[1000] Fluffy List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000] Fluffy List

This army is mostly a fluffy one. I haven't included loads of plasma 'cause I don't see Guard really getting Plasma weapons en mass. That will probably come later in the form of a Ranger squad. The one thing I'm definitely not willing to change is my commander. All his gear is fluff related. Normally I wouldn't drop 20 points on a weapon for a guardsman, nor would I tend to take a trademark item, but the fluff of this army will coincide with the fluff for my space marine army.

Anyway, tell me what you think...

16th Eglendole Regiment - 2nd Company "Holdsman's Vanguard"

The 16th Eglendole has the distinction of being one of the longest active regiments raised from the civilized system of Eglendole. Eglendole is a rare system containing a staggering three inhabitable planets and is a central hub in the Far Galactic North. It is a dark time for the Eglendole system. The Imperial Black Swords Space Marine Chapter, who are based out of Eglendole, were massacred almost to a man when the Waaagghh Rorkash tore across the system. The Imperial Black Swords valiantly defended Eglendole III, the principle planet, while the 16th could be redeployed from a Orkish feint at Eglendole VI, a Mechanicus Factory World. Arriving too late to save the majority of the Space Marines, the 16th renewed the defense of the capital city of Reidsdawn. Reinforcing the surviving Marines, the 16th helped turn the tide of the battle.

The climax came during the breach of the Southern Wall, the site of the feircest fighting. An Ork Gargant used its stupendous weaponry to tear a sizable breach in the southern wall before the Imperial Black Swords' Battle Barge in orbit could turn the gargant into scrap. The damage done, Orks poured through the hole in the massive fortress and was met with grim determination by the remainder of the Imperial Black Swords and the 2nd Company of the 16th regiment. Acting commander, Lieutenant Jacob Holdsman organized his forces under the direction of Captain Octavius of the Imperial Black Swords. Holdsman's men, grim and determined held the Orks at bay, killing five for every loss. Their lasguns rung hoarse and a lack of ammunition became a deadly foe. However, before the Black Swords made their final charge, Lientenant Holdsman ordered a last ditch barrage from the remaining heavy weapons at his disposal. Scoring the earth with Lascannon fire and polluting the air with autocannon shells. When the smoke cleared not a single round of heavy bolter shells or missile rounds remained. He ordered every Guardsman forward in the name of the Emperor. The beleaguered Guradsmen formed disciplined ranks and advanced with bayonets alongside their towering Space Marine allies.

The fighting was bloody and without their heavy weapons the losses were substantial. However, the Orks fighting spirit was shattered under the pressing guardsmen and Space Marines. Captain Octavius engaged the Ork Warboss in single combat and the fighting awed both sides. However, when the fight ended, Captain Octavius lay with the final liturgy on his lips as the Warboss prepared to make his final strike. It was then that Lieutenant Holdsman broke from the main fighting and recovered Captain Octavius's powersword. With a powerful cry, he charged and slew the tired Ork Warboss, the same moment its Power Klaw descended to kill the Space Marine Captain.

With their Warboss dead, the Orks began their retreat and days later the Orks had been repelled. Holdsman was promoted to Captain after the battle and was given command of the 2nd Company. The Guard Captain still retains the space marine captain's black sword and it has become a symbol of the Captain's resolve and piety.

Traits-
    1) Death Before Dishonor (Iron Discipline)
    2) Stand As One (Close Order Drill)
    3) Experienced Campaigners (Sharpshooters)
    4) Halt the Green Tide (Xeno Fighters: Orks)
    5) Eglendole Rangers (Stormtroopers)

HQ - Command Platoon (Gold) 121
    + Command Squad (Solid)
    - Captain Jacob Holdsman
    = Bolt Pistol and Master Crafted Power Weapon
    = Trademark Item (Imperial Black Sword)
    = Iron Discipline
    - Autocannon Team
    - 2 Guardsman w/ Lasgun
    + Anti-Tank Squad (Red) 120
    - 3 Lascannon Teams
    - Sharpshooters

Troops - Infantry Platoon (Red)
    + Command Squad (Gold) 60
    - Junior Officer w/Laspistol and Close Combat Weapon
    = Iron Discipline
    - Autocannon
    - 2 Guardsmen w/ Lasguns
    + Infantry Squad (Solid) 83
    - Sergeant w/ Lasgun
    - 6 Guardsmen w/ Lasguns
    - 1 Guardsman w/ Grenade Launcher
    - Missile Launcher Team
    + Infantry Squad (Green) 83
    - Sergeant w/ Lasgun
    - 6 Guardsmen w/ Lasguns
    - Missile Launcher Team

