Librarium Online Forums banner

1750 - See, But don't be seen - friendly

351 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  simonilicious 
#1 ·
this is the stem of my force, and i havent really had any luck against my usual adversary, this slaaneshi list:
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93081

Niger Pugnus (The Black Fist) - 1750p - Minor Divergence

TRAITS
+ See, But Don't Be Seen
- Death Before Dishonour

HQ
Master - 114p
Power Weapon
Storm Bolter
Infilitrate
Terminator Honours
Frag Grenades

9 Man Command Squad - 201p
BP&CCW
Frag Grenades
Infilitrate
V.Sergeant; Power Fist

ELITES
Dreadnought - 153p
CCW
Heavy Flamer
Assault Cannon
Smoke Launchers
Extra Armour
Drop Pod

Dreadnought - 140p
Missile Launcher
Lascannon
Extra Armour

TROOPS
8 man Scout Squad - 127p
BP&CCW
Frag Grenades
2xSniper
Heavy Bolter

10 man Tactical Squad - 180p
V.Sergeant
Power Fist

10 man Tactical Squad - 180p
V.Sergeant
Power Fist

5 man Tactical Squad - 90p
Lascannon

FAST ATTACK
Land Speeder - 65p
Multi-Melta

HEAVY SUPPORT
8 man Devastator Squad - 224p
4xMissile Launcher
Infilitrate

Model Count: 55
Total Points: 1474

obviously im missing around 280pts in this list, but i usually throw in a chaplain with termhons in the command squad, and a whirlwind.

The models I have that are not on the list include the chaplain, 4 bikes, 1 Attack Bike, 2 rhinos, the whirlwind, and a vindicator (vindicator and whirlwind are add-on's to the rhinos)
i'd like to know any comments on this list, should i throw it away and start over, or is there anything im missing that will be really helpful against slaanesh?

the smallest comment is very welcome :>

See less See more
#2 ·
ok, i can see a couple problems with this list.

HQ: For your captain, you may want to consider trading his storm bolter for a bolt pistol. this way, he gets more attacks in close combat with that power weapon. for the command squad, you may want to consider giving them either two meltaguns or two flamers. i would go with the meltaguns because it can kill big things and is ap1 as opposed to the flamer. being assault weapons, you can move, shoot, and charge w/ them.

Elites: The two dreads look great. make sure you dont forget to use the smoke on the first one.

Troops: what point does the 8 man scout squad serve? they seem to be somewhat close combat oriented as 5 of them have bolt pistol and ccw, but then again, there are 3 heavy weapons in the squad. if you want the scouts to be shooty, give them either all bolters or sniper rifles if you have the points. if you're going for the close combat package, all bolt pistols and ccw and get a vet sergeant w/ a power fist. the two 10-man tac squads are somewhat problematic as they have to slog in order to use the power fist. slogging makes them very vulnerable to fire. either pod them, put them in a rhino, or infiltrate them. the last tac squad makes the most sense of the troop choices. a lascannon with 5 bodies is great for a small anti-tank squad.

Fast Attack: My only gripe about the multi-melta is the fact that it has 24" range. for 15 more points, you may want to consider a heavy bolter/assault cannon land speeder tornado. from an economical viewpoint, thats probably the best thing you can take for fast attack to kill marines.

Heavy Support: I love this squad. this is a must for anti-marine army. i like the missile launchers better than the lascannon when facing daemons without any armor saves. as for the whirlwind, i would scrap it. the problem with the whirlwind against marines is it isn't effective. them getting saves is the primary problem. go for a demolisher to ensure they dont.

After analyizing your friends list, you may want to consider this. His HQ is a major point drain. maybe you should switch the devs to lascannons and use them to kill the terminator hq. you're forcing them to use the 5+ and if his termie lord fails a save, it gets ik'd. you can use the infiltrating command squad to kill the lieutenant w/ meltaguns if you choose to take them. if he relies on his 2 noise marines to summon the daemonettes, have your demolisher take care of them. i wouldn't recomend running a chaplain and a command squad in addition to the list. those daemonettes are dangerous. make sure they either dont summon, or kill them fast. if you rhino the power fist tac squads, remember the smokes.

#3 ·
Great advice, thanks a lot.

I played a game yesterday where I used some of the changes you suggested, the melta in the command squad was gold aswell as the extra attack for the captain. (pretty stupid to throw a SB on him in the first place.) Im playing with the idea of exchanging the captain for a librarian with MoH and VoT, the unit will cost a little under 400 but it would be the hard-hitting CC-unit of the army.

About the scout squad, I know theyre un-optimized for one combat role :> but these guys usually get the job done. They sit tight and annoy things and usually attract more attention than theyre worth. And when they get in CC they can usually take care of themselves. I'm deciding on removing the Frags from these though.

I've also decided to basically throw away ONE of the tacticals with PF and get an 8man with plasma gun instead, but I'm keeping the other one that has worked pretty good as a hold-up unit (it's been able to take down lords and defilers and whatnot) and throwing a flamer in it. I hope that in conjunction with the plasma squad for these two units to work better.

About the Land-Speeder, it has never performed and it always gets shot out of the sky.
It attracts attention though, but I'm considering removing it from the list completely because it never does any harm. I'd love to equip it with AC, but sadly, I got it years ago from a friend of mine, I'm not even sure the Tornado boxes were out back then, but it didnt come with an assault cannon. :<

With the alterations made in the list, it comes in at 1499 points. That gets me 250p to spend on goodies but I'm not sure what to use them for... If anyone has any suggestions that would complement this list well, I'd love to hear them. I'm considering an 8-man infiltrating 4xHB unit, a 5man termi unit with AC, a 10man CC-scout squad, amongst other things, maybe even a Land Raider for a fire magnet?

Thanks for the comments so far blade, really helped me out here, rep for you ;>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.