1000 Doublewing - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1000 Doublewing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Doublewing

I eventually plan to build more RW and DW models, but at the moment this is what I have so I figured I should start playing with it and get used to the army. One of my local stores likes to do small 1000 point tournies for fun, and I was wondering if those who have been playing the new DA thought this would at least have a chance.

HQ:
    Belial with SP and SoS

Troops:
    Termi squad, AC/CF, 3PF/3SP, 1TH/1SS
    Termi squad, 4LC, 1CML, 1PF/1SB

Fast Attack:
    6 Bikes, 1PW
    Attack Bike with MM
    Speeder

I'm thinking teleport that shooty squad and Belial using DWA on a bike squad near a flank to shoot up something right off. Then other assault squad teleports in later, hopefully off of a bike squad. The RW stays out of combat and shoots.

Age is a state of mind, and since I have no mind, I don't age.
    Check out my painting blog at http://gmansminipainting.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Looks like a small but powerful army. Hammer and Anvil tactics, maybe? If RW are supposed to stand back and shoot, do you really need the PW? (Now, I'm not advocating dropping it, but I think you need to be ready to assault with these guys when it comes time...but if you're absolutely not going to assault with them, the PW is a waste)

What's on the speeder, just a HB? If so, I'd recommend swapping the HW's on the attack bike and speeder, because the speeder makes better use of the MM (not only because if the limited MM range, but because it can roam as a separate unit from the bikes and target hard stuff that bolters can't damage--but I think I recall something about the RW being able to split their bike squadrons up, so this may not really be a concern for them...?)

Also, since you have one "shooty" and one "assaulty" termi squad, why put the TH termi with the shooters? Wouldn't it make more sense to put it with the assaulty unit, since it's low on PF's anyway? I would think about how you mix your weapons between the squads, because you will ideally want to be flexible with them. You will especially want to be able to pump some firepower from each unit.

Don't know what models you have, but I think the ideal would be a standard squad with PFs and SBs, each with one AC or CML and one model with LC's. Pretty good firepower and also good assault ability.
    4 bionic bitz for Og "Da Boss" Grotstompa
    40 grots stomped
    400 boyz killed in action
    4000 light years of "Ere we go, Ere we go, Ere we Go" without a break
    $40K spent on GW

I'm a SM commander with about 20 service studs in my head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the speeder is a tornado, HB and AC both, no options to change any of it. So the attack bike gets the MM.

The power weapon is there for exactly what you said, just in case the instance comes up where I need to jump at something. I would prefer to keep them out of assault, but better to be flexable.

Hmm maybe I can move around some of the termi models. Put a LC in with the shooty, and put the TH one with with assaulty squad. Does that sound better?

Basically I want to the heavy firepower combined with good combat abilities, but slowness of the terminators, in conjunction with the mobility and long range firepower, but weak combat abilities of the bikes, to compliment each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Well the speeder is a tornado, HB and AC both, no options to change any of it. So the attack bike gets the MM.

The power weapon is there for exactly what you said, just in case the instance comes up where I need to jump at something. I would prefer to keep them out of assault, but better to be flexable.

Hmm maybe I can move around some of the termi models. Put a LC in with the shooty, and put the TH one with with assaulty squad. Does that sound better?

Basically I want to the heavy firepower combined with good combat abilities, but slowness of the terminators, in conjunction with the mobility and long range firepower, but weak combat abilities of the bikes, to compliment each other.
    Does the Attack Bike get to split off? If so then it's not so bad. If you have a regular LS that you could put a MM on, it might be better. There's the old pro/con thing with bikes and speeders. Now that bikes can turboboost though, it's not such a big difference.

Eh, I'm just not up to speed on the RW rules anymore...:cry:

With the DW though, I'd deffinitely recommend swapping the TH/SS termi for a LC termi. Maybe even divide up the LC termies evenly between the squads...so that you have as many stormbolters as possible in each squad. Just basically round things out....yeah.
    4 bionic bitz for Og "Da Boss" Grotstompa
    40 grots stomped
    400 boyz killed in action
    4000 light years of "Ere we go, Ere we go, Ere we Go" without a break
    $40K spent on GW

I'm a SM commander with about 20 service studs in my head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the attack bike and the speeder are both their own seperate unit so to speak. So you can have two 3 bike units, attack bike and speeder all roaming the table. The speeder is selected at a Tornado, you don't have any option to change it's weapons, so HB and AC. Thus the MM on the attack bike.

I have two reasons for not doing all LC for the termis. I need the pair of claws for my Belial model, as an option. I do like the idea of mixing them up, putting the TH/SS in with the assault unit so they have the extra hitting power, and maybe one SB termi in there. Maybe just leave the SGT with power weapon and SB, making that squad....
    3 LC(CML), 1 TH/SS, 1 PW/SB
    Or should I mix it up even more? I just picked up the assault termi squad this weekend, so I need to figure out what models I'm going to make. Should I heave the SGT with a PW/SB setup? Or give him LC, put it in the shooty squad, then use the PW/SB SGT I already have and put him in the assault unit? This would give me...

3 LC(CML), 1 TH/SS, 1 PW/SB

1 LC, 3 PF/SB, 1 CF/AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Very nice Gman. This post loooks suspiciusly famiiar to one on another Space marine forum :shifty: .

Best of luck with it.

Cheers
    Z
    Keeper of the Dark Fortress
    Member of the Inner Circle
    Current armies: Deathwing and Grey Knights (I'd have more if my wife would let me)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe yea maybe, I try to get as much feedback as possible.

I built the second termi squad like this
    4 LC, TH/SS with CML

my second one is
    3 PF/SB, 1 PW/SB, 1 AC/CF (is magnatized to use PF also)

Any suggestions on unit configurations with those models?

+ Reply to Thread