2000 Armoured Company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Armoured Company

Alright guys, what do you think of THIS armoured company?

Doctrines:
    Vanquishers
    Exterminators
    Ace Gunners

All Have Extra armour, smoke launchers, Rough Terrain Mod, Searchlights

HQ:

Command Tank 339
    Vanquisher
    Lascannon & Heavy bolters
    Ace Gunners

ELITE:

Tank Ace 304
    Vanquisher
    Lascannon & Heavy Bolter
    Ace Gunners

Tank Ace 251
    Exterminator
    3 Heavy Bolters & Heavy Stubber
    Ace Gunners

Tank Ace 251
    Exterminator
    3 Heavy Bolters & Heavy Stubber
    Ace Gunners

TROOP:
    Tank unit
    Battle Tank 204
    Lascannon & Heavy Bolters
    Ace Gunners

Tank unit
    Battle Tank 204
    Lascannon & Heavy Bolters
    Ace Gunners

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    Demolisher 214
    Lascannon & Plasma Cannons
    Ace Gunners

Demolisher 214 Lascannon & Plasma Cannons
    Ace Gunners

TOTAL: 1981

I tried to get a balance of weaponry in here by using a 4 different types of tanks. I took 2 of each so that I don't have all my eggs in one basket.

Those exterminators should do some serious damage with their 14 shots per turn at BS 4 re-rolling 1s (and 2s for the autocannon).

Last edited by Rabid_IBM; November 11th, 2007 at 06:43.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x0)

I like the list, I was worried about your anti-tank, but you have plenty of lascannons as back-up

the only other thing is the Plasma cannon sponsons, they just seem a waste in comparison to Heavy bolters, a HB can kill 3 men with no easy way to avoid it, BUT a plasma cannon is easy to avoid, so that it only hits one person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear you like it because I am actually thinking of collecting this one. I know what you mean about the plasma cannons, it really is a toss up between them and heavy bolters, but 1 hit with plasma is going to do more damage to MEQs and TEQs than 3 heavy bolter hits, and I already have the exterminators for the 4+ and worse saves. There is also the fear factor for anything that has paid for a 2+ save when a tank has all AP2 weapons.

But again, thank you for commenting. It's a problem i have with librarium that very few people respond to my lists for some reason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid_IBM View Post
    But again, thank you for commenting. It's a problem i have with librarium that very few people respond to my lists for some reason
    I know the feeling very well.:sleep:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm, the exterminators only have 14 shots each per turn, not twenty. How did you come up with that number?

For my demolishers, I always take hull HB and plasma cannon sponsons, gives me some antiterminator at a better range than the demo cannon. Plus, your only other antiterminator would be your lascannons, and those russes would be better spent firing at squad of regular marines.

Another thing, your tanks are quite expensive. 204 for a troop choice? Thats your cheapest unit. For just 210 (i believe) your opponent can take two 5 man tac squads with a lascannon. Ace gunners is sometimes useful, the only thing I ever use it on is my exterminators. With your regular russes, you will generally be firing the battlecannon anyway, and rerolling the scatter die isnt too appealing. Also, if range isnt a factor, look into Anti-tank rounds instead of Vanquishers. they do the exact same thing, just for a little cheaper.

The other thing you could do: Drop the lascannons for heavy bolters and give every regular russ Anti-tank rounds. They work so much better. I would honestly drop Ace Gunners on everything except the Exterminators and MAYBE the vanqs. Drop a few more upgrades, you can take a russ, or just take allied inquisitorial stormies and DS them or Infiltrate. Your list, but in 2k with only 8 tanks, it seems like it'll go down very easily. Think about it this way: Your army has 8 single wound models. With no save. Sure, theyre tough, but one shot will still bring one down. Additionally, this is still guard! and guard means numbers. So beef up in the numbers, not the upgrades.
    How many guardsmen does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    None, their lasguns work fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm, the exterminators only have 14 shots each per turn, not twenty. How did you come up with that number?
    My bad. I was tired when i posted that.

look into Anti-tank rounds instead of Vanquishers. they do the exact same thing, just for a little cheaper.
    Not exactly, you cannot move and fire AT rounds on the same turn. There is no such restriction on the vanquisher.

Ill think about the other points some and then comment again because I am actually thinking about collecting this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you have enough anti tank without the demolishers I would change them out for basalisks that way you will be sure to hit something in the first round when your enemy is hideing everything. And you have tanks that dont have to ever expose themselfs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Record with my Necrons
    W:2 D:0 L:0
    2st game: vs Chaos result: Win :p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like

I like your list.

My AC list has demolishers costing the same price as lemans, I think the AC list replaces the IG list for this. If anyone knows for sure please let me know.

The limited range of the demolisher should not be considered a disadvantage in my opinion because you need to take objectives, this almost always involves getting close. Also the high side armor is nice.

I realise move and shoot is nice, but for the extra points I am personally inclined to go with the regular Lemans for now. I will play test this a bit then maybe reconsider.

I think las, plas on the demolisher is a waste, the main cannon is already ap2. Buy improved sponsons and put the plas on the lemans which only have ap 3 cannons. (if you buy anti tank round instead of a vanq you can also put plas on your Ace tank units as well.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked and you are right, for AC lists the demolisher base cost is the same as the battle tank. I only clearly read the rules for tanks that were not in the IG codex, and only lightly skimmed over the tanks that are because I already knew all about them(or so i thought). Anyways, nice to have another 20 points to play with.

Hows this for an idea, find another 10 points to trim and overcharge the engines on the demolishers? It would be like having a fast vehicle on an open road. Or are spec equipment doctrines in ACs like regular infantry companies where if you take it, you take it for everyone? I don't see the rule specifically mentioned in the AC rules, but I prolly just missed it.

I realise move and shoot is nice, but for the extra points I am personally inclined to go with the regular Lemans for now. I will play test this a bit then maybe reconsider.
    The reason I favor the vanquisher over Lemans W/ AT rounds is because enemy tanks will not be inclined to remain in LOS of a tank with AT rounds, so being able to fire on the move seems essential to me.

I think las, plas on the demolisher is a waste, the main cannon is already ap2
    Lascannon can hit from 2x the range of a demo cannon, plasma can hit from 1.5x the range. It's not that uncommon to get immobilised, and once you do you can forget about hitting anything with the demo cannon.
    what do you call a lasgun with a laser sight?

twin linked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shoot always...

personally I don't like anything that prevents you from shooting. 24' is far enough to start shooting against most armies on turn 1. few deploy so deeply that you have to go 2 turns to root them out....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast