2250 space wolves, friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

2250 space wolves, friendly

My Space Wolves, with some comments/reasons for taking certain units. Some of them aren't the most point effecient or competative of choices, but this isn't a competative list so I'm hardly afraid of that being the case...

HQ:
    Wolf Lord Sven Bloodhowl
    Frost blade; bolter-melta; runic charm; wolf tooth necklace; belt of russ; wolf pelt
    Sven's loadout is more to stick with his fluff as the greatwolf of the fire breather wolf company. I don't really plan on swapping the bolter-melta with anything except maybe a bolter-flamer.

Wolf-priest Alric Spiritwolf
    Balms and healing potions; wolf tooth necklace; wolf pelt
    This guy is just nice to have, decent damage and capable of keeping a few other wolves alive before they get into close combat.

Battle Leader Kjarl Stomwind
    Thunder hammer; frost blade; runic charm; wolf tooth necklace
    Kjarl can either help his squad by lending them another powerfist equivalent against high toughness enemies or enemy armour, or when his squad charges he can lend them his high initiative and equally high strength to take out a few enemies before the rest of the squad cleans up.

Elites:
    Venerable Dreadnought Bjorn the Fell-handed
    Assault cannon; extra armor
    Who doesn't like a dreadnought wielding an assault cannon with an character level ballistic skill. Other than having a fluff role here, iots nice to have those venerable dred abilities.

The Cunning of Russ
    Scouts(6)
    frag grenades(6); power weapon(2); meltagun
    Blow away a vehicle and pray at least the power weapon scouts survive or just go after something in the back of the enemy; eithr way something is gonna be on the recieving end of a meltagun and maybe two powerweapons.

Troops:
    Pack Tyr
    Grey hunters (6)
    power weapon (2); meltagun; frag grenades (6); rhino; extra armor; smoke launchers
    Meant to take on hordes, and do some of the big damage of the grey hunters. Nothings worse than eleven attacks on the charge backed up by six power weapon attacks to ruin your enemy squads day. To top things off, pack Tyr stands as the bodyguards of Alric Spiritwolf when he isn't with pack Egil.

Pack Egil
    Grey hunters (6)
    power weapon (2); meltagun; frag grenades (6); rhino; extra armor; smoke launchers
    Same as pack Tyr except for when they aren't being used as the delivery system of Alric Spiritwolf.

Pack Heimdal
    Grey hunters (6)
    powerfist (2); meltagun; frag grenades (6); rhino; extra armor; smoke launchers
    Same as pack Tyr, except pack Heimdal are the guards of Kjarl Stormwind.

Pack Morkai
    Grey hunters (8 )
    Bolter (7); plasmagun; powerfist (2); rhino; extra armor; smoke launcher
    Unlike packs Heimdal, Egil, or Tyr, pack Morkai is into rushing up, getting out, unloading with their bolters, and hoping something charges them in response or finding something to charge in the next turn. Either way, Morkai, with the help of Sven Bloodhowl they will definately present themselves as a fairly expensive squad to play out as a distraction.

Fsst Attack:
    The Speed of Russ
    Landspeeder
    assault cannon
    I don't think I need say much here; if anything it'll prove to be a nice fire magnet for Bjorn if he isn't being used as one already.

Heavy Support:
    The Rage of Russ
    Long fangs (5)
    pack leader; missile launcher (4)
    Your basic anti-armour and anti-horde weapons; these are the ones that do everything in their power to go after their given targets.

The Hammer of Russ
    Long fangs (5)
    pack leader; missile launcher (2); plasma cannon (2)
    Now the Hammer of Russ are the supporters of Russ's Rage, capable of taking on either hordes or armour; whichever needs them more.

The Fury of Russ
    Long fangs (5)
    pack leader; missile launcher (2); plasma cannon (2)
    Exactly the same as the Hammer of Russ

Total: 2246

I rarely fight MEQ's on a regular basis so no worries there.

So what do you all think of it?

Last edited by darkreever; April 22nd, 2007 at 23:07.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Wolf Scout Meltagunner Wulfbanes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

Battle Leader Kjarl Stomwind
    Thunder hammer; frost blade; runic charm; wolf tooth necklace
    ~ I don't like him. I don't like two different weapons. I just don't. If you want to hit like a WAAAGH, go powerfist/chainfist/thunder hammer. If you want to hit like a Banzai! go frost blade. One or the other, it's not like you have but 1 HQ to deal with enemies you know.

The Cunning of Russ
    Scouts(6)
    frag grenades(6); power weapon(2); meltagun
    ~To make them real cunning, and to allow them to blow away something else in the enemy army, replace the power weapons with two plasma pistols. It costs the same, adds 2-4 shots in armour penetration, and also sets up the option of replacing the meltagun with a plasmagun. Then you can even remove two scouts and use their points somewhere else, namely, ANOTHER scout squad, filling all your elite slots. That unit can have a powerweapon in it, and you let it infiltrate and this OBEL, or the other way around, depending on if you face a melee/ranged enemy. My plasma scouts have killed 8 tanks, 17 marine devastators and 6 taw stealth suits and a bunch of small units lying around in my enemies' army's in the last 5 games I played, simply because they get ignored and seen as too little a threat. Wolf Scouts are the best scouts the Space Marines have, think like that.

