Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Here is the list I plan on running in local tourneys.... please let me know what you think
special wnp teams
Jr Officer/ honerifica/ iron dis/ storm bolter
2x special wpn suport squad
3x Infantry Platoons
Jr officer/ iron discipline/ storm bolter
2x Hardened Vets
i think you are better off with dropping everything. i dont think light infantry will be viable with the list you have constructed. for the point value of that bassie i think you can swap in 2 las sentinels with one having imporved comms. meltas on special weapon teams seem to be an expensive squad. consider leaving the melta guns in the armory and just lettin em have at it with the demo charge, keeps em cheap.
not a bad list. but i think you could save alot of points by dropping the light infantry(120 points!) and spend them elsewhere for more bang!
Okies lets have a look,
1) You are gona need this squad for leadership so drop all of the plasma and even the stormbolter, get a mortar and give them light infnatry just for fluffyness.
2) not a fan of the special weapon supprt squad. If you are gonna take this with a demo charge drop the meltas and get a flamer or two. Also as this squad will need to drop troop in to be successful dont give it light infantry (thats for both of those squads)
1) drop one of the grenade launchers out of each command. When you start taking casualties there is nothing to soak them up. You need at least one man with nothing.
2) the amount of plasma you have is worrying. you will struggle to take out some armies as you will be having your weapons dying all of the time. for the third platoon get the two full squads hevay bolters. For the second platoon get them missile launchers or autocannons. Thinking about it autocannons. You will have enough troops mobile so dont worry about feeling you are stantionary.
3) The third squad with a melta isnt a good idea, these guys needa plasma and if you can find the points get a vet sarge with plasma pistol for each aswell. That means a cheap dual plasma drop squad.
4) Take light infantry off of the remnants squads. They will need to drop in to be of most use, especially if you decide to stick with meltas.
1) The vets squads are a good drop troop setup however I woudl change them. I would give the second squad meltas, then I would attempt to get a third squad also with meltas (if this means having only two meltas per squad then do it) With the meltas in the platoon replaced by the plasma from here you have a better setup.
1) The basilisk doenst seem to fit the theme of your army, firstly though if you want to keep it drop the smokes and searchlight, both are useless.
2) I suggest dropping the bassie altogether and getting a few sentinels, give them multilasers as this will add to your heavy weapons (this means you could take some of those heavy wepaons out of the platoons that i suggested earlier) give on improved comms.
now drop any sentinels in, except the one with improved comms!). Perhaps include at least one heavy flamer varient.
Righty, if you implememnt the suggetsion that I have given above you will gain the following.
1) A decent LD bubble as your LD was a bit lax before
2) some ablative wounds in your command squads
3) lots more points formt eh special wepaons squads who are overtooled.
4) keep mobility and if the sentinels are taken have it increased, with better firepower.
5) more reliability to take out tanks.
6) reliable weapons and plenty of suicide plasma aswell as effective melta anti tnak in the form of vets.
Hope that helps
Thank you both for your comments there's some real good advice there....
I think my basic idea is sound but i'm not sure I conveyed it properly or it works with the rules for IG....
Basically this would be a drop list.... if the mission has deepstrike i'd drop 90% of the list in and lite stuff up with plasma/melta.... i've been playtesting a list with carapcae armour instead of the light infantry with some success....
now the times when I get smoked out of the water are mission that don't have deepstrike and i gotta march my army across the board ...
So my though was, make the list be able to deepstrike and/or inflitrate.... but from the sounds of it i can't give em both drop troops doctrine and light infantry doctrine....
Just some other points about your comments... in my playtesting the hardest fights were when i couldn't deepstrike or the army deployed in a corner and didn't move.... the addition of the bassi was my answer to the latter problem... It puts a hidable threat out there first turn to get my opponent's army to move around so it's easier to pick off isolated targets as I deepstrike.... also if i do end up going the route of only light infantry I will def drop the bassi and add in heavy weapons teams per your advice commisar.... again thanks for your advice guys...
I guess one final question would be if I can infact take both light infantry and drop troops on the same squad... if not it's back to the drawing board with some good ideas...
You can, but there's no real point from giving them both to be used like that. Having light infatry as your primary use of deployment, and then the freebie drop troops as back up is fine, I do that myself. However there is no point making drop troops your primary delivery method and then having Light Infatry as back up, you can't justify the points spent for it when you won't use it much at all.So my though was, make the list be able to deepstrike and/or inflitrate.... but from the sounds of it i can't give em both drop troops doctrine and light infantry doctrine....
There's no real need for the backup though in tournies, where Deepstrike is available for use, Infiltration is also always available and vice versa. The only time you can't use them is in Alpha Level missions, which neither is available in anyway.
... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..
http://us.games-workshop.com/communi...KScenarios.pdf)...In those missions about 50% of the time you'll have both and 20% of the time you'll have one or the other and I think there is an instance where you dont' have either.... So for me it's worth 120 pts. to not have to foot slog against the tau player when I play a mission with no deepstrike... Kinda like the improved coms, 20 pts for a tactical advantage....