400pt Combat Patrol, Afriel Strain - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    A Land Down Under...
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

400pt Combat Patrol, Afriel Strain

Back in the Aussie White Dwaf of March 2005 the rules for taking abhuman doctrines were published. Amongst them were the rules for Afriel Strain troopers, a force of genetically modified super soldiers. The project was eventually shut down by the Inquisition but there are members of the Adeptus Mechanicus and Adeptus Biologis who still make use of these super warriors...

Abhumans-Afriel Strain*. (+10 pts per GI unit. Unit recieves And They Shall Know No Fear. All Enemies count the Afriel as preferred enemy)
    Close Order Drill
    Sharp Shooters
    Tech Priest Enginseers

*The rules required you to take up a doctrine point to gain access to the Abhumans, then you had to spend another to select your doctrine.

Combat Patrol

Command HQ
    Junior Officer (Bolter, Power Weapon), Missile Launcher, Afriel Strain, Sharp Shooters

Infantry Squad
    Veteran Sargaent (Bolter), Missile Launcher, Grenade Launcher, Afriel Strain, Sharp Shooters

Infantry Squad
    Veteran Sargaent (Bolter), Missile Launcher, Grenade Launcher, Afriel Strain, Sharp Shooters

Tech Priest Enginseer
    2 Heavy Bolter Servitors

396 points.

So I get 28 models. 3 BS 3 missile launchers, 2 BS 4 Heavy Bolters, 2 BS 3 Grenade Launchers and a fair few lasgun shots. Keeping in mind all the BS 3 shots are re-rollable It's an all comer's list cause it's intended for a combat patrol mini tournament coming up in the next month or so.
    Basic strategy is set up making use of cover as much as possible and make them come to me.

C&C is more than welcome. For fluff reasons I want to keep the Tech Priest in there and his 2 servitors add some accurate fire power to the force.
    So what do we think?

I dreamed you had left my side
    No warmth not even pride remained
    And even though you needed me
    It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

13 (x1)

I'm sorry for not posting sooner, I usually try to catch those ones that nobody is responding too, but I somehow missed this one.

The veteran sergeant is unneeded. Your officer will provide the same ld as the sergeant. The bolter is nice, but not worth paying for a vet sgt just to get it.

The junior officer should take a bolt pistol, not a bolter. The extra attack with a power weapon is worth more than a bolter shot or 2.

The servators are alright, but they will have to make their points back before close combat or else they are just expensive wounds for the techpriest. They will need the best cover, as they are very easy to kill for thier points cost.

The command squad might be better to take special weapons instead of a heavy weapon. That way the officer with the power weapon can move so that he fights in cc before the troops do, keepoing thier weapons firing longer and getting the power weapon in sooner.

+ Reply to Thread