1750 GKT List Suggestions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 GKT List Suggestions

Hello everyone, hope you all had a good weekend. Well this past Sat's tourny was ok for me, drew one, won one by forfeit and lost the last one. I'm not gonna get into what my list was for it, so let's get to what this post is all about.

I've seen it around on a couple of forums and I say I find it interesting. I've been playing around on AB3 trying out different ideas and I'd like to see what my fellow Daemonhunters out there have to input. Now I have only so many models at the moment (yes I know I have more than what most people have, but that is beside the point ) so I may have alittle fexibility if anyone has any other ideas to add to my list.

To explain some of my wargear choices, I was just trying to fill out my points. So here it is everyone, tear it apart as nessessary, but let's have fun:

HQ

GM-Psycannon, Icon of the Just, MCNFW, Sacred Incense
    Retinue-GKT X4 Psycannon, TH-SS X2, Holocaust

BC Stern
    Retinue-GKT X4 Holocaust

Elite

GKT X9 Psycannon
    BC-Psycannon

Troops

IST X5-Meltagun X1

IST X5-Meltagun X1

Heavy Support

GK Dread-TLLC, ML, ExA, Blessed

GK Dread-TLLC, DCCW, ExA, Blessed

Now as it stands now, this list comes out to 1749. Now I like the idea of fielding 2 NFW, 'cause that could get real ugly . Also at my store we have quite a few chaos players of all colors, so blessed can come in handy for that armor 13 dread or defiler:w00t:. Now if I use this list as is or in a variation that someone may come up with that is better, I wonder if the Termies should DS or walk. I really never had that good of luck DSing but you never know. So let's have fun and see what we come up with.

"I am the Hammer"

"I am the tip of the spear"

"I am the gauntlet about His fist"

"I am His wrath!"

"I am am the bane of all deamonkind!!"

Any questions?

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...edi/MyArmy.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

You really need more models in this list, If you deepstrike your Gks, your stormies and dreads will all die by turn three, if you walk your GKs you will get shot to pieces and against a good opponent you will never make it into close combat. Onto the next point, anything with rending or heavy weapons will decimate you, and anything with high numbers will not fall fast enough. If you bump into Furrious Assault Khorne marines you wont even get to fight back, and will lose every one in any squad, except maybe (and I do mean maybe) the squad of 10. Can you imagine fighting Orks with this list? It just seems so unbalanced and with 30 models in 1750 points I don't think you are going to be able to stand up to anything.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Wow. I just don't like lists with so few troops. Why so many GKTs but no PAGKs at all? GKTs really should just be treated like PAGKs of differing ability. Too many points invested into them, and you really do sacrifice power for shiny bits. Dangerous in an army as understaffed and underserved as the DH!

However, if you're so set on taking so many GKTs, I would at least split your Elite squad up into two 5-model squads. More utility that way.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know there are too few models, I mean how many models do the Deathwing get? That is the what I was going for in this list, a Knightwing army list. We have a guy at our store that plays them and he says his termies are better and I'd like to prove him wrong. Splitting them up makes sense, an extra BC. Gotta get, dinners ready ad if I don't go now the Missus will kill me. Be back later to discuss this more. Thanks for the imput so far.
    "I am the Hammer"

"I am the tip of the spear"

"I am the gauntlet about His fist"

"I am His wrath!"

"I am am the bane of all deamonkind!!"

Any questions?

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...edi/MyArmy.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Even though I'm still a noob, there's a lot of things that I have noticed about DH thanks to cls30003000 and Number 6. Here's some things that I would do with your list.

First of all, you already have 10 Terminators (technically) on the list in your HQ. If you drop your elite squad of them, you can get two groups of vanilla PAGK; one of 9 and one of 8.

Stern is ok I guess if you're playing a lot of chaos players. But if it were me, I would probably end up dropping him and his retinue for a regular Elite GKT squad with a Bro-Captain. At the same size (and effectiveness IMO), It sure is a lot cheaper. You could also pick up an Inquisitor Lord (or regular Inquisitor) with the points saved here, or you could increase your IST unit sizes (let's face it, with only 5 of them the meltagun won't ever get close enough to do any damage).

By adding this many more models, you can comfortably Deep Strike your Terminators into battle without letting the entire rest of the army die.

-Spaar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might want to also (given the advice from above) throw the IST in a chimera or rhino so they will get into the action before they are decimated foot slogging :cry:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

1750 pts is an awsome points value to play at because you can build a very effective list and include a lot of shiney bits with only a few compramises.

Now, the list that you have posted is all shiney bits and will not be very effective at all. Your opponent, however, will have a list that will deal to this one quite easily. It could easily be beaten by a list with a 500pt handycap.

The only reason this army would see battle, is if an Inquisitor really really didnt like them and decided to drop them into a sacrificial battle.

