2000 pts horde army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

2000 pts horde army

Doctrines
    Conscripts
    Close Order Drill
    Ind Commies
    Iron Discipline (ID)

HQ
    JO
    Lascannon
    ID 70 pts

1 Hvy Bolter Fire support 80 pts
    2 Lascannon Anti Tank Squads 220 pts
    1 sentinel w/ hvy flamer 40 pts

Troops

Infantry PLatoon A
    Command A Hvy Bolter
    ID
    60 pts

Squad A-1
    Hvy bolter 70

Squad A-2
    Hvy Bolter 70

Conscript Platoon A
    50 men, 5 flamers
    345pts
    Commissar w/Pwr Wpn 55pts

Infantry Platoon B
    JO
    Lascannon
    ID
    70 pts

Squad B-1
    Lascannon
    85 pts

Squad B-2
    Lascannon
    85 pts

Conscript Platoon B
    50 men
    5 Hvy Bolters
    375 pts

Commissar w/Storm Bolter 55 pts

Fast Attack

1 Sentinel w/hvy flamer 40 pts

Hvy Support

Basilisk w/indy fire 125 pts

Leman Russ w/hull mtd hvy bolter 155 pts

So all in all I have 185 troops, 2 sentinels and 2 tanks. combining with a total fire potential of 11 hvy bolters, 9 lascannons, 5 flamers, 2 hvy flamers, 1 battle cannon, 1 earthshaker cannon, and 280 flashlights at rapid fire range.

More of a novelty list of seeing the opponents face, but it could prove really effective, haven't tried it yet though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this list a lot

That is a lot of warm bodies which will take ages to chew through. This many men will give anyone problems.

The only thing about this list is the sentinels. Don't get me wrong I like sentinels, and I like flamers, but i would personally go with multilasers. This would mean that you could only fit one sentinel into your army which is a shame, and I can't see anywhere to shave points off of stuff, so maybe you are right.......

I think I'll have to agree, deffently think it'll be effective, this will even give nids a problem. In fact I want you to play a gaunt heavy nid army just too see if any of the gaunts survive all those lasguns and flamers :shifty:.

EDIT:

oooo.... just thought of something, maybe a banner on your HQ could be good especially as your HQ is a JO with an Ld of 8, having a Ld re-roll is never a bad thing.
    Last edited by simoncook; May 31st, 2007 at 13:03.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Hmm this list isnt particularly frightening as the conscripts are the only reall opposition.

1) Lascannon in the main command is no t a good idea, lascannon in any command is not a good idea. You have no LD these points should go on an honorifica then get a standard.
    2) To many lascannons in general. The second platoon needs autocannons, then you can get sone plasma for some more squads onein the heavy bolter one in the atocannon platoon. What woudl be better woudl be to mix them u a bit, a platoon wiht autocannons and hevay bolters and a plasma somewhere woudl give more tactical flexibility.
    3) Im not so keen on the fire support squads. The lascannons i can say yes to but the heavy bolters might aswell be in squads to make the platoons a little better.
    4) drop the sentinels they look like an afterthought especially the main commands one, use this to sort out those platoons a little bit.
    5) you have priced the cnscripts wrongly as you have put the commisars points down aswell. Id take the points off of the commisar tbh to avoid confusion.
    6) with a decent command there is no need for the conscripts with hevay bolters to have a commisar. place that commisar int he main command and leave him near the conscripts. that way you get you LD 10 for less points plus the iron discipline benefits.
    7) If you are going to go all infantry go all infantry, drop the russ as itll be a fire magnet. Even with two fairly useless sentinels it will still gain the attention of all of those enemy lascannons.

Its an ok lt but has very bad leadership. The platoons need a little more thought they are just tools to get conscripts at the moment and they should be actually god enough to support those conscripts. take advantage of the special and heavy wepaons to add weight of fire. You went a little crazy with lascannons which isnt needed, in higher points a mix of weapons is a lot more important so get some autocannons in there and possibly get those commands mortars aswell.

hope that helps

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

whoa, i did misprice the conscripts, they should be 100 pts less each... yay! haha, more stuff! ya the company banner would help but they don't benefits conscripts, neither does officer leadership, so a commie with them is a must. the sentinels i;m thinking will advance on either side of the first conscript platoon, destroying any infantry along the way.umm, with the extra 200 pts and those in mind heres the list:

Doctrines
    Conscripts
    Close Order Drill
    Ind Commies
    Iron Discipline (ID)

HQ
    JO w/Bolter and Surveryor
    Hvy Bolter
    1 Vet Standard Bearer
    2 Grenade Launchers
    ID 90 pts

