600 point 2nd Narooma Strike Team - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

600 point 2nd Narooma Strike Team

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice on fielding a 600 point force for a combat mission game with friends.

I haven't played much and not at all with my guard, but I'm keen to do so.

What I really want to play is a fast moving strike force including the models I like the look of. This includes Sentinals, Rough Riders and Kaskrin figures.

It's going to be a 'fun' afternoon and likely to be facing Eldar and Marines.

This is the starting force of a bigger one so all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

HQ - 81 pnts
    junior officer with Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Iron Discipline, and Honorifica Imperialis
    Plus four guard inc Medic

TROOPS

Squad Alpha - 80 pnts
    10 guard
    w/ Rocket Launcher team, and Plasma Gun

Squad Extremis - 176
    10 guard w Vet Seargent, Plasma Gun, Rocket Launcher Team
    w Chimera inc hull bolter & multi-laster

ELITE

The Infiltrators - 114 Points
    8 stormtroopers w Vet Sarg, w Deep Strike, Melta & Plasma guns

FAST ATTACK

Lightning Strike Alpha - 50 Points
    Cadian pattern Sentinel w Autocannon

Lighting Strike Beta - 50 Points

The Cavaliers - 94 points
    8 Rough Riders w Vet Sargeant & Hunting Lances

So there you have it. 31 Figures plus 3 vehicles and right on the money of 600 points.

My main concern is if I need another command squad but as I read it in combat missions you don't need that.

Thanks in advance.

Gold94

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

First off this list is illegal i shall explain below.

HQ:
    1) id get a couple more plasma in there and then something to get them on the move like a chimera or just stick them with a mortar instead of the plasma pistol drop the medic and go for ld.

Troops:
    1) this whole section is illegal. You dont have a platoon you cannot buy guard squads as you would a marine squad. This is clearly explained in the codex however any confusion can be cleared up by reading the article on imperial guard organisation. I shall say no more on them until they have been made legal.

Elites:
    1) stormies arent the best deepstrike unit, they work better in a chimera driving towards the enemy. They cna be dropped in but vets are much better so no-one really uses that option.
    2) you dont say how many special weapons though it looks like there is going to be more than two which is illegal, it may just be the way you have worded it. Also do not mix the weapons, plasma and melta fulfill subtly different roles either take meltas or plasma

Fast Attack
    1) sentinels seem ok, personally i dont like autocannons on sentinels but that is personal preference.
    2) rough riders seem fine although the vet sarge isnt essential although he is useful.

The troops section of this army is completely wrong, the easiest way to make it legal is to drop the chimera and get a platoon command squad then another troops choice which would be either an AF squad a conscript platoon or well you have the codex so i wont patronise you. basically you need two troops choices the first of which has to be a platoon of at least 25 men split into a command of 5 and two squads of ten. Then you can get the second troops choice.
    The troops section changing will completely change the emphasis of the army and the amount of points you are spending.

Although i will say if you take the grenadiers doctrine and get two squads of grenadiers then you can do the two squads thing. but thats using doctrines which you havnt used. Anyway find the article on guard organisation, read it, edit your army list, then repost and il have another look for you, other than the troops section it isnt a bad list.

hope that helps

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about the part in the rule book where it says that you can ignore the restriction on having to have an infantry platoon in order to purchase an armored fist squad.

its in the combat patrol section.

maybe it lets you break up the ig structure a little more. I dont quite remember.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Thats correct JonU, combat patrol games would allow you to bypass the required infantry platoon per armoured fist squad; however that first squad would have to have a chimera then or else Commisarlestat is still right and the list is illegal.

Other than the first squad needing a chimera, the list looks pretty good Gold94. With the low BS of those sentinals the autocannons are pretty good choices, especially since they can punch through any armour you'd be facing at six hundred points barring heavy tanks. Then those roughriders will make for good countercharge units and that chimera squad will make for a great decoy/hard to kill unit what with the vehicle.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

i forgot about the combat patrol rules lol. They are for 400 pts and he didnt say he was using them so i assumed he was using normal listings. Even so as Darkreever pointed out the first squad is illegal whether its combat patrol or not!

I forgot how good autocannons became in low points! still as its 600 not combat patrol id still say multilasers personally but i agree the lower the points the better the autocannon is!

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks and revision

Hi all,

Thanks for the reviews.

First off, we are planning to use the combat patrol rules but in any case I did stuff up with the troop choice.

Second, I'm pretty sure that its' going to be Eldar with lots of Walkers and Scorpions I'll be facing. Let me know if the mix is right as I'm relatively new to the game.

So here is the revised list, let me know what you think.

HQ - 86 pnts
    Junior officer with Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Iron Discipline, and Honorifica Imperialis
    Plus four guard inc 1 Medic, and 1 Std Bearer - just so I can use the figure

TROOPS - now meeting requirments

Squad Alpha - 80 pnts
    10 guard
    w/ Rocket Launcher team, and Plasma Gun

Squad Beta - 80 pnts
    10 guard w Vet Seargent, Plasma Gun, Rocket Launcher Team

ELITE

The Infiltrators - 114 Points
    9 stormtroopers including Vet Sarg, and 1 w Plasma gun
    w Chimera inc hull bolter & multi-laster

FAST ATTACK

Lightning Strike Alpha - 50 Points

Lighting Strike Beta - 50 Points

The Cavaliers - 94 points
    8 Rough Riders w Vet Sargeant & Hunting Lances

Now 32 Figures and 3 vehicles, and meeting the requirements of the Troop choice. It's a couple of points over the 600 but it won't be an issue and if it is, the Standard will be dropped for a regular Guard.

Please remember that I'm using figures that I like the look of and that I want to be very un-guard like and get into action quick and nasty.

Let me know what you think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops

Oopps

The Infiltrators squad now comes to 191 points with the extra man and Chimera!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

The troops are still illegal.

You have a command squad for them so the list can be legal but you need to do the following.
    Place the command squad into the platoon to make the troops a legal choice. The platoon command isnt an HQ choice.

When you do this the banner will become illegal aswell
    Also try and find a second plasma for the stormies. They can take two and when at full strength should do.

As far as against those walkers etc goes, id drop the missiles and get heavy bolters these can take down those troops easily with their AP. The sentinels should chnage to multilasers if you are going up against eldar light vehicles, multilasers are cheaper pack the extra punch needed and get an extra shot. It is personal opinion though and i dont have much anti eldar experience from the new codex, i just find it better to have the extra shot than the extra AP.
    Your sentinels will die very quick if hes taking walkers aswell so be very careful.
    take doctrines and get close order drill it may not help a lot but its free so may come in handy.
    Dont take on the aspect warriors in comabt they are designed for it so try to get out of their way and shoot them to death.
    Other than that i think you should be fine.

Hope that helps

A

+ Reply to Thread