Reformed and Re-armed @ 1000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Proud banner bearer of LO Codicier_Valkus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reformed and Re-armed @ 1000pts

I have racidically reformed my army due to its poor win to loss ratio, somtimes my old sneaky command squad and assualt elements work, somtimes they just melt to enemy fire before they can get into the meat of the foe. So I present my shooty list, which I really should have posted here earlier as it will be in action on Monday afternoon.

So here it is, lots of shootingness;

Epistolary Valkus 156pts
    -Bolt pistol and Force Staff
    -Storm of the Emperor's Wrath and Might of Heroes Psychic powers
    -Iron Halo

I am unsure what sort of HQ to take, I would have some sort of bike dude and a Biker Veteran sarge, but at the moment i don't have the time to do a good conversion for them both. I could form a command squad, or even an assualt squad as I have plenty sitting around. And I think an effective assualt element would be useful to counter assault armies that manage to rush past my firepower and into the core of my own force and bog it down in a melee.

Tactical Squad Alundus 175pts
    Sgt. Alundus with bolt pistol and chainsword
    1 Marine armed with Lascannon
    1 Marine armed with plasma gun
    7 Marines armed with bolters

Tactical Squad Eosos 205pts
    Vet. Sgt. Zander Eosos armed with plasma pistol and bolt pistol
    1 Marine armed with plasma cannon
    7Marines armed with bolters

Tactical Squad Windon 100pts
    Sgt. Windon armed with bolter
    4 Marines armed with bolters

These three Tac squads will be the workhouse of this force, lots of guns, gets more heads on the table and can cover eachother if they need to move to capture ground or an objective.

Bike Squadron Cosade 180pts
    Biker Sgt. Cosade
    2 Bikers armed with meltaguns
    2 Bikers

These bikers will take ground and dash up a flank and go tank hunting and provide general firepower where needed. The good toughness will also help reudce the amount of saves I have to make, the dice gods do not favour me.

Devastator Squad Anvilus 185pts
    Sgt. Anvilus armed with bolter
    4 Marines armed with missile launchers
    2 Marines armed with bolters

This jolly old Dev squad isn't too pricey, which I like, and its highly flexible, kraks shatter power armour and tanks, and the frags stack up armour saves and make swarms poof away in a storm of explosives.

All critic welcome, I have other units such as scouts, assualt marines, and other HQ guys available too, but no bikes for them yet. And my Dreadnought is also around too, so I can make some serious changes to this list if need be.

Thanks for reading this! ^_^

"Fight for justice, not revenge."
    FoW Gepanzerte Panzergrenadiers who took a wrong turn at Tunisia and magically appeared in Normandy as Panzer Lehr: Wins: 11 Losses: 8

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

hey
    the list is good but id go with a 10 man assault squad with a chaplain for some extra assaultiness when the enemy gets close.
    a dreadnought would be good outfitted for close combat with usual assault cannon and power fist.
    Devie Squad is good for horde armies and some vehicles
    if u can keep the libbe and put jump pack on it and swap it out for chappie in the aforementioned squad and give it might of hereos to cast on squad that is following it

thats about all i can think of
    otherwise its all good
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Proud banner bearer of LO Codicier_Valkus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, I have considered a big assualt sqaud with a Master of Sanctity, but I don't know what I could drop to fit it in.... cheers for the input! :yes:
    "Fight for justice, not revenge."
    FoW Gepanzerte Panzergrenadiers who took a wrong turn at Tunisia and magically appeared in Normandy as Panzer Lehr: Wins: 11 Losses: 8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

A close combat element would do this army good though. The bikes could function as such but you intend to send them up the flank.

I'd try to get in a small Assault or Veteran squad, 5 men should be enough, joined by the librarian. The benefit of the Assault squad would obviously be speed and with a couple of flamers they can also take on quite a lot of foes. The Veterans on the other hand you could give Furious Charge to enhance melee capability and a cheap heavy weapon to let them shoot with the rest of the army while the enemy is still far off - like a heavy bolter. And they'll be a bit cheaper. A third option would be a small Command squad with a cheap company champion. They'd be the cheapest of the lot.
    Points however are the issue. You'll need 100 to 120 pts at least. My suggestion would be dropping squad Windon and bringing the librarian down to a Codicier. That'd help you a long way.

For the rest the army is good.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Senior Member DominionWeaponsGroup's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-66 (x0)

To fit in a 10 man assault squad you would probably be best off trimming down the tactical squads to 6 men and no veteran sergeants and then dropping the bikes. Probably Something like this.

Reclusiarch:122
    BP,FG,JP,TH

6x Tactical Marines:115
    Lascannon, Plasma Gun

Lascannon, Plasma Gun

Lascannon, Plasma Gun

10x Assault Marines
    Vet Serg w/ BP,PF

8x Devestator Marines:200
    4 Missile Launchers

This is actually quite a bit under 1000 so you have some wiggle room.
    Take life seriously, its lethal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-61 (x0)

There's certainly merit to DWG's list suggestion.

It seemed to me, though, that you were trying to dodge assaultiness with this list and stick to shooting.

Your HQ is fine, but I think for a shooty list I would play a pretty straightforward captain or master instead. Master/Captain in Terminator Armour with either Lightning claws or a Power weapon/storm bolter combo is good. A captain, at the least, frees you from having to put veteran sargeants in your small, shooty squads for leadership, and a master does the same, but better. They're also quite cheap, ranging from 105 points to 130 points. You can even take him without terminator armour, but it's such a good deal for the captain/master that it's hard for me to pass up. Certainly, the budget assaulty chaplain is also really good, but he's assaulty and I'm going to keep my suggestions tuned away from that.

If you don't object to six man lasplas squad, play those. They're definitely the correct option for small shooty lists. Throw in three or four. If you have to vary your squads up, go for it, but keep them, in general, small, in even numbers, without vet sergeants, and posessed of a heavy weapon. Always, always take a plasma gun (I see you've hit on that, already)

Squads like:
    4 marines with bolters
    marine with plasma gun
    marine with lascannon

or

six marines with bolters
    marine with plasma gun
    missile launcher

are good.

Squads like
    five marines with bolters
    marine with plasma gun

are...less good. It's just not a squad with much of a point. Adding a guy makes it so much better for so few points. Adding a lascannon, well, is very similar to that sixth guy in terms of its awesomeness.

An eight man, four missile launcher dev squad provides a great tank hunting force. Bikes...don't, so much, really. Attack bikes do, but I think you might be better off keeping your army concentrated and fairly uniform in purpose. Line up nothing but guns.

With that in mind, I suggest the following 1000 point shooty marine list:

Master, terminator armour, ,master crafted power weapon, storm bolter. 135 points

Tac squad: 115
    Sergeant with bolter
    3x marines with bolters
    marine with plasma
    marine with lascannon

Three more of those: 345

Devestator squad: 200
    Sergeant with bolter
    4x marines with missile launchers
    3x marines with bolters

Another one of those: 200

There's a list with a really obnoxious amount of guns for 1000 points. The master gives you a great leadership buff and a little bit of combat if things really come down to the nitty gritty. I gave him some superfluous wargear because the important parts of the list didn't quite fill out 1000 points.

+ Reply to Thread