1 sentinel w/ hvy flamer 40 pts

Troops

Infantry PLatoon A

Command A
    Lascannon
    ID
    70 pts

Squad A-1
    Plasma Gun
    Hvy bolter 80

Squad A-2
    Plasma Gun
    Hvy Bolter 80

Conscript Platoon A
    50 men, 5 flamers
    245pts

Infantry Platoon B

Command B
    JO
    4 Plasma guns
    ID
    85 pts

Squad B-1
    Autocannon
    Plasma Gun
    85 pts

Squad B-2
    AutoCannon
    Plasmagun
    85 pts

Conscript Platoon B
    50 men
    5 Hvy Bolters
    275 pts

Fast Attack

Hvy Support

Leman Russ w/hull mtd hvy bolter and side sponson heavy bolters 165 pts

and with that I have 55 pts left and i'm unsure whether i want another sentinel with a lascannon or a 5 man rough rider squad with hunting lances. the rough riders will be able to move ahead with the flamers and sentinels and hopeful destroy termies and the heavier stuff advancing towards the line, while the sentinel would be slightly mroe durable, and provide yet another lascannon.

So all in all I have 185 troops, 2 sentinels and 3 tanks. combining with a total fire potential of 14 hvy bolters, 2 autocannons, 7 lascannons, 5 flamers, 2 hvy flamers, 1 battlecannon, 2 earthshaker cannon, 2 grenade launchers, 8 plasmaguns, 1 bolter and 260 flashlights at rapid fire range.

this is excluding the 55 pts leftover, i'm leaning more towards rough riders just as i've never tried them and they seem fun.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Actually they can use the officers leadership. So putting the commisar in the main command would be really good because you then have a LD 10 bubble for all surrounding troops with the line squads able to use the banner. (it also avoids the whole commisar execution debate!). more effective use of points that way.

There a still a couple of things.
    The heavy flamer sentinels are still useless. They wont make it close enough to do any killing if the opponent knows what hes doing. If you really want them go for drop troops with them. Tis way they at least cause a diversion if nothing else.

THe command squads are still all squify.
    The main command needs to be an HSO or a JO with HI. drop those grenade launchers as this squad should never be in a postition to use them. Get a mortar. This is partly psychological, if they have a mortar you wil leave them where they are and hidden well so they provide leadership. The grenade launchers tempt you to run around killing things!

The platoon commands are also still off. The lascannon in the first command needs to go somewhere else, swap it out for a heavy bolter or mortar or even a pair of plasma. This links with the other squad that should drop two of its plasma. there are no soldiers to soak up wounds.

The russ is still lonely, someone on this forum once said
    1 russ is a target, 2 is a threat (or something very similar)
    this is very true and a great bit of advice to keep in your head. That tank will die without company.

I suggest you drop both sentinels thatll give 80 points. now add that to the dropped lascannon thats another 25, get another 10 fromt he spare and get a hellhound. Far better flamer and company for your russ!

Hope that helps

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you going to do about mobilty? I would drop the sentinels and get some more men. Bodies always help.
    "When one man dies it is a tragedy. When thousands die its a statistic."
    -Stalin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

I'm liking the hellhound, i dropped one sentinel and got a hellhound, as well as dropped the comman squad lascannon and got a heavy bolter and a missile launcher. also split the plasmaguns in the command squads

Doctrines
    Conscripts
    Close Order Drill
    Ind Commies
    Iron Discipline (ID)

HQ
    JO w/Bolter and Surveryor
    Hvy Bolter
    1 Vet Standard Bearer
    2 Grenade Launchers
    ID 90 pts

Troops

Infantry PLatoon A

Command A
    Heavy Bolters
    2 Plasma gun
    ID
    75 pts

Squad A-1
    Plasma Gun
    Hvy bolter 80

Squad A-2
    Plasma Gun
    Hvy Bolter 80

Conscript Platoon A
    50 men, 5 flamers
    245pts

Infantry Platoon B

Command B
    JO
    Missile Launcher
    2 Plasma guns
    ID
    80 pts

Squad B-1
    Heavy Bolter
    Plasma Gun
    80 pts

Squad B-2
    Heavy Bolter
    Plasmagun
    80 pts

Conscript Platoon B
    50 men
    5 Hvy Bolters
    275 pts

Fast Attack

Hellhound 115 pts

Hvy Support

Leman Russ w/hull mtd hvy bolter and side sponson heavy bolters 165 pts

So all in all I have 185 troops, 1 sentinel and 4 tanks. combining with a total fire potential of 17 hvy bolters, 6 lascannons, 1 Missile Launcher, 5 flamers, 1 hvy flamer, 1 inferno cannon, 1 battlecannon, 2 earthshaker cannon, 2 grenade launchers, 8 plasmaguns, 1 bolter and 260 flashlights at rapid fire range.

+ Reply to Thread