Foot SOB 1500pts please help!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Foot SOB 1500pts please help!!!

Hq.
    Canoness 135pts
    w/ eviscerator, frag grenades, bolt pistol, cloak of st. aspira, jump pack, rosarius.

Troops
    Battle sisters squad 199pts
    Veteran superior with bolter, 12 sisters with bolters, 2 with meltaguns.

Storm troopers 70pts
    3 with hellguns, 2 with plasma guns.

Fast attack
    Seraphim squad 162pts
    4 with twin bolt pistols, 2 with twin inferno pistols.

Heavy support
    Exorcist 140pts
    w/ extra armour.

Exorcist 140pts
    w/ extra armour.

total: 1244pts ( what can i use with the rest?)

Heres the thing; I will let you pick at my army list and tell be whats wrong with it, the only thing i would like to stay the same is the battle sisters squads as I'm a big fan of large numbers squads. You can change the equipment in there if u wish, i was thinking of giving the Veteran superior eviscerators i dont know how good that would turn out thats all. I you could help me out that would be great as I'm going to use SOB in the GT this year and need ot make my army as soon as possible........

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the extra points, I would consider getting another seraphim squad, but this squad should be geared for combat, so 8 strong, with 2 flamers and an Eviscerator wielding VSS. Also, minor points, but on the canoness, I would drop the frags (she strikes at I1 anyway due to the eviscerator) and the rosarius, as you can use faith to give her a 2+ invulnerable save anyway. Also, If you have any points left over, a small unit of celestians with a heavy bolter would be useful, as they would give you another faith point and a heavy bolter.

I think that eviscerators on the battle sister squads may help, as they are large investments already, and if they get tied up in combat, you want them out of there as soon as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Hq.
    Canoness 135pts
    w/ eviscerator, frag grenades, bolt pistol, cloak of st. aspira, jump pack, rosarius.
    As stated, drop the Frags and the Rosaries. Consider a Mantle, I like using my Canoness with Evis to go after MCs and Walkers. The Mantle allows her to avoid insta death once, which these creatures will usually put on her Toughness of 3. Not necessary, but just an idea.

Troops

I won't sya make em smaller, I'll say make em bigger Even sized squads are generally preferred for both Morale and VP reasons. Add 1 sister to each squad to round them out to 16. However, let me say one thing about making them smaller. 3 squads of 16 is 48 models. You could do 4 squads of 12 instead for 48 models. This will cost slightly more, but you will get 2 more meltaguns and a VSS who will grant another faith point.

Storm troopers 70pts
    3 with hellguns, 2 with plasma guns.
    Seems random to me Any particular reason for this unit?

Fast attack
    Seraphim squad 162pts
    4 with twin bolt pistols, 2 with twin inferno pistols.
    Very good Tank Hunting Squad! Consider dropping 1 in favor of the VSS with an Evis. Squad size stays at 6, but this squad is great anti-tank and decent in combat with the Evis and the VSS granting an extra die on faith rolls.

Heavy support
    Exorcist 140pts
    w/ extra armour.

Exorcist 140pts
    w/ extra armour.
    I only go with EA or Smoke on my Exorcists if I have the points to spare. Generally leave em off til I fill out my list and go from there. But never a bad idea to have it on them.

total: 1244pts ( what can i use with the rest?)

Heres the thing; I will let you pick at my army list and tell be whats wrong with it, the only thing i would like to stay the same is the battle sisters squads as I'm a big fan of large numbers squads. You can change the equipment in there if u wish, i was thinking of giving the Veteran superior eviscerators i dont know how good that would turn out thats all. I you could help me out that would be great as I'm going to use SOB in the GT this year and need ot make my army as soon as possible........
    The Evis on the SoB VSSs isn't a bad idea, but can be seen as wasted points in some battles. Its a matter of preference and opponent really.

As mentioned, a squad of 8 Seraphim with 2 Flamers and VSS with Evis is nasty. Also, I love running with 2 Jump Pack Cannonesses. One with an Evis and the other with a Blessed Weapon. Also consider Books of St Lucias, especially on the Canoness. If she loses an assault chances are she will be out nubmered, don't want her running and getting swept!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

More Seraphims, More Faith

+ Reply to Thread