750 noob. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 750 noob.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 noob.

Doctrines:
    Grenadiers
    Close Order Drill

HQ:
    Senior Officer
    +4 Gaurds

Elite:
    [10] Storm Troopers
    +Meltagun x2

Troops:
    [10] Storm Troopers
    +Meltagun x2

[10] Storm Troopers
    +Plasma Gun x2

[10] Storm Troopers
    +Plasma Gun x2

Heavy Support:
    Lemon Russ Battle Tank
    +Lascannon
    +Heavy Bolters

What models do I use for stormtroopers? Karskin or Cadian Shock Troopers?

Last edited by DaemonBane223; April 29th, 2007 at 19:49.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

While many people like an all Stormtrooper list, I am afraid at so few points, you just wont have enough bodies on the table with stormtroopers. They are better than your average Guard to be sure, but not that tough compared to the rest of the universe. You also have very few heavy weapons, all bunched onto the same can. If your tank goes, it will be very hard to deal out much damage to the enemy.

If you want this to be the start of an all Stormtrooper list, I would suggested using the models to represent regular guard for the time being and fill out the ranks with some heavy teams.

But in the end, I always say: try it! You never know what might work until you try it out. This might be a very good list for your particular playstyle.

good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could easily get a full platoon for the cost of two of your Stormie squads. Then, downgrade the SO to a JO and give him the Honorifica Imperialis for some point savings while keeping a strong leadership bubble. I'd drop three stormie squads myself, create the platoon, distribute heavy weapons and give a Chimera to your remaining stomie squad. Drive by plasma is fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Stormtroopers and Grenadiers...and here is some of my advice.

1. senior Officer is a often made mistake. Like gunTAG said, JO w/HI is only 5+ pts, but way better.

2. Without transport, meltaguns are stand-and-be-wasted on STs. Take all plasma instead.

3. It is called Grenadiers for the troops.

4. You must buy the ST doctrine is you want the elite ones.

5. STs can take Infil/DS. Take one of the troops and put it in eilte. Give both infil/ds. Otherwise replace two squads with veterans with 3 plas/melta and infil them up. It will require an extra doctrine, but you've got loads to spare.

6. COD is guard-infantry only. You've got none. Drop it.

7. Some special weapons on the command platoon will do it good. You are allowed 4 specials don't forget.

8. The russ can do away with its sponsons. You won't need them much. If you do the russ is almost wasted anyways. I would even downgrade the las to a HB for price's sake.

9. If you plan for larger Grenadier armies, use STs or Cadian Grenadiers. Otherwise normal ones with lots of converting. Generally option 1 is easier.

Sorry if I am rambling on.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Most points have been raised though there are a few other bits,

Firstly,
    Tanthius suggestion of taking everything off of the tank is IMO wrong. It takes one weapon damage roll and itll be done for. If you take sponsons take all three bolters as a good choice. If oyu dont take sponsons then get a lascannon as at least you can do something worthwhile.

1) The price for your russ is wrong it is actually 165pts.
    2) Take the meltagun stormie squad form the troops and place it in elites, in fact Il just put up an edited list!

Doctrines,
    stormies,
    grenadiers
    iron discipline
    drop troops

HQ:
    JO, iron discipline
    4 flamers
    69pts.

Elites
    5 stormies with 2x meltas deepstrike

5 stormies with 2x plasma infiltrate

160pts

Troops
    7 xgrens with 2x plasma
    chimera, multilas, hb and x armour, smoke

7 xgrens with 2x plasma
    chimera, multilas, hb and x armour, smoke

366 points

heavy support
    Russ,
    hull hb sponson bolters
    155pts

Right this army works as follows.
    The two troops choices are used to gain objectives, these are covered by the russ. The russ can move and either blast infantry with the bolters or hevay infantry with the battlecannon (you may want to keep the hull lascannon fo ease of buildin, if so drop a grenadier from the troops section)
    The command and melta troop drop in to blow stuff up. these are suicide squads.
    The other elite unit with infiltrate can flank or support either the drop or objective taking element.
    I have givent he force chimeras for speed. These can also protect your troops and lend much needed long distance heavy weapons which the stormies lack.

In bigger points do the following first,
    1) fill out the line squads to 10 men.
    2) get a veteran drop unit with three meltas (5 man squad)
    3) Get carapace as a doctrine, this will fall ontot he vets and the main command. Its a littel expensive but as its only 2 units it doesnt matter too much.
    4) consider a chimera for the command squad with a flamer and multilaser
    5) upgrade the officer to an HSO with the hinirifica and get him a powersword
    6) consider sentinels for heavy weapons support and a second russ so that is supported, also a hellhound would work well with the double troops choice.

Think Ive caught everything!

Hope that helps, any questions just ask

A

PS: The above list is an example feel free to use it, however, it is a demo list so is merely to show advice so don't feel any need to take it.

+ Reply to Thread