1500 Witch Hunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Witch Hunters

Hq-

Cannoness - 120
    Cloak of St. Aspira,Jump Pack, Blessed Weapon, Litanies of faith.

Elites-

Eversor Assasin - 95

5 Celestan Squad - 65

Troops -

10 Battle Sisters - 130
    Two meltaguns

10 Battle Sisters - 130
    Two meltaguns

10 Battle Sisters - 130
    Two meltaguns

10 Battle Sisters - 130
    Two meltaguns

10 Battle Sisters - 130
    Two meltaguns

10 Battle Sisters - 130
    Two meltaguns

Fast Attack -

5 Sister Dominion Squad - 190
    4 meltaguns, Immolator with Holy Promethinm

10 Seraphim - 250
    Two twin- linked inferno pistols

Here's the plan: Immolator dominion and Seraphim squads take the long route, and flank the opponent, the Sisters go through the buildings cannoness runs with serraghim. I know I overloaded on the sister squads, but I'm used to horde nids .

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Eversor Assasin - 95
    You must have an Inquisitor in your list to field this Assassin. Either a lord or just a regular inquisitor, but you need one if you want to field him.

5 Celestan Squad - 65
    What happened, they're practically naked, where's all there special weapons?

10 Battle Sisters - 130
    Two meltaguns

10 Battle Sisters - 130
    Two meltaguns

10 Battle Sisters - 130
    Two meltaguns

10 Battle Sisters - 130
    Two meltaguns

10 Battle Sisters - 130
    Two meltaguns

10 Battle Sisters - 130
    Two meltaguns
    I know this is a anti-necron army, but some flamers mixed with faith points and divine guidance will drastically help. So that means plenty of Veteran Superior Sisters for those faith points.

10 Seraphim - 250
    Domions are okay, I would give the Immolator some extra armour. Split the Seraphim up spread out they're killing power.

So, overall more faith points are needed, so that means lots of VSSs your HQ is good. You need an Inquisitor of some sort and flamers for divine guidance.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Canoness looks pretty good.

2. To take the assassin, you need to field an Inquisitor. Elite or Lord.

3. While a 5man squad of Celestians is decent enough. You really need to give them some special weapons. A VSS wouldn't hurt either.

4. Basic troops. 10 strong armed with 2 meltas.
    Problems I have with this setup, and I've played a few Necron players, are several. A) Footslogging units need more bodies! Necrons will mow you down before you get within range of the meltas. No VSS?! You're going to need the faith points. Remember only faithful units can use faith! So you need a VSS with all your squads. C) Meltas. I'm not a big fan of the meltas. Short range kills it for me. Necrons will never let you get within range to use it. Best bet would be to load up on some SB's for extra shots.

5. Your Dominions look good. Immolater should get them within range. If you're bent on meltas, you can even upgrade to Multis up on top!!

6. Seraphim work great. You've got to take the VSS upgrade though! The units faithful, but also gives you a free Imagifer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Canoness should be 140 points. You also might as well give her a Bolt Pistol to shoot before she assaults.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hq-

Cannoness - 140
    Cloak of St. Aspira,Jump Pack, Blessed Weapon, Litanies of faith.

Inquisitor Lord - 249
    Force Weapon and Inferno Pistol and Hammer of the Witches, Three Crusaders, Three Acolytes with Power Weapons and Carapace Armor

Elites-

Eversor Assasin - 95

Troops -

10 Battle Sisters - 134
    Two Storm Bolters, VSS

10 Battle Sisters - 134
    Two Storm Bolters, VSS

10 Battle Sisters - 134
    Two Storm Bolters, VSS

10 Battle Sisters - 134
    Two Storm Bolters, VSS

Fast Attack -

10 Seraphim - 250

Total - 1480

Added a badass CC inquisitor. Realy expensive, but i like him. New thoughts on the list?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

10 Seraphim - 250
    I think you should break these up into two seperate killing squads, divide up the points just in case you lose them you don't lose all your points.

Inquisitor Lord - 249
    Force Weapon and Inferno Pistol and Hammer of the Witches, Three Crusaders, Three Acolytes with Power Weapons and Carapace Armor
    Alright I know you want something that will easily take down necrons and the like but, this guy is 1/6th of your army right now. I don't know why you have hammer of the witches on him unless your going up against a psyker army thats just extra points wasted. The inferno pistol is decent but costly. A familiar and some chirurgeons might be useful. My own close combat Inquisitor setup is very much similar to this yet still comes out four points cheaper if I have power weapons on my Acolytes. I suggest either lightening him up or if your just going for killing power, make him and his retinue shooty give them plasma guns. Or give the retinue a plasma cannon and 2 heavy bolters to deal with necrons from afar. JMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 man squads of Seraphim won't do him much good. I usually take between 8-10 and they work great!

Inferno pistols are good, but they have a short range. You should take a look at a Brazier of Holy Fire instead. Digital weapons I've found are useful in CC as well.

I agree with Path, Hammer is not a good power to take. Not against Necrons. Crusaders are good, as are your Acolytes. I would take at least 2 chirugeons with a CC =][= too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    I think you should break these up into two seperate killing squads, divide up the points just in case you lose them you don't lose all your points.
    5 man Seraphim squads will make it difficult to get Divine Guidance if you needed to use it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

5 man Seraphim squads will make it difficult to get Divine Guidance if you needed to use it.
    Then I'd suggest losing the Dominions they are limited by their transport anyways and Seraphim move faster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not an expert at SoB, but I think that stormbolters will give you nothing against Necrons. Sure, a few AP1 shots would be cool, but how many will that kill? Answer: Not many because of WWB, and if you're in range, they're in range, and that means intsnt kills against your sisters! I would suggest just more squads, and, for long range, add an exorcist for some kills against his commander and heavy troops.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast