1500pts - Karamazov's Loonies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

1500pts - Karamazov's Loonies

Hello all!

I am going for a “giggles” battle tonight against a WH player/friend that will decide who is a true “Emperor’s Henchman”. I decided to go for a list of “Loonies” and models that I have but never used before (Penitent Engines, Throne of Judgment). Wanted to include Daemon Hosts but run out of room… I do not expect to win, I do not intent on playing too hard, but I want to give my friend some resistance, while sipping beer and munching pizza…

I know that his WH army will be based not on Sisters, but Most likely IG/ISTs/Arbites with - I am afraid – a possibility for two or three Exorcists, Arcos, Inquisitor Lord…

This is not so much of a question about my list, as much as a question on how to deploy my army (especially the unpredictable PEs), and also what strategy to use with them. The table will be 4x6, probably cityscape… I was thinking that I could deploy PEs in corners, with the Exorcist either in the center or with one of the squadrons. This way, he will not be able to have them run around without aim as they will be “surrounding” him from the start?

***1500 Pts - Karamazov's Loonies***

HQ: Inquisitor Lord Karamazov - 205 Pts

Elite: Celestians Squad - 195 Pts
    4 Celestians (3 Bolters, 1 Flamers) + SS (Bolt Pistol, CCW) + Priest (Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol)
    inside Immolator with Twin Heavy Flamer, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers

Elite: Celestians Squad - 157 Pts
    5 Celestians (4 Bolters, 1 Flamer) + SS (Bolt Pistol, CCW)
    inside Immolator with Twin Heavy Flamer, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers

Troops: Battle Sisters Squad - 194 Pts
    9 Sisters (8 Bolters, 1 Heavy Flamer) + VSS (Bolter)
    inside Rhino with Storm Bolter, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers

Troops: Inquisitorial Stormtroopers - 128 Pts
    5 ISTs (Frag Grenades, 3 Hellguns, 2 Plasma guns, Targeters)
    inside Rhino with Storm Bolter, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers

Heavy Support: Penitent Engine x3 - 240 Pts

Heavy Support: Penitent Engine x3 - 240 Pts

Heavy Support: Exorcist with Extra Armor and Searchlight - 141 Pts with

Total Roster Cost: 1500
    Faith Points: 3
    Models: 11 "Tanks", Monstrous Creature, 27 Troopers
    Using 6 PEs + Throne of Judgment: Priceless

Last edited by SmokWawelski; May 11th, 2007 at 23:01.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

even if its just for shits and giggles, it's still good seeing karamzov used for a change!

the best part will be when you'll actually win!

{goofy}
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

hee hee! I love it.

I personally like the list 'o crazies idea. it's not the most successful list, but it's fun. should be decent in cityfight.

I'd deploy PE's as far forward as possible, pref with buildings between you and oponent. with Celestians on flanks of them, Karamozof behind the PE's. put bare rhinos on the outermost flanks, and run them the farthest, pop smoke, advance everything else, keep the Immos at maybe 10-11" so they're not the closest models (force LD test, if you have to be in LoS) I've got the feeling you'd maybe rather have your oponent shoot your basic troops (pref. the IST's) than your PE's.

I'd line up the Exo to be able to hold down a firing lane if possible. maybe even go with a few more PE's, since the Exo prob. won't get to shoot a lot after turn 2 because you should have some close combats in there.

Keep karamozof in there with the PE's to shoot and fight.

hope it goes good for ya!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Thanks! One more question: Can I move the PEs around corners a bit while going "towards the closest enemy unit" (so endign closer than where I started) or is it STRAIGHT LINE NO STINKIN EXCEPTIONS?

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

Your plan seems sound, although you'll have to judge from terrain whether putting the PEs in the corners will mean that they have to slog too far to be of use.

The only other plan I can think of is the reverse of yours, put the PEs in the center and herd your opponenet with the rest of your forces since the flying ladies and ISTs are faster.
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

it's a straight line through difficult or dangerous terrain (taking all test as normal) but you must go around impassable terrain!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x6)

Cool - thanks I will see how the table is set up and decide on the spot. Going to fry some Arbites tonight LOL Off to pick up some Guiness now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x6)

Well, I got lucky!

