1850 Point Space Marine Army RTT - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Point Space Marine Army RTT

Hey guys I am looking into some feedback for this army list. This is going to be played in 3 weeks at a RTT tourney.

Master of Sanctity
    Plasma Pistol, Adamantine Mantle, Artificer, Jump pack 190

5 Space marine Sqauds of 5 men
    Lascannon plasma gun in each. 500

8 Scouts with 7 sniper rifle and a heavy bolter 139

Attack Bike 50

Land Raider Crusader 265

Dreadnought
    Venerable Smoke Extra Armor Drop pod 163

Times 2 Dreadnoughts
    Extra Armor Smoke Drop pod 286

10 assault Marines
    2 plasma pistol
    meltabombs 280

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by OEFGator View Post
    Hey guys I am looking into some feedback for this army list. This is going to be played in 3 weeks at a RTT tourney.

Master of Sanctity
    Plasma Pistol, Adamantine Mantle, Artificer, Jump pack 190
    Adamantine mantle is a severe waste of points. He already has a 4+ invuln against inta-gibs.

5 Space marine Sqauds of 5 men
    Lascannon plasma gun in each. 500
    5 squads is definite over kill. Make a squad of 10 and 3 squads of 5. It's the same number, but fewer of your marines are going to hight-tail it after a few men hit the floor.

8 Scouts with 7 sniper rifle and a heavy bolter 139
    this is good. I like this alot. I am guessing that you intend to infiltrate this unit? Perhaps fewer men in it though.

Attack Bike 50
    BAD!! BAD!! SILLY LITTLE MAN!! Attack bikes are very bad on their own. If you want an attack bike alone, get a land speeder. If you want an actual attack bike, get a bike squad.

Land Raider Crusader 265
    useless in 1850. Although it might be an underdog. You just don't have termies or Cc marines to put in it. Maybe switch it for the longer ranged LR version.

Dreadnought
    Venerable Smoke Extra Armor Drop pod 163

Times 2 Dreadnoughts
    Extra Armor Smoke Drop pod 286
    I am guessing that you are taking 3 dreadnoughts as your elite choices. I am also assuming that your tactic is to drop all three of them as soon as possible into the enemy rear. Remember, you won't get there until atleast turn 2, and you won't be garaunteed to get there all together. So your enemy is going to shoot your expensive dreads piecemeal, or they will get there too late to do anything. And the enemy is almost gauranteed to get the points value for destroying the helpless pods. All in all, too expensive and too risky a tactic for a tourney.

10 assault Marines
    2 plasma pistol
    meltabombs 280
    I like this squads, because I like assault marines. However, your meltas choice is not the best. Just go for Krak. It is so much easier, and you likely won't be seeing any tanks too large for your extreme use of heavy weapons.

my last gripe is that you seem to have WAY TOO MUCH STUFF for this to be 1850. You should probably recalculate your list, or tell me what codex you are using so I can go buy it.:yes:
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I will take what you said into consideration. You were right about the points, I recalculated them and i am over by 23. First of all i am going to take out the adamantine mantle and the meltabombs. that will knock me back down to 1828. I will giv e the chaplain terminator honours. Totally forgot about that. I have not played in almost3 years lol.

I was thinking of waiting till tuen three to deploy the dreadnoughts and just using them to slow the enemy down or exploit weaknesses in their line. As t the other stuff you said I just need to sit back and make another army list. I have no played in a long time and I would like to go into the tournament with a competitive army list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x1)

With drop pods you don't get to choose when they deploy. You roll for each one separately from turn two onwards, see pages 84 and 85 of the rule book.

There is a chance (however small) that they will never turn up!

+ Reply to Thread