1500 Angels of the Lion (DA) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

1500 Angels of the Lion (DA)

Howdy folks, ==Me== here.

I've been working on a couple DA lists with the shiny new Codex, so I figured I'd see what ==My== fellow Online Librarians (:shifty: ) had to say about it.

HQ
    Company Master-Power Weapon, Storm Bolter, Bolt Pistol, Iron Halo, Frag and Krak Grenades (120)
    Command Squad-5 Veterans w/ frag and krak grenades, 1w/ narthecium, reductor, plasma pistol, chainsword, 1w/ company standard, power weapon, bolt pistol, 1w/ powerfist, bolt pistol, 2w/ flamer, bolt pistol (175)
    Razorback-Extra Armor (65)
    Elites
    Dreadnought-Plasma Cannon, Extra Armor (140)
    Troops
    Tactical Squad-10 marines w/ frag and krak grenades, bolt pistol, 7w/ bolters, 1w/ Lascannon, 1w/ Plasma Gun, Veteran Sergeant-powerfist (225)
    Razorback (50)
    Tactical Squad-10 marines w/ frag and krak grenades, bolt pistol, 7w/ bolters, 1w/ Lascannon, 1w/ Plasma Gun, Veteran Sergeant-powerfist (225)
    Razorback (50)
    Tactical Squad-5 marines w/ frag and krak grenades, 3w/ bolters, 1w/ meltagun, Veteran Sergeant-powerfist (125)
    Razorback (50)
    Tactical Squad-5 marines w/ frag and krak grenades, 3w/ bolters, 1w/ meltagun, Veteran Sergeant-powerfist (125)
    Razorback (50)
    Heavy Support
    Predator-Turret Autocannon, Sponson Heavy Bolters, Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter, Extra Armor (115)
    Whirlwind (85)

Total points-1500
    Model count-44

C&C greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

I like the list. There are just a few things that I would offer up that I think might work out a little better.

Basically to make it short and sweet. I would get rid of the Pred, Add another Whirlwind, and give two of the Razorbacks TL-Lasscannons.

Yeah thats what I think

Kendo's DA's, Eldar, and stuff WIP
    Dark Angels: W-22 D-4 L-5 High Elves W-8 L-1

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

This seems a rather 'friendly' list. I was hoping you'd make the best list possible with DAs - unless this is the list you think is best for the point level dark angels.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

This is just one of many lists I'm working on, I do so like the mechanized army and I have a soft spot for ==My== Company Master and Command Squad.

The basic premise of this is a mech army, as I stated before. The command Squad and 4 other RB squads, along with the Pred and Dread, advance towards the enemy, dishing out mobile firepower and choppy goodness, while the lascannons and WW sit back and support.

5 marines may not do much on their own, but 3 or 4 units of them can mob and pulverize anything nasty like a DP, Tyrant, etc. Or, they can go their seperate ways to deal with 4 units on their own. Command Squad is there for kicks and the lovely customization offered.

Do you have any constructive comments Forged?

Anyone else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

No, my comments only come in explosive packets :ninja:

Razorback (50)
    Trade the plasma gun for a melta gun. A 5 man squad with krak, powerfist, and melta gun, is good anti tank - or reasonable, and the special weapon + bolt pistol can be shot on the charge.

If you had 4 of these same squads id take 2 as plasma cannons, instead of lascannons. This is just advise for larger games.

Razorback (50
    Same as above.

Predator-Turret Autocannon, Sponson Heavy Bolters, Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter, Extra Armor (115)
    Remove everything but the heavy bolters.

Whirlwind (85)

Trade this for a second predator, with heavy bolters: 95 points.

Company Master-Power Weapon, Storm Bolter, Bolt Pistol, Iron Halo, Frag and Krak Grenades (120)
    I don't think the storm bolter is really needed - and are you sure this model can wield three weapons in the same turn? Then use the bolt pistol in CC to get an extra attack. Of course, I don't know if they have any restrictions like those of space marines.

Anyway, a chaplain would cheaper. You only have two infantry squads without sergeant, so its not a big deal to not have excellent leadership.

Command Squad-5 Veterans w/ frag and krak grenades, 1w/ narthecium, reductor, plasma pistol, chainsword, 1w/ company standard, power weapon, bolt pistol, 1w/ powerfist, bolt pistol, 2w/ flamer, bolt pistol (175)
    Razorback-Extra Armor (65)
    Check your points, I thinkt he command squad is over 200 points as it.

I suggest a veteran squad with 5 marines, 2 with powerfists, 150.

Remove extra armor.

Elites
    Dreadnought-Plasma Cannon, Extra Armor (140)
    Trade this for a landspeeder tornado, or third predator.

Now you will save over 100 points, so upgrade a third tactical with a shooty combat section.

Peace

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

No, my comments only come in explosive packets :ninja:
    Well that does make things exciting^_^

Trade the plasma gun for a melta gun. A 5 man squad with krak, powerfist, and melta gun, is good anti tank - or reasonable, and the special weapon + bolt pistol can be shot on the charge.

