1250 drop pods smurfs army. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1250 drop pods smurfs army.

this is my newest variant of the drop pod army. input please.

~Epistolary w/ bolt pistol, fear of Dkns, and storm of the emporers wrath.
    9 man command squad, 2 with plasma rifles, vet sgt with bp and powerfist, all in drop pod.
    ~ Dread w/ smoke, in drop pod.
    ~ 10 man tac squad with vet sgt w/ bp and powerfist, one marine with meltagun, drop pod.
    ~ 10 man tac squad with vet sgt w/ bp and powersword, one marine with meltagun, drop pod.
    ~ 4 man bike squad with vet sgt with power sword, one biker armed with flamer.
    ~ 3 man bike squad plus attack bike with multi melta, one biker with melta gun.
    1250pts
    plan is to drop pod into their lines and use fear of darkness, dread mangles any unit without anti vehicle weapons, or tangles with enemy armor. each unit has some anti armor gear. bikes hold objectives and strike at enemy infantry or armor.

probably facing, dark eldar, tau, orcs or necron.
    thoughts please, for the empire.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member DominionWeaponsGroup's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -66 (x0)

this is a bad list. armies that play mostly drop pods and then a few units on the board are not very good. your opponent will take their first turn and blast apart 7 bikes. Drop pod everything or nothing (not quite accurate, a single dread can be good in an army, but good advice nonetheless). Put a powerfist in the 2nd tac squad since its way better than the powerweapon. Also consider swapping the command squad for a terminator command squad to bring better anti-tank shots. Finally, a heavy flamer and extra armor on the dread is probably a good idea as well.
    Take life seriously, its lethal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i appreciate the opinion but you really dont think that i would just leave my bikes sitting out in the middle of the battle feild with no cover do you. since about 16.5% of the battlefield should block line of site i figure that the bikes go behind cover and then charge in later. they get a 24" turbo move so they can move into a position to back up the first units to arrive. the dread is in a drop pod too. it drops in with the marines. the reason i have left off some of the other upgrades is because this list is 1250 exactly. thats why i took some of the stuff that i did. thanks for the opinon though.
    Last edited by batman; April 21st, 2007 at 03:49.

Senior Member DominionWeaponsGroup's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -66 (x0)

you would just be better off having more drop pods than those bikes. One of the big advantages of play all pods is that you can go 2nd and its really good. If you play a few units on the board then you lose that advantage. and even if you do play bike a large squad rather than 2 small ones would be better.
    Take life seriously, its lethal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks.

good point. i handt thought of the lack of choice in the first turn because of the bikes. i have parts to make another drop pod. though i have heard rumor that they are going to make a drop pod kit, i will just bang out another one so that i can have five. though i think of the bikes as objective grabbers and light assault units your point is well taken that a larger group is better than a small one.
    once playing a necron player with almost the same list i ran into trouble and was being ripped apart by his forces. damb monolith kept teleporting crons all over. things were going poorly till i charged him with 3, count them three bikers. one of them succeeded in killing a cron in the ensuing melee. though the unit was at near full streangth and had a lord attatched, he killed non of my marine bikers. he then failed his moral test rather spectacullarly and was mowed down. lord and all in the ensuing sweeping advance. i almost half of his army vanished and i still had one more pod to drop. fourth round it landed on target next to his last remaining unit of crons and they were mowed down in the ensuing round of bolter fire. to the cron. not one left on the board, so... you can see that i might be hesitant to drop the bikers, but i thnk i will. good advice. thanks. probably just add another ten man tac with a pwr fist vet sgt and another plasma rifle. waaaaagghghghgh for the emperor.

+ Reply to Thread