Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Having not played since 2nd-ed rules i thought i might try and assemble an army to fill the gap before my elysian force is complete. having pulled my old army from the loft, and repaired as many of my tanks as possible this is the list i have been able to create.
this is most likely going to be made up from Praetorian infantry, but im finding it hard finding 2 squads of any individual force...
- Command Tank - Lemun Russ w/hull lascanon +heavy bolters (265)
- Tank Unit - Lemun Russ w/hull lascanon + heavy Bolters (165)
- Tank Unit - Lemun Russ w/hull heavy Bolters (145)
- Reconnaissance Section - Hellhound (115)
- Armoured Fist Squad - (squad - autocannon|vehicle - multilaser + heavy bolter) (160)
- Armoured Fist Squad - (squad - mortar|vehicle - multilaser + heavy bolter) (155)
- Support Tank - Lemun Russ Demolisher w/lascanon & plasma cannons (185)
Total Points w/o Doctorines: 1190
advice very much welcome...
Armoured Fist squads - I'd very much recommend a few things. First, their heavy weapons, to be the most effective, should either be Missile Launchers or Lascannons. Autocannons are okay, but include at least one Lascannon then, to pair with the Autocannon. Consider also some special weapons, and extra armor/smoke launchers for the Chimeras.
Hope this gives some food for thought.
I agree with most of the last commentary, but i have a few more things to say.
Why dont you have any sponson weapons on the second leman russ? Heavy bolters for sponsons are dirt cheep, each heavy bolter costs less than a guardsman, and they work as well there as anywhere else.
How are you planning on using the 20 guardsmen? If you use the chimera to move them up than they wont be firing the heavy weapon much, but if you hold them still to fire the heavy wepons, well, thats a lot of points for 2 heavy weapons. Consider making them elites with storm trooper squads instead, better armour, grenades, better BS and more special weapons which have the really handy ability to fire on the move.
Keep the domisher, any mostrous creatures will crap their pants.
ALWAYS take extra armour and smoke launchers with every vehicle.
the reason there are no sponsons with one of the tanks, is the tank was assembled over 7 years ago without them, and they have since dissapeared into the warp(used in gorkamorka) so i will need to make some new ones, which i may do at a later date, the other option would have been buying the sprues but as the bits are spread across 2 sprues thats about half the price of a new tank, so isn't high on my prioritys. (esp if the rumor i have heard of packs of 10 lemun russes for £150 coming out for apocalypse is true)
but in better news i have found the remenants of my basilisk, and with a single new sprue it will be opperational, once it has its gun replaced *shakes fist at gorkamorka*
the plan for the troops in the chimera is to counter any flanking manovoures, and i have located a pair of lascannons and their crew so they will probely be swaped in. (plus i have found a few special weapon guy, the choice being metla, grenade launcher or flamer [1 of each])
Changes I have made.
one hull mounted lascannon is now a heavy bolter (one of the tanks with hb sponsoons)
the lead tank now has the plasma cannons by using upgraded sponsoons doctorine (+5 points) as they will benefit from the increased bs.
the remaining body with a lascannon is being used with the demolisher so i still get some mid range attacks from it.
squad payload is now lascannon and melta, lascannon and gl
and the chimera's both have smokes now
...and im going to play this to see how it goes before making more changes
- Improved Sponsons (lemun russ may take demolisher sponsons for +5points)
- Command Tank - Lemun Russ w/hull lascanon +plasmacannons(improved sponsons) (280)
- Tank Unit - Lemun Russ w/hull heavy Bolter + heavy Bolters (155)
- Tank Unit - Lemun Russ w/hull heavy Bolter (145)
- Reconnaissance Section - Hellhound (115)
- Armoured Fist Squad - (squad - lascannon+metlagun|vehicle - multilaser + heavy bolter+smokes) (183)
- Armoured Fist Squad - (squad - lascannon+flamer|vehicle - multilaser + heavy bolter+smokes) (179)
- Support Tank - Lemun Russ Demolisher w/lascanon & heavy bolters (175)
Total Points: 1232
Last edited by Alt; June 7th, 2007 at 02:45.