Inquisitorial Swords - [2000] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Inquisitorial Swords - [2000]

Ok technically this is a SM based army, but point wise its about 50-50 and I like DH/GK better so it'll go in this forums. Fluff wise my chapter is an elite squad of Space Marines given to the Iquisitors and Grey Knights to assist in missions where IST's would not be sufficent to complete the task.

Traits: See, but don't be Seen, Die Standing

HQ:

Master of Sanctity
    -Plasma Pistol, Artificer Armor, Frag Grenades, Jump Pack, Terminator Honors
    -171 points

Grey Knight Grand Master
    -Psycannon, Icon of the Just
    Grey Knight Terminators x4
    -Psycannon
    -409 points

Troops:

Space Marine Tactical Squad
    Space Marines x8
    -Lascannon, Infiltrate
    -159 points

Space Marine Tactical Squad
    Space Marines x8
    -Lascannon, Infiltrate
    -159 points

Grey Knight Power Armor Squad
    Grey Knight Justicar
    Grey Knights x9
    -275 points

Fast Attack:

Space Marine Assault Squad
    Sergeant
    -Power Fist, Terminator Honors
    Assault Marines x9
    -Plasma Pistols x2
    -260 points

Grey Knight Fast Attack Squad
    Grey Knight Justicar
    Grey Knights x9
    -275 points

Heavy Support:

Space Marines Devastator Squad
    Space Marines x8
    -Plasma Cannons x4, Infiltrate
    -284 points

Total points: 1992
    Models: 60

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats a cool list and idea. I wasnt aware you could mix so many, just thought you could only include Daemonhunters as an elite choice. But bear in mind I am very new so dont really have much of a clue (in general as well lol).

If you can do that then may mix and match myself!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Justicar_Alric View Post
    Thats a cool list and idea. I wasnt aware you could mix so many, just thought you could only include Daemonhunters as an elite choice. But bear in mind I am very new so dont really have much of a clue (in general as well lol).

If you can do that then may mix and match myself!
    Yeah, no problems with his combination. You can find what units you may add from DH's as allies in the DH codex, near the beginning-ish.

With regards to the list, it looks pretty solid to me. Only thoughts I had were perhaps adding plasma guns to the Tac squads in addition to the lascannons. Could help against other MEQ armies. Your Dev squad is pretty interesting. I have to admit that I'm unfamiliar with standard marine builds... is the quad-PC common-practice? Are you thinking primarily anti-MEQ (i.e. troop), or anti-light-vehicle? Just interested to hear how you plan on applying this squad.

Anyhoo, again, looks like a cool list. I hope it performs well for you!

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasten View Post
    Yeah, no problems with his combination. You can find what units you may add from DH's as allies in the DH codex, near the beginning-ish.

With regards to the list, it looks pretty solid to me. Only thoughts I had were perhaps adding plasma guns to the Tac squads in addition to the lascannons. Could help against other MEQ armies. Your Dev squad is pretty interesting. I have to admit that I'm unfamiliar with standard marine builds... is the quad-PC common-practice? Are you thinking primarily anti-MEQ (i.e. troop), or anti-light-vehicle? Just interested to hear how you plan on applying this squad.

Anyhoo, again, looks like a cool list. I hope it performs well for you!

-H
    Well I'm going to test it at both 4 Plasma Cannons and 4 Lascannons. But points wise they cost the same in a dev squad, so I can always mix and match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x1)

I think you are a little short on long range anti-tank weapons with only 2 lascannons. I think a better option for your devastators is exchanging them for ML with tank hunter skill, effectively giving you Str 9 vs armour and cheaper too.
    Last edited by mercenary; April 26th, 2007 at 01:50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by mercenary View Post
    I think you are a little short on long range anti-tank weapons with only 2 lascannons. I think a better option for your devastators is exchanging them for ML with tank hunter skill, effectively giving you Str 9 vs armour and cheaper too.
    I'm not a big SM buff, but I don't think he can give them Tank Hunters with the traits he's chosen. That said, if he did have the option, might be the ML's would perform well, giving a decent anti-tank punch, and still able to serve in an anti-troop capacity. Still, I personally love Plasma Cannons. If you end up trying the quad-PC, let us know how it treats you!

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Your correct Hasten, with Spector's current traits he cannot give the tank hunters skill to his devestators. That would require the trait honour your wargear; and if he were to take that then he would also need to take a major disadvantage (thoough none of them would actually do any kind of damage to this particular list.).

Though if Spector did do that, he would still need to find an additional sixteen points.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x5)

Aight so I tried this list out on Vassal last night. Played a SM army w/ 2 Pred Annihil's, 2 Tac squads w/ Rhino's 4x 5 man sniper squads, 2 w/ ML's, 2 w/ Heavy Bolters. He also Deep Striked 2 AC/DCCW Dreads and a Libby w/ 4 Terminators. The Plasma devs popped one of the preds on turn one (got its side armor). They also wiped out 2 of the scout squads. I was really happy with the list. The infiltrators got set in and absorbed early firepower while doing some damage. Having the lascannons infront of the preds made it so he had to leave his front armor to the lascannons and let the plasma dev's take a shot at his side. My chappy and his assault squad got into combat turn 1 and perfromed great, although a deepstriking dread did kill the chappy later in CC :/. The Grey Knights didin't get to do too much, mostly cleanup work as the game didn't go its full length.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x1)

Though if Spector did do that, he would still need to find an additional sixteen points
    Devastator Squad + Infiltrate + 4 PC = 284pts

Devastator Squad + Tank Hunters + 4ML = 224pts

60 point saving

You are right though you do need to take honour your wargear trait, and therefore take a major disadvantage, probably should have been a little more specific on that point in my last post. Incidently the devastator squad then counts as an Elite choice.

ML's would perform well, giving a decent anti-tank punch, and still able to serve in an anti-troop capacity
    I find this setup cost effective and efficient as it easily deals with any AV tanks, heavy infantry, and light infantry/horde. Very versatile :yes:

+ Reply to Thread