I went against an Arbites-based WH army, with inducted Space Marines. His army included a unit of Scouts with Sniper Rifles, 5 Bikers with attached MMelta Attack Bike, =][= with some HBolter dudes, two Repressors with Arbites inside, Two Exorcists, One HBolter Chimera with more Arbites. Overall, I was expecting such army, bu did not see the Space Marines coming…

We used a city table, with several bulding that did not make the board too crowded. I placed my PEs towards the center of the board, as far out as possible, in two open corridors towards his side. Karamazov was behind one group of them, shielded fromany fire. Exorcist was behind a building in the right corner. One Rhino + one Immolator in pairs close to both groups of PEs…

I got SUPER LUCKY and got the first turn! Everything went full steam ahead, with every Rhino/Immy popping smoke, Exorcist to far in cover to get a shot at the other exorcist, so I only dropped one Arbite this turn and that was it. He moved his stuff out from behind the cover and started taking down my PEs. One squad took two weapon destroyed, the other one lost on PE altogether. His MMelta was right in the 2D penetration zone, but lucky for me missed the only Rhino that had a full squad of Sisters in it. One Immolator was also Shaken for next turn.

My second turn I finally got the Exorcist into the line of sight for one of his exorcist and exploded it. Lucky for me – again – a squad of Arcos hiding behin failed the armor saves and all 6 went away in a blow! The IST parked a Rhino right in front of his Chimera, shielding my PEs and taking 4 Plasma shots at it, shaking Chimera’s crew. Unfortunately, one of the troopers was burned alive by his own weapon… Karamazov shot was sitting safely behind a building in the center of the table, pondering the next move. 4 PEs were able to charge his bikers, with 11 (whoa) attack coming from two of them, I took the whole squad down right away and got 1” consolidation move. He retaliated by taking down all but one PE. As all the other troops were still in Rhinos, he was shooting with HBolters and Sniper Rifles at those, but failed to do anything.

Turn three looked like the one that will decide the battle, at least on the street level. My one remaining PE charged towards a building with the =][=. My Immolator also took a position in front of that building unloading Celestians. My Rhino unloaded Sisters in front of the building with 10 Arbites in it. Exorcist took aim at his remaining tank, hulking down in the ruins across the table. Karamazov sneaked around the corner and toward the Exorcist-safe zone in the center. Second Immolator got the back side of his Represor. I started with the Exorcist – most important part, taking out his last tank. Immolator also got lucky, blowing away one Repressor with Arbites unloading right in the open. Second Immolator, Celestians and the PE flamed his =][= and cronies away inone fiery inferno. I attempted to move to the second building with full squad of Sisters against 10 Arbites, but as I mentioned “Heavy Flamer’ my opponent called the game.

In summary:
    • PE die like crazy, even to Heavy Bolters, which are actually very good weapon against them if you do not want to waste other high-penetration shots on them.
    • On the opposite side – non of my transports or Exorcist were shot at due to the ‘scary” factor of six of them on the board… I want to have 9 just for the kicks!
    • Karamazov did not do anything, mainly because I was holding him back (objective of the game was to kill enemy HQ – we rolled for it at the beginning of the game). I could see him though advancing safely towards the enemy behind the building and PEs…
    • I could see how a Callidus Assassin would be good in tying down squads with heavy weapons, and allowing more PEs to get there. Unfortunately, I did not have points for one…
    • I got lucky because of the army that my friend brought to the table. I can see how a Tau or Guard army could take all the PEs down in one turn of lucky shooting, and that would take half of my army out of commission right there.
    Overall, very fun game, PEs are weak, not tournament-worthy but nonetheless very rewarding to play if one gets lucky with them. I am definitively going to save this roster and try to use it from time to time. My next project – Radical =][= with Daemon hosts and most likely Inducted IG (Two Armored Fists and Russ) with some assassins!

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. May 12th, 2007, 00:21