[1500] Starship Troopers Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

[1500] Starship Troopers Army

This list is meant to represent the SST's from the movies, not the book - which I gather would be best represented by Terminators! But yeah, these guys are meant to be the t-shirt wearing idiots from the movies (and the video games, except there aren't any Marauder Suits in this list!).

The Psycher will probably be converted from a Commissar (for the officer's uniform), and the 4 Chimeras will be built to look like the Dropships... I'm still working out exactly how I would do that. And, of course, I had to throw Bionics on a couple of my Officers!

Any advice to make this list play more like the Mobile Infantry? Also be as critical as you want with it from a gaming POV too, as I don't want to lose any competitiveness for coolness either! :ninja:

Doctrines: Psychers, Close Order Drill

HQ (442)
    - HSO w/ S-bolter, Bionics + TM Item, Psycher, Medic, 3 G-Launchers (137)
    - Chimera w/ MLas, Heavy Bolter (85)
    - Anti-tank squad w/ 3 Lascannons (110)
    - Anti-tank squad w/ 3 Lascannons (110)
    Troop 1 (37
    - JrO. w/ Honorificus, S-bolter, Bionics + TM Item, Medic, 3 G-Launchers (120)
    - Chimera w/ MLas, Heavy Bolter, Smoke Launchers (8
    - 10 Guardsmen w/ P-Gun, M-Launcher (85)
    Troop 2 (340)
    - JrO. w/ Boltgun+CCW, Medic, 3 M-Guns (82)
    Troop 3 (340)
    - JrO. w/ Boltgun+CCW, Medic, 3 M-Guns (82)

Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Not to bad good list and fluffy! The only thing i woudl say is drop the medics, i dont remeber the films having medics in the front line so id swap them out for extra armour on the chimeras.

As far as making them into drop ships that would be difficult.

Your best bet would be to build from scratch.

Make the box bit at the back and its doors, then make a front from perhaps an enclosed sentinel body widdened slightly. then wings from plasticard, the sentinel body bit would give you a place for a weapon even actually gives you a multilas.

if you really want to go for the chimera build it without tracks.

Itd be tricky and using the valkyrie rules or evn model would be a better idea.

Nice concept though.

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iron Discipline would add nicely to both fluff and playability. "Do you want to live forever!?"

Also Xeno fighters nids would be appropriate for them as well but that costs quite a few points.
    What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight?

Twin-Linked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice list but a couple of issues, namely, only the command HQ can take Senior Officers and I'd be questioning the need for medics in all the command squads considering they are carrying melta guns and not plasma guns. I love storm bolters on officers, but dont think you have matched them up very well with the melta guns. Maybe replace them with plasma or even the humble grenade launcher to keep your command squads more "mobile".
    What Guardsmen dont want to hear...
    "Ok boys, time to fix bayonets!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MTG Guru View Post
    Nice list but a couple of issues, namely, only the command HQ can take Senior Officers and I'd be questioning the need for medics in all the command squads considering they are carrying melta guns and not plasma guns. I love storm bolters on officers, but dont think you have matched them up very well with the melta guns. Maybe replace them with plasma or even the humble grenade launcher to keep your command squads more "mobile".
    He has is right on the rules and the advice.

If you want for your guys to be more like Starship Troopers I suggest Grenadiers and Storm Troopers. They are more like the SSTs that drop planet to planet.

As for Drop Ships these are the best to represent them:

Imperial Navy Arvus Lighter

If you use Grenadiers you can have it for every squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by MTG Guru View Post
    Aw shucks. I can never make a list without missing something illegal in it! I have edited the list and removed the Senior Officer problem. I have also swapped out some of the stormbolters for points/efficiency (good idea). See my first post for the updated list.

I kept the medics, because even though they didn't feature in the movie, they are in the books and the games, and plus someone managed to save Rico's life out there in the movie (and put him in the glass tube) so I thought I could get away with it.

For the Chimera/Landers, I'm thinking of building them from scratch... This would be a pretty intense project, and I wouldn't start on it until the autumn, if at all. But there are plenty of 3D images of the landers from the games, from which I'm slowly figuring out how the landers would go together. Bring on the plasticard...
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

+ Reply to Thread