1850 Dark Angels Friendly All Comers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

1850 Dark Angels Friendly All Comers

HQ
    Adrian MalSeraph (Company Master)
    Power Sword; Storm Bolter; Bolt Pistol
    Frags, Kraks; Iron Halo
    120pts

ELITES

Deathwing Terminator Squad
    Assault Cannon; Powerfist
    3x Storm Bolter; Powerfist
    1x Storm Bolter; Power Sword
    245pts

Dreadnought
    Venerable
    Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon; Assault Cannon
    145pts

Dreadnought
    Twin-Linked Autocannon; Missile Launcher
    Extra Armour
    150pts

TROOPS

Tactical Squad
    Powerfist; Bolt Pistol
    4x Bolters
    5 Additional Marines
    1x Plasmagun
    4x Bolters
    Frags; Kraks; Bolt Pistols
    205pts

Tactical Squad
    Powerfist; Bolt Pistol
    4x Bolters
    5 Additional Marines
    1x Meltagun
    4x Bolters
    200pts

Tactical Squad
    Powerfist; Bolt Pistol
    4x Bolters
    5 Additional Marines
    1x Meltagun
    4x Bolters
    200pts

FAST ATTACK

Ravenwing Support Squadron
    Landspeeder
    Multi-Melta
    65pts

Ravenwing Support Squadron
    Landspeeder Tornado
    Heavy Bolter; Assault Cannon
    100pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

Devastator Squad
    2x Missile Launchers
    3x Bolters
    5 Additional Marines
    2x Lascannon
    3x Bolters
    275pts

Devastator Squad
    4x Heavy Bolter
    1x Bolter
    150pts

Thoughts:

The larger devastator squad can be almost considered a glorified Long Fangs squad. With the combat squads rule, I split them up, so I can take two different targets.

The tactical squads will split into combat squads, however, will operate very close to each other, almost looking as one unit. The real surprise comes out when I use the plasma gun in one squad to rapid fire a unit, then charge it with the Sergeant squad. The melta squads may operate directly together, depending on game situations.

The company master leads the charge, and helps provide Ld for the Devastators

The T-L autocannon went with the missile launcher, as the range matches nicely. This'll be a long range hunter

The Assault Cannon Dreadnought supports the initial assault, providing extra oomph where needed.

The terminators strike the weak point of the army, starting a downhill decline for the enemy.

The speeders provide support, as the name suggests. The Devs also provide anti-infantry support.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Good list. good ideas. I like it

your army seems to focus more on firepower than assault though so be careful when facing assaulty armies.

i play DA to and have recently moved to a even mix style. i reccomend actaully losing the two land speeders and replacing witha ravenwing bike squad.. you cna get 3 bikes a power weapon and 2 melta guns in then and the teleport homers canget your termies in up close turn 1 where you wnat them accurately. then the bikes can flank or harrasses units or engage heavy weapons teams. their high toughness and skill should keep them alive and killing for a bit

Dev squads.. Good. both good both functional and the combat squad rule being usesd fully...which i like to see

Your idea for the plasma gun squad is an excellent example of how to use this versatile rule. i will have to try this idea myself soon

a slightly nasty but effective trick is to keep the company master behind one of the squads then charge him.. he should arrive with no wounds on him and be able to lend his leadership bonus at all times then.

i'm not a fan of melta guns... the short range single shot always seems to be... poor to me but each to their own.

for the dread take the extra armour OFF the ranged dread and put it on the assault dread.. if the ranged one can't shoot but move...waste..if the CC one can't move..>TERRIBLE waste.. even with venerable keep the extra armour on the CC dread. it'll need it more. if the ranged dread gets stunned etc pop smoke and wait. then reengage.

otherwise good choices for dread...auto cannons are greatly under appreciated. twin linked is even better

terminators... what needs to be said. good solid reliable unit. tried and tested and in a versatile format. i personally prefer to deepstrike them onto the ravenwing bikers though. or to start with them on the table...don't risk deep striking blind imo.

one thing i'm NOT sure about though is wether you can have a storm bolter on your company master and still keep the bolt pistol.. thing the wargear says replace with... and is the weapon allowance not only 2 weapons on any single model? i might be wrong don't quote me, i don't have the codex o me atm.

Over all a very good list, designed for medium ranged firefights with heavy support. i like

I got lost on the road of life

+ Reply to Thread