Welcome to Librarium Online!
Im thinking about starting an Armoured Company of Death Korps of Krieg. I have the following list and would appreciate any help you guys could give me. Thanks:
-Leman Russ Vanquisher
-4 leman russ battle tanks (MARS ALPHA PATTERN)
-2 leman russ exterminators(MARS ALPHA PATTERN)
-30 storm troopers (grenadiers) **i think they can be part of army**
Tell me what you think, appreciate the help.
- HQ: A Vanquisher HQ makes for a very expensive tank, I would use an Exterminator instead.
- Troops: Having lost your vanquisher, the anti-tank shells doctrine for your battletanks is really useful.
- Troops: Leave Exterminators as your Elite/HQ choices, they accually benefit from the increased BS... also, I don't think Exterminators can be fielded as troops to begin with, been a while since I read the AC rules... speaking of which, which AC rules are you using?
- Fast Attack Stormtroopers are a fast attack choice in an Armoured Company list, not a troopchoice.
- Heavy Support I dislike the idea of basilisks in an Armoured Company - I'd just field nothing but different types of Russes, Hellhounds and Chimerae.
Oh, remember that 95% of the upgrades available to an Armoured Company aren't worth it, focus on numbers instead. Your opponent should face a wall of Leman Russes after you've deployed.
I dont know what other rules there are, but there is a rules set on the GW website for AC armies. According to those rules, you can take 2 tanks as troops for every HQ/Tank Ace you have. So in your list, since you only have one HQ, you can only take two tanks as troops. Storm troopers are elite choice, and have to be taken with a transport...If you want more tanks as troops, you'll have to lower the number of stormtroopers, since Tank Aces are also elites choices. The good news is you can take Armored fist squads as fast attack. That should help with troop numbers...or you could just go with the "Wall o' Russes" as Kaiser suggested :-)
@ Asharoth: Imperial armour have the other armoured company rules.
I agree with Kaiser about the exterminator, i played one with a lascannon on the hull and my god was it good!
As for the vanquisher it uses BS to fire so actually does benefit from the elites hired BS skill, it can also be fired on the move if i remember correctly and not be affected by the movement.
leave the bassies at home they (bein less armoured will get wiped)
Do remember that you can field a decent armoured company from a normal mech guard list by just swapping a few units around, also when using the IA rules infantry a rubbish, they dont get the doctrines or LD bubbles (well the main one anyway), they also run off the old rules for command squads.
hope that helps