1500 Nuns with Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

1500 Nuns with Guard

I had about 60+ Valhallan models laying around with about two SoB squads so I decided they'd be my new project.

HQ
    Canoness w/ Storm Bolter, Book of St. Lucius = 60

Canoness w/ Storm Bolter, Book of St. Lucius = 60

Elites
    Witch Hunters Inquisitor w/ Storm Bolter, Liber Heresius

DH Inquisitor w/ Psycannon

Troops

1st Platoon
    Junior Officer w/ Mortar
    2x 10 Valahallans w/ HB GL = 206

2nd Platoon
    Junior Officer w/ Mortar
    2x 10 Valahallans w/ HB GL = 206

3 Squads of 9 Sob w/ Vet. Sister w/ Storm Bolter, 2 Storm Bolters in the squad

3 Exorcists w/ Dozer Blades

Tactics:
    The Exorcists blow up anything not on an Infantry base. I don't expect them to live far beyond poking out to take out their targets but they're long ranged so they may. The Platoons mop up opposing armies gribblies with the Inquisitors adding extra shots. The SoB aim at Marines and such with Divine Guidance and run around for objectives as they can fire pretty well on the fly. The Canonesses give me a ton of Faith Points for very little and hold the whole gunline together with their bibles. I'm not a fan of mounted Sisters or CC Sisters, just so everyone knows. Any thoughts?

Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Whoa - very fresh approach to a WH army - at least new for me. I am not sure even what I think about your list... One thing maybe - having so much IG guys and not using the Russ that you already unlocked (2 troops from IG) seems strange?

Also - put Extra Armor on Exorcists, not the Dozer Blades.

OOOKey - you had IG guys that needed some time on the table - I get it :w00t: Still, maybe get a Russ for them?
    Last edited by SmokWawelski; April 19th, 2007 at 15:23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Yeah I got that from my buddies but I just don't liek Russes, they never hit for me. I have enough 24" firepower to put down things BC do, I'd rather make sure that LRC or Hive Tyrant doesn't get into my guys. I would agree my army is kinda out there, I've never seen anything like it on the forums either ><
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Hmmmm. Do you maybe have enough mortars to put one in each IG squad? That would give you... 6 mortars total? With 3 SOB squads, 3 Exorcists, 6 mortars and 3 ICs running around it could be interesting...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

I think that would be overdoing it. The 2 Mortars give the Officer squads a use and keep them hidden (hidden VP) and put the occasional Pinning test on units that piss me off. I wouldn't totally rely on SoB to deal with a swarm army, the GL and HB blow bigger chunks out than 6 seperate Mortar shots a turn, especially since against such armies Pinning is negated by Synpase, Mob Checks or superior Ld. Plus I only have 2 Mortars :yes:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x6)

With a swarm army, 4 HBs will not be a lot either. Plus, since there is about 40 guys to place around those 4 HW teams, they will not have line of sight to the same target most of the time, so you will have to spread the shots too...

But since you do not have the mortars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Grenade Launchers are very effective against other Guard armies and Tyranids. I just don't like to many Mortars cause it's chief purpose is to pin not to cut people down as it will usually be scattering and not hitting the optimum amount of guys. I'm a bigger fan of something I roll to hit with. Each Platoon has enough hitting power to decimate 20 swarm bodies, 1 Mortar, 2 HB and 2 GL backed up by flash lights and SoB to fill in the gaps. HB and GL also have more success against light vehicles that overun you like Speerders, Trucks and Rhinos. Mortars are not bad but I pull a Tony Synclair "Always in moderation."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Curioulsy you took the inquisitors and you seem to like shooting over assault why not take an Vindicare?
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x6)

Well, since you obviously like your list, and I have a hard time wrapping my head around it, AND it is based around models that you already have - I think that it is time for some "field testing" :yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

I didn't have the points for an assassin, but I wanted one :[ The Inquisitors are just cheap and shoot decently, and hopefully gimme my choice of table side.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast