1500pt League list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

1500pt League list

OK Lads, I have an upcoming League, where I am plating against 'Nids, Sisters, Space Marines and Dark Eldar. This list hinges on two Basilisks, which I usually set up in opposite corners of the 4' x 6' boards we play on. If I can't get good enough cover, I park a Russ in front of one, and a Chimera in front of another. The idea is that they have to come out to kill my Basilisks which draws them into my fire zones, as I generally make two bases in the opposity corners. It isn't a very mobile list, but it usually kills the enemy!

Doctrines: Grenadiers, Veterans, Iron Discipline, Close Order Drill and Sharpshooters.

HQ: Command Squad: JO + Iron Discipline, Cameolelene, Mortar and Veteran with Standard. 80pts

Lascannon AT Squad with Sharpshooters and Cameolelene. 130pts

Elites: 3 x Veterans squads. 10 troops, each with Cameolelene, Lascannon and 2 Plasma Guns. 405pts.

Troops: Grenadier Squad. 10 troops with 2 Plasma Guns. Chimera with EA, Smoke and Heavy Stubber. 225pts (Chimera guards Basilisk if need be)

2 x Grenadier Squads. Each with 10 troops and two Plasma Guns. 240pts (Support Basilisks)

Heavy Support: Leman Russ with triple heavy bolter combo, EA and Smoke. 163pts

2 x Basilisks with Indirect fire. 250pts

What do you think?

"A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Hmmmm, I'm not sure about that Russ. Just taking one is making it a target basically and will cop all the heavy AT fire. I think I'd grab another cheaper Chimera to use as a shield for the Basilisk.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I know Close Order Drill is a free Skill, but which of your units did you plan to use it with?
    You could get like Drop Troops or something instead, that you at least have the possibility to use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id drop the cameoline cloaks, and the Mortar in the command squad and maybe replace it with some meltas or flamers? I find Mortars work best in groups soooo maybe a mortar support squad? And the Cameoline cloaks are a waste of points in my opinon. I ran em for a while but in the long run I dont miss them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont you still have to use doc. points to be able to use stormies as 'naders and cameleoline as spec. equ.?
    Beer, Pipes, and Guns... Dwarves had the right idea.

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Grungni View Post
    dont you still have to use doc. points to be able to use stormies as 'naders and cameleoline as spec. equ.?
    No you don't need restricted troops stormies to use Grenediers and I believe that the COD is simply a typo and is supposed to be Cameoline. He can't use COD after all.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh ok thanks, ive been wasting a doc point then hahaha.
    Beer, Pipes, and Guns... Dwarves had the right idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first problem with the list is the Doctrines, you have listed:

Grenadiers, Close Order Drill, Iron Discipline, Sharpshooters, Veterans

In the army list you are using Cameleoline which requires a doctrine point. I would advise dropping Close Order Drill for Cameleoline or dropping Cameleoline completely.

Second, I have calculated your army at 1504 points. I'm assuming that your friends don't mind the extra 4 points. You can save 58 points by replacing the Leman Russ with another Duplicated Chimera. After Calculating for the 4 points you are over, you are left with 54 points to spare.

Purchase an Honorifica Imperialis for your JO, this helps with the armies leadership and general hardiness of the officer. You are then left with 29 points. Purchase an additional plasma gun for each of the Vet. Squads taking you to 1501 points. If your friends didn't mind the 4 points over they should be happy with the 1 over.

Nice List.
    Last edited by Fenix1776; May 12th, 2007 at 23:17.
    What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight?

Twin-Linked

+ Reply to Thread