 of your lascannons to lower strength weapons such as missiles or autocannons then use the extra points to buy 2-3 plasma which compliments heavy bolters, and autocannons really well.
2. I'l have to ask but does your russ get a lot of flak. I mean its the only viable target for antitank and as such might not be best used as its on its own if you changed what ive mentioned above you could afford to upgrade a bassie to a russ to give the enemy some options, unfortuantely that cripples the bassie a little. Tactically to ofset that you can force their hand. if you deploy a bassie the enemy will ike to be under its min range as quick as possible. so what you do is you set up crossfire so if he does that his units will be pinned in a corner, it also means you can trample one of his flanks by moving some russ up. its personal preference though.
3. again with the single russ you could swap it out for some sentinels or more gun toting troops you would lose the battlecannon but you would also make the enemies antitank useless. if you took infantry. if you swapped it for sentinels you could deepstrike them in to confuse the enemies lines and give you more time to shoot them up or just use them to put crossfire down across the front of your llines etc.
just a few thoughts mainly on preference.
As for the 400 point list. you will probably confuse some players and overwhelm their anti tank but think if you came up against a guard player with a heavy bolter and an autocannon with a little plasam in a vet squad. you would be left with 10 men frightened to go out in the open against AP4 this is a more play style thing though. also you will need to take a grenadiers doctrine to make the list legal as you have no troops. i found that using 2 chimeras id do an armoured fist squad with grenade and missile and a full vet squad with plasma and grenades. the armour of weapons is always going to hurt so it makes oyu get into cover it also means you have more bodies. other than that play testing is a good idea. if you dont have all of the models proxy as there arent a huge amount of them (also for effectives save money time and points id take a multilaser sentinel. in 400 pts people are rarely forced out of cover so the AP doesnt matter and whats more is that the high strength and number of shots makes it the best anti MEQ weapon next to plasma.)
sorry for the length of the post
Hope it helps though
Wow thanks mate. really informative
I also have a bad feeling about changing a winning formula but I may give your ideas a go ... The changing for some plasmas could be nice I never used them ( always outta fear of explosions ) the lasses are a personal fav though cause there are 10 and i place them on the top part of my box it always get a raised eyebrow when i open up ( which naturally i love ) but maybe increasing the fire power would help.
Ya the russ always gets shot it if i let it. Recently I've tended to hide it behind my HQ and heavy bolter squads (central table area) usually behind cover and then just pop out the nose for some pot shots. it usually help prevent an assualt down the center from my opponent which is a IG dream as half your army is free from attacks , as the enemy will advance along a flank. It also useful some last minute objective grabs as the rest of the army is static.
Swapping out the Russ is an option i would like to consider , and some walkers would be a good option , serving the same task as the Russ, but probably more effectivly , prehaps 2 ? with auto cannons ?
I really like the ideas for the combat patrol, (saving some money is alway good) It also looks more combat worthy. So i'll probably go with it
Again thanks alot for the comments there really good
autocannons on sentinels arent my favourites but then its personal choice (multilasers do work better but somehow autocannons still look damn good. i swear by the multilaser anyway. I did have another thought you could get or convert an eterminator turret for your russ, this means that you can move it around a lot without losing firing potential, permission is needed to use it (though it was in the last IG codex so anyone who says no isnt really worth playing anyway lol) the firepower it kicks out would make your force very anti horde. the sentinels are v tricky to use though so if you do change to them play a few dozen practice games to get a feel of them, start using them at 400 points first then work your way up to the 150 point army with them.
A few tips on them
1. use the as drop troops these will harass and take out tank rear armour multilasers and heavy flamers
2. as support hiding and supporting tanks lascannon and autocannon,
3. generic support multilasers and flamers for hidden defence near you lines deternet really any of the above though the cheaper the better.
A tip on modelling them pin everything the legs and the feet need pinning the most otherwise you will need ot do it later on after they break mid battle!
hope that helps
Hmm Hmm, gah! its a tough choice, i like the idea sentinals but i'm not sure they'll pack as much of a punch as a battle cannon leman, but they will get shot less (just purely on being smaller) and like you say you can deepstrike them, which gives me more target options right now i was thinking of 3 multi laser sent (all sep squads) and adding a pwr weapon for the ol lord, but i get left with 19points over which i'm at odds of what to spend it on .... any ideas guys?
You could get improved comms for that i think which if you were going to deepstrike would work well.
other than that vet sarges (three of) and a bolt pistol somewhere
two special weapons or even three flamers
um surveyors are nasty especially with indirect fire (though check that, may be a reason they cant combine)
ooo vet sarges with surveyors in the two heavy bolter squads
I think you should play test without the 19 points and with the sentinels and see what might be useful!!