Sneaky Guard V2.0 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Gilbert, AZ
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Sneaky Guard V2.0

The second (and far greater) incarnation of the infamous Sneaky Guard! Tanith ain't got shit on me:

HQ Platoon:
    Heroic Senior Officer with Honorifica Imperialis
    1 Mortar, 1 Lasgunner 1 Company Banner Bearer

Independent Commissar w/ Laspistol, Power Weapon, Surveyor

40 Conscripts

Infantry Platoon (Armored Bane)
    Junior Officer
    1 Mortar, 2 Lasgunners

2x 8 Lasgunners, 1 Vet. Sarge w/ Lasgun, 1 Melta Gun, Light Infantry

Infantry Platoon (Frontline Rangers)
    Junior Officer
    1 Mortar, 2 Lasgunners

2x 8 Lasgunners, 1 Vet. Sarge. w/ Lasgun and Surveyor, 1 Melta Gun, Light Infantry

3x 8 Lasgunners, 1 Vet. Sarge. w/ Lasgun and Surveyor, 1 Grenade Launcher, Light Infantry

Infantry Platoon (The Reapers)
    Junior Officer w/ Honorifica Imperialis
    1 Mortar, 2 Lasgunners

2x 8 Lasgunners, 1 Grenade Launcher, 1 Heavy Bolter

3x 9 Lasgunners, 1 Lascannon

All squads that can have Close Order Drill and my doctrines are: Close Order Drill, Light Infantry, Independent Commissars, Conscript Platoons

The Commissar goes with the Conscripts to keep them brave as they take the charge of a

unit or walk across the battlefield looking to club something. The small Platoon goes tank

hunting along with the other Infiltrating Melta Guns, if there are no tanks they just do

support fire. The Infiltrating Grenade Launchers widdle down the numbers and stay on a

flank so an assault army must assault to the side and not get closer to me than needed.

The Mortars pin things that piss me off like Devastator squads and other small squads/low

Ld targets. The big sit back Platoon uses the HB to widdle down more while the Lascannons

take on armor and Termies. The line is anchored by the two Ld9 officers and a Company

Standard (because I'd enjoy converting it and it helps further the Red Army theme) and the

Infiltrators have a respectable Ld8 but are meant to eventually fall after they've taken out

important targets and held up the enemy army. This army can deal with swarm,

mechanised, mixtures and one trick ponies. It weighs in at a frightening 181 Guardsmen in

only 1500 points. The numbers alone give me a psychological advantage and more scoring

units than I can shake a stick at. Any holes to poke gentlemen?

Last edited by EmoJosh; March 19th, 2007 at 13:42.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread