1000pts IG w Daemonhunters-Help Please! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts IG w Daemonhunters-Help Please!

1000Pts IG w Daemonhunters

H.Q.
    Jr. Officer w carapace armor power weapon, and storm bolter + 4 standard guardsmen= 55pts
    Missile launcher.= 20pts
    Total= 75pts

Elites
    5 GK Terminators
    Total= 230pts
    Troops

Troop Command 1

Jr. Officer w bolt pistol + 4 standard guardsmen= 41pts
    Missile launcher= 15pts
    Total= 56pts

Squad 1A (7)
    -Veteran Sergeant= 6pts
    -Heavy Bolter= 10pts
    Total= 76pts

Squad 1B (7)
    -Veteran Sergeant= 6pts
    -Autocannon= 15pts
    Total= 81pts

Squad 1C (
    -Veteran sergeant= 6pts
    -Melta Weapon= 10pts
    Total= 76pts

Troop Command 2

Jr. Officer + 4 standard guardsmen= 40pts
    Missile launcher= 15pts
    Total= 56pts

Squad 2A (7)
    -Veteran Sergeant= 6pts
    -Heavy Bolter= 10pts
    Total= 76pts

Squad 2B (7)
    -Veteran Sergeant= 6pts
    -Autocannon= 15pts
    Total= 81pts

Heavy Support

Leman Russ
    -H bolter Sponsoons= 10pts
    -H bolter hull= 5pts
    Pintle Hvy Stubber= 12pts
    Total= 167pts

I am an IG player, but I want to add some melee/support units to my army. I don't have the Daemonhunters Codex, so please explain the point values to any suggested DH unit. I'm open to all suggestions, but please don't criticize me by saying that the army sucks, I'm open to only CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. There are 27pts left over, and I'll check for replys tommorrow.
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ:
    The storm bolter is a bit of a waste. You would be better with a bolt pistol to get the extra CC attack with the power weapon. I would also drop carapace armour. This guy is weak. There is almost no point in spending plenty of points to make him moderate. Considder a company standard bearer. To protect him from fire, replace the missile launcher with a mortar and put him behind some trees or a hill and let him give leadership bonuses to the peasants.

Terminators
    Smashing. Replace one of the terminators' kit with a thunder hammer & storm shield for the same points. This protects you against enemy dreadnoughts etc.
    Think how you will use the terminators. With a guard setup of a shooty firing line the grey knights should be used to counter attack as the enemy nears your lines so deploy them behind cover. A teleport attack may be OK but has risks. Don't just march forwards with this one squad unsupported. They will get cut down.
    If you prefer more firepower swap the termies for 8 power armoured grey knights but if you do this I suppose 20 sisters of battle would do even better. Stick with the terminators as their St6 power weapons make them really fun.

Platoon 1
    The veteran sergents can be dropped if you use the leadership of the junior officers or the company officer and standard bearer. Iron discipline is quite cheap and good for keeping the army together.

I would make all the 10 man squads armed with a missile launcher and either a plasma gun or grenade launcher. Las cannon are even better than missile launchers but cost more points. Upgrade if you can afford it. Put a heavy bolter or auto cannon in the platoon command.

Platoon 2
    Make it the same as platoon 1

Leman russ
    The battle cannon is king. Your heavy bolters are only there to give you something to shoot if you take a weapon destroyed hit. Drop the pintel stubber as you have to not fire the ordonance to use it. Smoke is useful if you take a stunned or shaken result to protect you in the next turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, but about the platoons, I just have the Vet. Sgts because I can overlap the leadership, since my platoon command always seems to get shot up:cry:. Also, mortars take away a lot of my tankbusting ability, which is the only reason I have the missle launcher in the first place. Other than that, I agree wholeheartedly.(Did I spell that right??)

Thanks

Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wholeheartedly.(Did I spell that right??)
    Yup.

I agree with Mad Cat about the command squad and that you need more anti-tank, maybe keep the missile launchers in the command squads and put another one into the regular squads and then fill out the rest with autocannons/heavy bolters depending on who your opponent is. I also agree with the need for plasma weapons in a few of your squads. Also, your GK termie squad is 15 pts under.
    1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unlike other armies the Grey Knights come with a standard sgt in their squads that we have to pay for. In the terminators it a a brother captain at xx points which wasnt calculated into your squad so I'm assuming you just paided for 5 regular ones. Other then that I love Grey Knight termies.

+ Reply to Thread