Balck Templars 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Balck Templars 1500pts

HQ
    Emperor’s Champion-140pts
    The Armour of Faith, The Black Sword, Terminator Honours, Crusader Seals, Frag Grenades, Bolt Pistol, Accept any Challenge, No Matter the Odds.

Marshal-144pts
    Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, Artificer Armour, Crusader Seals, Frag Grenades,
    Holy Orb of Antioch, Krak Grenades, Terminator Honours.

Reclusiarch-132pts
    Bolt Pistol, Crozius Arcanum, Artificer Armour, Crusader Seals, Frag Grenades, Rosarius, Terminator Honours.

Elites
    Sword Brethren Terminator Squad-225pts
    One Terminator with Crusader Seals, Heavy Flamer and Power Fist.
    One Terminator with Crusader Seals, Storm Bolter and Power Fist.
    One Terminator with Crusader Seals, Storm Bolter and Chainfist.

Troops
    Crusader Squad (Fire Support)-112pts
    Four Initiates with Bolters.
    One Initiate with Missile Launcher.
    One Initiate with Plasma Gun.

One Initiate with Plasma Gun

Crusader Squad (Assault)-331pts
    All with Crusader Seals and Frag Grenades.
    One Initiate with Bolt Pistol and Power Fist.
    One Initiate with Flamer.
    Eight Initiates with Bolt Pistols and Chainswords.
    Ten Neophytes with Bolt Pistol and CCW.

Fast Attack
    Land Speeder Squadron-140pts
    Two Land Speeders with Typhoon Missile Launchers and Heavy Bolters.

Heavy Support

Vindicator-164pts
    One Vindicator with Extra Armour, Power of Machine Spirit, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers.

Total: 1500pts

All C&C welcome as usual

Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

I like the list overall, but there are a few things in the list that could be removed to save points to make it just a little better, in my opinion. You have tons of anti-troop, but not enough anti-tank, in my opinion.

The EC is great, and as long as you are getting into CC, the vow is usually good. The problem with your army is that you only have a single unit dedicated to CC, so I might think about switching the vow for a cheaper one.

I assume the marshal is going with the terminator squad (artificer armor?). If that is the case, he's pretty good.

The terminators are going to be assaulting? I've found that regular terminators tend to work better with 2 ACs acting as a shooting base for your other boys in black to run around assaulting people. I'll be interested to see how a terminator squad does that seems pretty dedicated to the assault without making them assault terminators. If they are dedicated to assault, you might think about an assault terminator squad.

The chaplain is good, although I think I would drop the artificer armor to save points. Mine die mostly to power weapons, not to a bunch of attacks, so I find the 2+ save wasted. But that's just me. Stick him into the large assaulty squad and have some fun!

Your mis/plas squads are good. I often run a las/plas, for killing potential, but the small templates might be able to help kill weak enemies before you hit with your large squads.

Your assaulty squad is good. I would run a melta/PF combo. Mostly because you can't always depend on the PF to hit (think skimmers), and often times you can get dragged in a direction you might not want to go (RZ). A meltagun can help solve that problem. You absolutely don't need crusader seals if you join your chaplain (who has them already) to the squad. You still get the re-roll.

The landspeeders are OK... I prefer 2 tornados for 20 pts more, but this version should be interesting. Just run them in two seperate FOC slots so that one round of shooting can't kill both.

And the vindi is cool, and is my favorite model in my entire army. However, even as you have it decked out, I don't think it will ever survive to fire one time. It is the only true vehicle in the list (plus 2 skimmers), and every anti-tank shot will be against it. The armor just isn't high enough. Drop the searchlights, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Listen up you primitive screwheads ... see this ... this is my BOOM-stick!" - Ash

"I told you, it's not Pink! It's Light Red!" Donut on his new power-armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

Double post...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Listen up you primitive screwheads ... see this ... this is my BOOM-stick!" - Ash

"I told you, it's not Pink! It's Light Red!" Donut on his new power-armor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

erm...you aren't allowed to give extra equipment to the emperor's champion - Holy Orb?
    Last edited by pookakitty; June 2nd, 2007 at 21:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry, kept giving me errors and then triple posted (

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
    HQ
    Emperor’s Champion-140pts
    Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, Artificer Armour, Crusader Seals, Frag Grenades, Holy Orb of Antioch, Krak Grenades, Terminator Honours.

Marshal-144pts
    Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, Artificer Armour, Crusader Seals, Frag Grenades,
    Holy Orb of Antioch, Krak Grenades, Terminator Honours.

Reclusiarch-132pts
    Bolt Pistol, Crozius Arcanum, Artificer Armour, Crusader Seals, Frag Grenades, Rosarius, Terminator Honours.
    Okay as mentioned before you cannot give the EC any Wargear, he has the best going as it is. The chaplain is pretty good as it stands as is the marshall although to be honest I feel that twin lightning claws would be a better option for him if you drop the Orb of Antioch.

Elites
    Sword Brethren Terminator Squad-225pts
    One Terminator with Crusader Seals, Heavy Flamer and Power Fist.
    One Terminator with Crusader Seals, Storm Bolter and Power Fist.
    One Terminator with Crusader Seals, Storm Bolter and Chainfist.
    I find that terminators are at the moment a waste of points as they are taken out of the game far too quickly. for my liking. I would drop them and take an assualt squad with a few powerfists instead as you will get more out of it than the terminators especially if you give the marshall a jump pack and place him in the squad.

Troops
    One Initiate with Plasma Gun.

One Initiate with Plasma Gun

Crusader Squad (Assault)-331pts
    All with Crusader Seals and Frag Grenades.
    One Initiate with Bolt Pistol and Power Fist.
    One Initiate with Flamer.
    Eight Initiates with Bolt Pistols and Chainswords.
    Ten Neophytes with Bolt Pistol and CCW.
    Not bad, not bad at all. As mentioned in the earlier post you might want to think about swaping the missile launchers for las-cannons to give you that extra killing power against vehicles.
    The assualt orientated squad is better off with a meltagun for poping open vehicles. Overall this should do well as it will obviously be led by the chaplain.

Fast Attack
    Land Speeder Squadron-140pts
    Two Land Speeders with Typhoon Missile Launchers and Heavy Bolters.
    I would swap these for Tornadoes as they are far more effective at killing infantry than Typhoons, even with the twin link on the missile launchers. Split them up and you will have a lot more tactical flexibility.

Heavy Support

Vindicator-164pts
    One Vindicator with Extra Armour, Power of Machine Spirit, Searchlight and Smoke Launchers.
    Extra armour is pretty much made redundant by Power of the Machine Spirit. But I still love vindicators with this set-up. :yes:
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

+ Reply to Thread