Troops - Infantry Platoon (Green)
    + Command Squad (Gold) 60
    - Junior Officer w/Laspistol and Close Combat Weapon
    = Iron Discipline
    - Autocannon
    - 2 Guardsmen w/ Lasguns+
    + Infantry Squad (Red) 78
    - Sergeant w/ Lasgun
    - 6 Guardsmen w/ Lasguns
    - Heavy Bolter Team
    + Infantry Squad (Solid) 78
    - Sergeant w/ Lasgun
    - 6 Guardsmen w/ Lasguns
    - Heavy Bolter Team

Heavy Support - Leman Russ Battle Tank 158
    + Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter
    + Sponson Mounted Heavy Bolter
    + Smoke Launchers

Heavy Support - Leman Russ Battle Tank 158
    + Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter
    + Sponson Mounted Heavy Bolter
    + Smoke Launchers

Last edited by GunTAG; April 20th, 2007 at 16:03.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by GunTAG View Post
    This army is mostly a fluffy one.

Anyway, tell me what you think...
    I seriously like this list, I love the fluff and the way you've worked the theme into the choices.

I also like the weapon fits, you seem to have a good mix and two Russes in a 1,000pts is a nice touch.

I'm not a fan of plasma guns being distributed like candy myself :yes:

Yup, seriously like this list - be interested to see how you plan to expand it

Cheers
    Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the kingdom of idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

The only thing i could see in the list that could possibly be changed is the smoke on the russ, the only reason to swap it out would be for surveyors on officers whcih are equally useless lol.

I love the list and while i always suggest plasma to other players i only have about 9 in 9000 points of guard! are you going to paint their armour to match the marines armour?

Just a thought why not use the odd extra bolter or bolt pistol as the regiment has a close link to marines they could possibly have more access to them?

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a bad idea. I could drop the smoke and delegate out a couple of bolt pistols to my Lieutenants. I will probably have a spare or two from my marine sprues anyway.

As for expanding the army, I plan to put in a heavy bolter squad and a squad of Rangers (Stormtroopers) w/ two plasma guns and a Honorifica Imperialis sergeant w/ power weapon. Drop them next to some nasties (Terminators would be great!) and rapid fire in. Then if they get charged, he'll go to town and actually get to fight with an Initiative of 4. If he drops a single Terminator, he's paid for his own points.

Not sure how many points will be left after that. If I have points to add another couple of line squads, I'll do that.

Though, for the time being, I want to get this army together (Two Battle Forces, an Infantry Box and creative use of the heavy weapons sprues along with bits from a Space Marine sprue or two) and start playing some games. Now if I can only get the other gamers around town to start bringing their 40k stuff.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

one thing with the rangers perhaps vets would be better?
    They could take three special weapons and still have the power sword, you could drop the stormie doctine and go for drop troops for them so they could still do the tactics. they could be better explained as vets from the original 2nd company who stuck around to help the officer sort of his mates/ old platoon? its better tactically could lead to more interesting conversions and in combat you could buy the vet sarge carapace so he is still the same!
    Plus the other vets can then have shotguns!

hope that helps

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrrmmm... That's a consideration. The tradeoffs I'd have to consider...

Veterans vs. Stormtroopers
    - -1 Armor Save (Ouch! In close combat, that could hurt)
    - No free grenades
    - Lasguns < Hellguns
    - Doctrine needed for Deep strike
    - Doctrine needed for more than one
    + Extra Special Weapon
    + Slightly cheaper
    + Can get Laspistols and CCWs
    + Hidden Powerfist?

Though, they'd be the same price if I gave them Frags AND Kraks...

Stormtroopers vs. Veterans
    - Less Special Weapons
    - Slightly more expensive
    + Only one Doctrine Needed
    + Better Survivability
    + Hellguns rip up light infantry
    + Karsk models rock!

It'd be a tough call, but I think I'd rather keep my one Vet Squad (disallowing Doctrines) to be the "beefy" line squad later. A BS4 Lascannon is rockin'. Plus, the extra armor save and not having to spend a doctrine to Deep Strike are considerable advantages. The armor save especially, as it means that in close combat against any one who doesn't have a powerweapon, they're making 50% more saves on average. Gives my souped up Sergeant more time to cut people down with that sword of his.

Plus, the Karskin models just rock so uncontrolably.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

fair enough, but just to add another spanner to the works, you can give the vet sarge carapace making him the same in combat, they dont have to pay anything for their deepstrike, when does anyone ever use krak grenades? and they are armed with plasma so they will be being assaulted not assaulting (unless you want to sacrifice the plasma shots) so frags arent that important. you have the option to infiltarte for free without any doctrines needed.

I see the main reason aginst now you mention the beefy line squad id stick with the stormies in that case.

A

+ Reply to Thread