Stryker Brigade Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stryker Brigade Army List

If anyone saw the post about me planning on using Strykers for a IG well here is a rough beginner list for it. I am using Army Builder, until my IG Codex comes in the mail. I am trying to get advice to war gear/special or heavy weapon options. I really have no points limit, but I guess 2000 could be considered one if you need a limit.

Here we go.

HQ:

Command Platoon

Command Squad
    -Heroic Senior Officer x 1
    --Guardsmen x 4
    ---Chimera x 1

ELITE:

Storm Troopers (DELTA)
    -Storm Troopers x 9
    --Veteran Sergeant x 1
    ---Valkyrie x 1

Hardened Veterans (GREEN BERET)
    -Hardened Veterans x 9
    --Veteran Sergeant x 1
    ---Chimera x 1

Hardened Veterans (GREEN BERET)
    -Hardened Veterans x 9
    --Veteran Sergeant x 1
    ---Chimera x 1

TROOPS:

Grenadiers (RANGERS)
    -Grenadiers x 9
    --Veteran Sergeant x 1
    ---Chimera x 1

Grenadiers (RANGERS)
    -Grenadiers x 9
    --Veteran Sergeant x 1
    ---Chimera x 1

Grenadiers (RANGERS)
    -Grenadiers x 9
    --Veteran Sergeant x 1
    ---Chimera x 1

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Basilisk
    -Basilisk x 1

Basilisk
    -Basilisk x 1

As you can see it's has a strong Special Forces theme to it, I want it to be fast, most of objective taking missions and such. I'm just terrible when it comes to allocating war gear and special/heavy weapons.

Of course I have no problem with changing up the squads, I think if I could get a Power Army out of this that would be cool too.

Thanks.

I hope people are having fun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Il go through from the top:

HQ:

Power sword for the officer ion discipline would be good too, give the squad carapace perhaps if you dont wt to give them carapace (expensive way upgrade them all to ets and raid the armoury for it) (or cheap way take the doctrine though this would mean your hardened vets would have to take it aswell) if you want them just normal go for a leadership squad or something similar to the hardend vets so the can work together, whatever you do get ID though

Elites
    cant grumble, choose either all anti tnak or all anti infnatry for the valk, stick ther squad inside with complimentary weapons ie. multilas on the valk so plasma on the squad etc.
    Hardned vets give meltas as their save is worse, use them as anti tank

troops:
    two squads plasma one with grenades or flamers or something like that, also make the third chimera have a hull heavy flamer. or three squads with plasma would be fine as the chimeras have anti horde capability.

Heavy support:
    drop both of these, gt something that is fast such as a russ exterminator or that new one with double lascannons mmmm. basically you need to spend the heavy support points on fast stuff if the rest of your army is otherwise bassies wont be protected, you could get hellhounds instaed which work well with a fast force

The basic theme to an army like this to make it work is to get the tanks after infnatry and the infantry after tanks

Hope this helps

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see your point on the heavy support. I still want Basilisk though, cause modern combat artillery is still the king of battle and infantry calls in artillery support all the time. Is there something I could incorperate into my army that would be able to shield my artillery? Rough riders perhaps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Sorry I accidentally hit the button twice.)
    Last edited by RedFang; March 26th, 2007 at 09:56.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

The best way to shield the bassies would probably be to use a squad or two. While you are going to avoid infantry platoons a minimum platoon should be fine it wouldnt be too costly either (£38 for a box of cadians and a heavy weapons box). alternatively use one of your grenadier squads. Also remember that a VAlkyrie can kick out enough power to make up for a bassie. Te non transport valkyrie (cant remember its name) would also be a fitting choice. If you are dead set on taking the two bassies you will need a squad to cover each which will stop the movement in your force.
    You could alos incorporate it into your play syle. While the army is going to be rapid reaction the best way seems to send a squad or two forward to test the enemy and then us the rest of your army to react, while they are waiting to react they can cover the bassies and once they react it shouldve been in such a way as to neutralise all threats simultanaeously.

A

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

I would drop one of the Bassies in Favor of an Exterminator (11 shots a turn!) OR a Hellhound.
    The bassies are too 'high maintenance' for my liking, but thats just me.

But I do feel that having some real armor moving up in the front lines could help pull some fire from your Chimeras...

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I never thought about putting a Vulture in my army, it would be a fitting choice, for quick 2nd turn strafeing runs, and I was planning on putting in some Improved Comms into my command squad chimera to offset a bad reserve roll.

Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    I would drop one of the Bassies in Favor of an Exterminator (11 shots a turn!) OR a Hellhound.
    The bassies are too 'high maintenance' for my liking, but thats just me.

But I do feel that having some real armor moving up in the front lines could help pull some fire from your Chimeras...

Mike
    Real Armor? Do you mean Leman Russes (M1A2 Abrams)? I was considering replacing the Basilisk for them, as they are a bit more mobile.

+ Reply to Thread