If you had 4 of these same squads id take 2 as plasma cannons, instead of lascannons. This is just advise for larger games.
    I was thinking of ditching the plasma for flamers, makes up for the lack of bolters and the powerfist+kraks can deal with most armor. And remember you can only fire one weapon, so I can get either rapid firey death or bolt pistols for charging (plus I can choose between flamer or bolt pistol so as not to risk killing too many to deny a charge). And, yes, for larger games I will add plasma cannons or missile launchers to the 2nd set of squads.

Remove everything but the heavy bolters.

Whirlwind (85)

Trade this for a second predator, with heavy bolters: 95 points.
    Mmm...dakka out the wazoo, and for less.

I don't think the storm bolter is really needed - and are you sure this model can wield three weapons in the same turn? Then use the bolt pistol in CC to get an extra attack. Of course, I don't know if they have any restrictions like those of space marines.

Anyway, a chaplain would cheaper. You only have two infantry squads without sergeant, so its not a big deal to not have excellent leadership.
    Yep, he can shoot people up with the storm bolter and still get +1A for 2 ccw, it's one of our little perks. If I got a Chaplain I would take Company Vets instead for a little cost-cutting, as the Command Squad is fearless already and spending extra for them is redundant.

Chaplain w/ storm bolter (105)
    Company Vets-5 Vets, 3 powerfists, meltagun (185)
    Razor-Extra Armor (65)

One less wound on the character, but an extra powerfist and re-rolling attacks for about the same overall cost.

Check your points, I thinkt he command squad is over 200 points as it.
    Gah, dunno how I messed that up (forgot the plasma pistol:shifty: ).

Trade this for a landspeeder tornado, or third predator.
    Aww, but I love ==Mah== Dready, there's plenty of armor to keep him safe for a bit.

Now you will save over 100 points, so upgrade a third tactical with a shooty combat section.
    Hello Plasma ^_^

Thanks for the run through Forged, I'll work on this a bit more and come back with an updated list later today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

I was thinking of ditching the plasma for flamers, makes up for the lack of bolters and the powerfist+kraks can deal with most armor.
    What lack of bolters? Every marine - except the veteran is holding a bolter, or special weapon.

I really don't think you need flamers.

Aww, but I love ==Mah== Dready, there's plenty of armor to keep him safe for a bit.
    Hes more expensive for less firepower.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I played a 3000 point army of DA yesterday. None of us had enough points with us to play him at that level - so an eldar player, and I, chaos teamed up.

I'm sure there are good advantages from playing with two lists. That said, I was most unimpressed with the DAs Death wing assault. The DA army was commanded by a long time friend, who is a pretty good commander. Anyway, his list was something like: 4 deathwing squads each with 1 lightening claw, and 1 assault cannon. Then he had the master of the deathwing, and and a 5th squad of terminators equipped the same, except with an apothecary. He also had 3 squads of full squads of ravenwing attack squads, each with 2 meltas, a powerfist, and multi-melta + tornado. Then he had 3 more landspeeder tornados, since he also fielded the ravenwing master on skimmer. Finally he had 3 predators, the version i advise you take.

He won board edge, and first turn, the mission was secure and control. Basically he scout moved and flanked down each side of the battle field - waiting the left side more heavily.

The deathwing assaulted, and 3 squads of terminators showed up. They did some reasonable damage with shooting, including 6 rends. That was all nice, and the army flowed well. The ravenwing shot and assaulted - they lost a bike from not having skilled riders.

All this was well and good - but the bikes hit close combat - power fists and chaos HQs dont like bikers however. Anyway, long story short, the deathwing lost 10 terminators from - they met the wrong end of a falcon and some plasma shots.

Next turn, two more squads of deathwing arrived. Had these been normal terminators - toting 2 assault cannons each, the game would have been over. As it stood, the harlequins made and assault which essentially broke the back of the death wing.

The death wing player was rolling well - with what limited shots he had - and was making better then his average invunerable saves. Even with everything going his way, and the game was closer then victory points would suggest, the DAs just didn't seem to have what it takes these days. I concede this is not a truly fair test - as the DA was up against two of the better armies in the galaxy. The DAs where left with a single immobilized predator. Nothing else survived. The final score was 4947, to 1483, Victorious Slaughter. Ahh, how the angels have fallen.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

I would use the flamers if they split up, 3 bolters and a bolt pistol isn't going to kill much, but add on a burney template and things get more interesting.

Dready is expensive, but after he took out a Tyrant in CC, he's staying in

As for your battle, sounds like your DA opponent is still working out the kinks in his list. I know I wouldn't want to charge tooled up Chaos units with any number of termies, they get smoked regardless of Chapter affiliation. It certainly looks like you and your Eldar friend outplayed him, which is something no Codex can make up for (except maybe IW:shifty: ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hate to rain on peoples parades...

BUT

"The Razorback may carry up to 6 marines, but may not transport Terminators."

Sorry.

But otherwise a very nice plasma list..

Go smite!

C.G

"i pity the poor fool"

COMMISSAR GAUNT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Gaunt View Post
    hate to rain on peoples parades...

BUT

"The Razorback may carry up to 6 marines, but may not transport Terminators."

Sorry.

But otherwise a very nice plasma list..

Go smite!

C.G
    What parade would you be raining on?

His 10 man squads can split into 2-5 man combat squads, one of which may then use the Razorback.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast