Black Templar1.7K- HoH Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

Black Templar1.7K- HoH Tournament

Well, in one week there is a HoH tournament. I have had various incarnations of my list, but this is the one I have decided to take to the tournament. Now, I have also posted this on the B&C, Warseer, and BT forum... I have received only a bit of feedback.
    There are 12 people, and will have about 6 peices of terrain on the tables. I have a pretty good record with this list... So far I have received a M loss vs nids, and a M win vs Iron Warriors... I also have mor info on my actual army and such, on my Blog. Well enought chit chat here is my list:

HQ/
    MOS, power armour, corozius, rosarius, bp, frags, holy orb, bionics. @127pts

EC- Uphold the Honour----------------------------------------------------@100pts

Elites/
    6 Assault Termies, (4 clawsn 2 TH&SS) w FC---------------------------@258pts
    +LRC smoke, dozerblade-------------------------------------------------@273pts

Troops/
    Crusaders II 8(7 inis, 1 neo, PF, MG, frags)----------------------------@155pts
    +Rhino xa, smoke--------------------------------------------------------@58pts
    Crusaders VII 8 (same as above)---------------------------------------@155pts
    +Rhino (same as above)--------------------------------------------------@58pts
    Crusaders III 6(5inis, 1 neo, LC)-----------------------------------------@105pts
    +Razorback xa-------------------------------------------------------------@75pts
    Crusaders X 6 (same as above)------------------------------------------@105pts
    +Razorback xa, searchlight-----------------------------------------------@76pts

Heavy Support/
    Vindicator POTMS----------------------------------------------------------@155pts

So the total now is:
    36inf...
    6 tanks... well 4 paper ones and 2 primary targets...

Any comment appreciated. Even just moral support!

If you guys want to check it out, here is my blog:
    http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/i...log&blogid=36&

cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I have big problems with this list. I'll just offer my opinion and you can take it as you see it.

Holy Orb is pretty bad, it gets off maybe once a game. I'm not a fan of such wargear choices that have a limited usefullness. Bionics are 100% useless as you have a 4+ Invuln.

Your choice of Vow is fine, my favorite is the advancing one if they have a Psyker but all Vows are good.

The Termies and their ride are all good, that's your heavy payload so consider Blessed Hull or w/e if you have even 1 Eldar opponent, it could spell victory.

This is the biggest problem I see. You cannot assault from Rhinos and Razorbacks and they also blow up alot of the time, costing you the squad most likely. If you advance in fully fleshed out squads on foot the Neophytes eat the big bullets and the Initiates arrive to crack some skull. Because of the BT rule of "shoot me and I go fast" you won't lose all of your speed. Somethign to think about.

Vindicators are amazing, they can bust big tanks and big squads. Just keep it safe.

Good luck at your tourney!
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

thanks.
    Well, most people dont really agree with the full mechanized in a competitive environment. I like the holy orb, (last game it killed 6 chaos marines in one hit), and it can autoglance vehicles... . Ly list had done comparativel well, I do now for a fact that there will be no eldar at the tourney, our eldar player is not going to it... there are only 12 ppl.
    Egh... I will try it out, see what it can do. I am modifying my list soon... to a ful drop pod army, or a full footsloggin list... but not yet, the mechanized list still ad some juice in it. Anyhow, thanks for your ideas!... cheers.
    Podcast and Blog
    Youtube Channel
    Twitt-errr... @ Skari2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Yeah I mean your still on good ground, just block with the Rhinos and than they part and oh *gasp* BT's run over my face. Your success with prolly be seen on A. how many transports get there (duh) and B. how well you can block the big scary guns away.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

Well... third real test battle with this list... against Necrons.... solid victory.
    Check out my blog:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...13&entry=20447
    Podcast and Blog
    Youtube Channel
    Twitt-errr... @ Skari2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Templarius View Post

HQ/
    MOS, power armour, corozius, rosarius, bp, frags, holy orb, bionics. @127pts
    Make him Recclusiarch, drop orb
    EC- Uphold the Honour----------------------------------------------------@100pts
    Fine but I Prefer AACNMO
    Elites/
    6 Assault Termies, (4 clawsn 2 TH&SS) w FC---------------------------@258pts
    +LRC smoke, dozerblade-------------------------------------------------@273pts
    Not worth it in 1700 pts, mite as well drop 'em
    Troops/
    Crusaders II 8(7 inis, 1 neo, PF, MG, frags)----------------------------@155pts
    +Rhino xa, smoke--------------------------------------------------------@58pts
    Waste of time, 9 man sqds for the chars, more effective NO NEOPHYTES!
    Crusaders VII 8 (same as above)---------------------------------------@155pts
    +Rhino (same as above)--------------------------------------------------@58pts
    Same as above
    Crusaders III 6(5inis, 1 neo, LC)-----------------------------------------@105pts
    +Razorback xa-------------------------------------------------------------@75pts
    Upgrade razorback to LC w/ [points
    Crusaders X 6 (same as above)------------------------------------------@105pts
    +Razorback xa, searchlight-----------------------------------------------@76pts
    Same
    Heavy Support/
    Vindicator POTMS----------------------------------------------------------@155pts
    Good
    So the total now is:
    36inf...
    6 tanks... well 4 paper ones and 2 primary targets...
    With the termies dropped and the norm sqauds at 9 models w/ no neophytes, you should be able to shove a few 10 man rhino units in
    Thats my 2 cents, These changes will help you keep your enemy on the toes if you play it right. (if you look in the SM normal forum I have written on article on Rhino's)
    Last edited by Killswitch; March 30th, 2007 at 01:34.

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

thanks for the advice... I would prefer to take many more men... but I have already made my display base and the tournament is on saturday... I will however playtest the list you have suggested. And thanks for the rhino article.
    As for neophytes, I will always have at least 2 in a 10 man squad, I really like them, not only are they cheap, but because of that they help out balance the point increase that we templars got in our dex...
    As for the orb... it has served me well, once taking out 2 venerable dreadnoughts with one blast . Other than that it is a one hit wonder...
    Anyhow, thanks for the imput.
    Cheers, oh, and check out my blog... link below, or here on the LO.
    Podcast and Blog
    Youtube Channel
    Twitt-errr... @ Skari2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

I like Neophytes too, gratz on the win btw. They're something Marines never had before, acceptable losses. Not half bad in combat either. I like the idea of Termies, if you don't play them in 1700 when will you? I've seen Termies in 1000 points. Keep on truckin and let's hope for a win on Sat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

Well, I am happy to report that I was awarded Best General. This list was a good one . I succeded in getting a Minor Loss, 2 massacres, and a Draw.

Cheers, thanks all for the support. I will be posting up a batrep on my blog.
    Podcast and Blog
    Youtube Channel
    Twitt-errr... @ Skari2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

*cheers and etc.*

+ Reply to Thread