Heavy Support
    ~Just make it 4 miss, 4 miss, 4 plas and you don't have to worry about dead pack leaders either. I personaly think it's a waste to spend points on rhino's in the rest of your army when you're just going shoot your enemy. They'll put some hurting down though, but if you want anti-horde, just make one of the missile units heavy bolters.

It's a very strange list for wolves to bring, even at 2250, even with strange players (coughs his own name). I don't like this list at all as it is, as it doesn't have the 'feel' for me.

Sorry mate,
    can't help you on this one. This is not the kind of pups I play,
    Wulf
    Getting Help = Giving Rep

Space Wolves 5th edition:
    W13, L2, D2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Thats because your most likely a plasma loving wolf, who like many of us, who fields one or two units of blood claws.

(If I had to garner a guess, if you were to reshape this list it would definately see the battle leader dropped, a bolt pistol thrown on the lord, the dred brought up to HQ, another unit of plasma scouts put in, at least one pack of grey hunters dropped, at least one unit of long fangs dropped, and at least one squad of claws put in; but thats only a guess. )

One thing I love about repasting my own lists is how the comments and suggestions go back and forth. Last time I made the list it was maximise the split fire, mix the plasma and the missiles...

With Kjarl, I'd love to keep the dual role for him if I could; is their anything you would suggest while keeping that in mind?
    Last edited by darkreever; April 23rd, 2007 at 14:25.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar

Wolf Scout Meltagunner Wulfbanes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x2)

(If I had to garner a guess, if you were to reshape this list it would definately see the battle leader dropped, a bolt pistol thrown on the lord, the dred brought up to HQ, another unit of plasma scouts put in, at least one pack of grey hunters dropped, at least one unit of long fangs dropped, and at least one squad of claws put in; but thats only a guess. )
    Nope, got it all wrong. I would reshape this whole list in:
    HQ: Rune Priest, Wolf Lord, Battle Leader
    Elites: Ven.dread, Ninja Scouts (melee ), Fire on me scouts (, yes, that's their selfproclamed nickname in unit summary)
    Troops: 4 Grey Hunter packs (( Acting like I like Blood Claws THAT much), oh, no rhino's. :yes:
    Fast Attack: None
    Heavy Support: 3x Long Fangs, 2 Heavy Bolters in each, and 2 Plasma Cannons, 2 Lascannons and 2 Missile Launchers to fill out the Fangs.

Grumble... like I would field anything BUT scouts anyway... There's a reason I don't play that many matches over 1000, you know...

With Kjarl, I'd love to keep the dual role for him if I could; is their anything you would suggest while keeping that in mind?
    Tool down the Thunder Hammer and Frost Blade to Powerfist and Powerweapon for the huge amount of points saved. Face it, you'll probably end up using the strength 8 weapon against anything HQ-ish, Eldarish, Blood Angelish, Daemonish or Armourish anyway, just because you can. And in all other situations, strength 4 is generaly enough to kick-ass all the way anyway.

Oh, and yes, I love plasma, what you're going to do about it? Let me kill you five times with it waiting for me to overheat? Ghehehe,
    Wulf

~ Note, I'm not offended, I'm aggresive. 'Nuff said. :sleep:
    Getting Help = Giving Rep

Space Wolves 5th edition:
    W13, L2, D2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

The unfluffy use of plasma aside, for a non dark angel, its good to find somene else that does not come from the school of thought that blood claws are a must in space wolf armies.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

No fast attack seems lame to me. Although i dont think blood claws are good, I do think in 2000 or more, a single squad is probably in the army. All be it, just 1.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Forged, I do have a tornado in their; so theres some fast attack.

Completely forgot to put in the more important reason for some of these choices:

This list is supposed to represent a crusading wolf company (under the leadership of wolf lord Bloodhowl) that has been fighting with a crusading force of black templars for a decade against orks under an ancient pact originally made by Bjorn. That should at least explain the lack of blood claw packs, having had no time to replenish their ranks with new recruits; some of the original blood claw packs are experienced enough for it to be unfitting to have them stay at their lower statline.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Hmm, i blame all the blue writing. {goofy}

Also, I really didn't read any of the army
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

Indeed a strange wolf list. I wont even try to tell you to change anything because your set in your fluffy ways and i think thats cool. I have a fluff-filled WH army that looks quite wierd on paper and i always get told to change the living saint in it but hey.. she is the WHOLE POINT of the army right? I always enjoy reading a few lines of fluff underneath certain units see.

Happy gaming with it! Do you have the actual army built yet or what? Pics?
    -SONS of RUSS member-

Exiled until 5thED redo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Its mostly boxed up at this point, I only keep one or two armies out at a time and I just put the wolves away. I will try to find pics if at all possible though.

Wulfbunes, gave the plasma scouts a try last night; and though they didn't last long they were alright. Probably gonna swap out the current ones for the ones you suggested.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast