HELP ME WITH 1000 pt DH ARMY - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP ME WITH 1000 pt DH ARMY

OK so here is what i want in my DH army:

HQ:

BC
    61pts

Troops:

1justicar+9GK=275pts
    1justicar+9Gk=275pts

Fast Attack:

1justicar+6gk+1incin=235pts

Heavy Support:
    Dread with TLLC/ML extra armour and smoke
    148pts
    TOTAL
    994pts

So please feel free to make any comments about how effective... or uneffective you think this list will be
    THANKS SO MUCH!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

I think the first move should be to drop the incinerator; it seems like it is great until you realize that you are going to be giving up 2 storm bolter shots, and 2 strength 6 attacks to get it. Beacause I am a believer in the 8 inch scatter rule (always depoly deepstrikers 8" away so that if you scatter it has to be a high number and a perfectly bad roll to kill the whole squad) I would not get to use it on the first turn, and then I normally get assaulted, or run from so the template weapon doesn't do too much good--especially because whom ever I am fighting knows it is coming, and if they can't assault they line up nearly perpendicular to me and rapid fire, so then I normally only get three flamers hits anyways...I think the 4 strombolter shots, and 2 NFW attacks are better.

Next I would max out the FAGK squad, and lower the numbers on the other two as the FAGK are depolyed at a better time (and I would normally deploy them then, rather than deepstrike them most of the time).

And Finally I would propably sacrifice one GK so that my BC could have a psycannon. Hide him behind a squad and start shooting transports/skimmers until you get to CC, then bolster your lines with one more power weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Yeah I would completely agree..
    Basically when your GK deepstrike in they get shot.. alot, so you really need the numbers to survive and relocate into a safer more stratigically position.
    I love incinerators, they are one of the best weapons IMHO in the imperium, but hard to use effectively and I dont think this unit will have a chance of being able to do that. Also I use mine in tandum and d/strike very close to the enemy (i can chance this as in a bigger army I can afford to risk it [some times ]).
    BC with psycannon should be like a default, it doesnt hinder him at all and causes a lot of pain to the enemy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK so how about this:

HQ:
    BC with psycannon and bionics
    101pts

Troops:
    1 Justicar + 8GK
    1 Justicar + 7GK
    475pts

Fast Attack:
    1 Justicar + 9GK
    275pts

Heavy Support:
    Dread with TTLC/ML smoke and armor
    148pts

TOTAL
    999 pts
    How does that sound?
    O btw for my BC what should i buy? like a terminator with psycannon????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, instead of bionics i think i will keep the incinerator....
    As dummy me already bought one so i think its worth it instead of bionics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x3)

I would lose the boinics for melta bombs on the justicars. The will probably do about the same ingame (nothing), but the first time they do anything for you they probably made up ten times thier points, and it doesn't put all of your anti AV 13 in one basket. Other wise the list looks very solid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Scrap the melta bomb and get give the justicars' grenades, this will help you so much in every game you play, basically if you assault anyone they will be sitting in cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Harvey View Post
    Scrap the melta bomb and get give the justicars' grenades, this will help you so much in every game you play, basically if you assault anyone they will be sitting in cover.
    Frags on Justicars is the most worthless wargeer you can get. The only time you will use it is if you assault a squad in cover and they kill your whole squad...If they don't you get to attack at your intiative to prevent powerfists. Having the frags doesn't save you any models because they have already launched all of their attacks...Infact with the worst case, you can kill three guys and they can remove everyone in base to base contact and the rest of your GKs cant attack...that hurts baddly, all for the cost one of one point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by nichodemus10 View Post
    Frags on Justicars is the most worthless wargeer you can get. The only time you will use it is if you assault a squad in cover and they kill your whole squad...If they don't you get to attack at your intiative to prevent powerfists. Having the frags doesn't save you any models because they have already launched all of their attacks...Infact with the worst case, you can kill three guys and they can remove everyone in base to base contact and the rest of your GKs cant attack...that hurts baddly, all for the cost one of one point.
    you have a point. :yes: :shifty: :yes:

+ Reply to Thread