1850 Dark Angels: The Other Direction - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

1850 Dark Angels: The Other Direction

Instead of the minimal numbers massed power approach with my previous list, I thought I'd try a Massed Power, Massed Numbers approach, I think its a fair bit better.

Adrian MalSeraph (Company Master)
    Power Sword, Storm Bolter, Plasma Pistol
    135pts

Tactical Squad
    5 Additional Marines
    Powerfist
    190pts

Tactical Squad
    5 Additional Marines
    Powerfist
    190pts

Tactical Squad
    5 Additional Marines
    Powerfist
    190pts

Tactical Squad
    5 Additional Marines
    Plasma Pistol
    Plasma Gun
    195pts

Tactical Squad
    5 Additional Marines
    Plasma Pistol
    Plasma Gun
    195pts

Tactical Squad
    5 Additional Marines
    Plasma Pistol
    Plasma Gun
    195pts

Dreadnought
    Assault Cannon; DCCW
    125pts

Predator Destructor
    Heavy Bolters
    95pts

Vindicator
    125pts

Deathwing Terminators Squad
    5x Thunder Hammers
    215pts

1850pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

What do you intend killing tanks with?? I suggest a sprinkling of lascannons in the tac squads.

Also

5x Thunder Hammers
    215pts
    Total waste. You need to be hitting at Init or you are in deep trouble. Also always put a heavy weapon in here, preferably an acannon.

Cheers
    Z
    Keeper of the Dark Fortress
    Member of the Inner Circle
    Current armies: Deathwing and Grey Knights (I'd have more if my wife would let me)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Zuriel, we usually only have one out of five termie hitting at initiative value anyway, so all five hitting slow shouldn't be all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian MalSeraph View Post
    Instead of the minimal numbers massed power approach with my previous list, I thought I'd try a Massed Power, Massed Numbers approach, I think its a fair bit better.
    With your idea in mind lets see if anything can be suggested that won't change it to much if at all.

Adrian MalSeraph (Company Master)
    Power Sword, Storm Bolter, Plasma Pistol
    135pts
    Not much can be said about him really; I haven't seen the standard setup of your company master before so I'm betting this is a common build for you or one of a couple common builds.

Tactical Squad
    5 Additional Marines
    Powerfist
    190pts
    Damn, sixty marines aught to definately be a bit of a problem for your opponent; the only problem you face now is how slow you are; however unless you start taking away marines there is very little chance of this army becoming any faster. (If anything I would suggest losing one squad and fielding as many rhino's as possible for the other five squads. I do recall that rhino's have gone down enough that you could fit five in and almost have enough to equip each one with half of the standard upgrades.)

Dreadnought
    Assault Cannon; DCCW
    125pts
    Nothing to say with this guy, he'll make for a fair tank hunter if he gets in range and a nice monstger if he gets even closer.

Predator Destructor
    Heavy Bolters
    95pts

Vindicator
    125pts
    Between the sixty marines and these two I would definately say your set for anti-horde; the sheer psych factor of the vindy should definately draw some attention away from the rest of your army if the marines have not done that for the vindy already.

5x Thunder Hammers
    215pts
    I've only just got back into using termies, so I'm not much to say anything on them. I know the points for this list are tight, so I won't say something like you should get an assault cannon in here (because where the hell would you find the points for it?) However are you sure that keeping them all as thunder hammer termies will be a good idea? The improved ++ save in combat will make them even harder to stop since they could go character hunting but as you know, for each one that dies the rest of the squad is more pressed to make back its points.

The major flaw I see with this army you have here Adrian, is the lack of speed. Its offset by the high number of bodies, so some tactics like flanking fish of fury, triple bladestorming avengers, and speedfreak pincers will be much less effectiv; but you may not have enough heavy firepower to deal with heavy armour or tougher enemies. The holy bolter can do wonders, but even it can only do so much...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x7)

Yeah, that's the major problem.

I included the Thunderhammers as my main mode of tank hunting. As our local tourny is more focused on objective taking than anything else, I figured a large number of bodies will do well when piled onto the objective.

Yeah, It was a mostly anti-horde approach as my main difficult opponent tends to be orks and Tyranids, also due to the fact that we have a decent spread around my area, not too many MEQ armies.

I based this army off the Tank Tactica in WD 328(?). It made a ton of sense. Soo, I intended on running three formations with two tacs in support of the tanks and the Dreadnought.

Thoughts about that?

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

Zuriel, we usually only have one out of five termie hitting at initiative value anyway, so all five hitting slow shouldn't be all that bad.
    But they where armed with an assault cannon + 4 storm bolters.

Zuriel is correct.

I assume this is a friendly list, so i wont comment further.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar View Post
    I assume this is a friendly list, so i wont comment further.
    Why not comment further Forged? Fear anything you have to post will be so ingrained with winning and competativeness that it will miss the point of what this list is about?

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

+ Reply to Thread