If it is a terminator heavy list that you want to run, then drop the Dreads and the melta guns on the ISTs. Drop holocaust on all squads and deep strike them all.
    It wont be pretty, but its better than what you have.
    Last edited by Plasma Catcher; April 17th, 2007 at 12:58.
    It's worth a krak!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by GIJedi View Post
    I know there are too few models, I mean how many models do the Deathwing get? That is the what I was going for in this list, a Knightwing army list. We have a guy at our store that plays them and he says his termies are better and I'd like to prove him wrong. Splitting them up makes sense, an extra BC. Gotta get, dinners ready ad if I don't go now the Missus will kill me. Be back later to discuss this more. Thanks for the imput so far.
    Knightwing, eh? I hate to say this, but the Deathwing will kick your butt. They're built for that kind of thing, we aren't.

However, if you're insistent, then you can't afford throwaway units like your ISTs, either. They are costing you points, make sure they're worth it! Here's what I'd do at 1750 pts:

HQ
    [374 pts] GM, psycannon; 4 GTK retinue

Elite
    [270 pts] 5 GKTs, psycannon

Troop
    [158 pts] 6 ISTS, vet sgt w/TP homer; Rhino, extra armour, smoke
    [158 pts] 6 ISTS, vet sgt w/TP homer; Rhino, extra armour, smoke

Heavy
    [145 pts] Dreadnought, TLLC/ML, extra armour
    [118 pts] Dreadnought, AC/DCCW, extra armour, smoke

Total: 1748 pts
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x3)

If you are looking to play a terminator heavy list you are going to be a body disadvantage. That isn't doesn't make your list worthless, but adding the dreds instead of warm bodies does further handycap yourself. If you drop both dreads and holocost from your termies you could add two full (or even 8 man) IST squads with melta guns in rhinos, then cut a few terminators for two more rhinos and bump up the old IST squads to atleast 6 man (though I like and give them a rhino and another meltagun. This is should be enough to take down any vehicles, and gives your list way more bodies and units that can be scoring units at the end of the game (I have never finished the game with a scoring unit dreadnought). My next change would be to drop stern and pick up an elite squad for him, and then get telehomers for the IST squads (atleast two of them)

Final list would look something like this.

HQ
    GM with MCNFW, psycannon, 5 terminators, psycannon--450 or so

Elite

2x BC with NFW+chainfist, 5 terminators, psycannon--376

Troops

2x 10 ISTs, 2 meltaguns, rhino w/ armor&smoke--178

2x10 ISTs, vet w/telehomer, 2 meltas, rhino w/ armor&smoke--198

I don't have my claculator or my codex, so everything is from memory and rounded. but that looks like about 1900 points, so if you cut out 8 stormies (down to 8 man squads)and a psycannon you should be pretty close to where you want to be.

The stratagy is pretty self explanatory--first figure out if you can use telehomers from invehicles (rule varies depending on opponent), second roll up and drop off if you can't, otherwise roll up and sit tight, smoke all around, then roll up and start melting vehicles. when the terminators come there is not much that can stand up to there assaults; except armies that die to hellgun shooting; which is another reason to drop the dreads for ISTs.

I hope you try it and have success with your termies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x3)

If you are looking to play a terminator heavy list you are going to be a body disadvantage. That isn't doesn't make your list worthless, but adding the dreds instead of warm bodies does further handycap yourself. If you drop both dreads and holocost from your termies you could add two full (or even 8 man) IST squads with melta guns in rhinos, then cut a few terminators for two more rhinos and bump up the old IST squads to atleast 6 man (though I like and give them a rhino and another meltagun. This is should be enough to take down any vehicles, and gives your list way more bodies and units that can be scoring units at the end of the game (I have never finished the game with a scoring unit dreadnought). My next change would be to drop stern and pick up an elite squad for him, and then get telehomers for the IST squads (atleast two of them)

Final list would look something like this.

HQ
    GM with MCNFW, psycannon, 5 terminators, psycannon--450 or so

Elite

2x BC with NFW+chainfist, 5 terminators, psycannon--376

Troops

2x 10 ISTs, 2 meltaguns, rhino w/ armor&smoke--178

2x10 ISTs, vet w/telehomer, 2 meltas, rhino w/ armor&smoke--198

I don't have my claculator or my codex, so everything is from memory and rounded. but that looks like about 1900 points, so if you cut out 8 stormies (down to 8 man squads)and a psycannon you should be pretty close to where you want to be.

The stratagy is pretty self explanatory--first figure out if you can use telehomers from invehicles (rule varies depending on opponent), second roll up and drop off if you can't, otherwise roll up and sit tight, smoke all around, then roll up and start melting vehicles. when the terminators come there is not much that can stand up to there assaults; except armies that die to hellgun shooting; which is another reason to drop the dreads for ISTs.

I hope you try it and have success with your termies.

+ Reply to Thread