1500 -Daemonhunter - balanced - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 -Daemonhunter - balanced

I fought against space marines and chaos with a list with small units and was a puritain force of only grey knights.
    I won (only just), but found that it needed some changes.
    I came up with the following list:

1 Brother-Captain
    Targeter, frag grenades
    retinue: 4 terminators with 1 incin1erator
    total: 262

Inquisitor
    Psycannon, Targeter
    retinue: 3 gun servitors with 3 multi-melta's
    1 sage
    Total: 166

3 Death-cult assassins
    total: 120

Callidus temple assassin

6 Grey Knights with 1 incinerator
    1 justicar with targeter
    total: 211

1 justicar with targeter

Armoured Fist Squad
    1 sergeant, CC-weapon, laspistol
    9 guardsmen, lasguns, heavy bolter
    transport: chimera with multi-laser and heavy flamer
    total: 155

Land Raider Crusader
    total: 255

I think this list will do okay, but I'd like to hear soem advice from my fellow DH players:yes:
    Plz bear in mind that my most common enemy (9 out of 10) is playing space marines/imperial guard

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlazer View Post
    1 Brother-Captain
    Targeter, frag grenades
    retinue: 4 terminators with 1 incin1erator
    total: 262
    Unfortunately frag grenades are a no-no on units in Terminator armour -- take another look at the top of the wargear section, and note that there's no * next to frag grenades =(.

Inquisitor
    Psycannon, Targeter
    retinue: 3 gun servitors with 3 multi-melta's
    1 sage
    Total: 166
    The real problem with Multi-melta servitors is that there's just about zero chance an opponent will let his vehicles get near them -- they've gotta be at 12" before they get the extra d6 on the AP roll, and even 24" you're not too likely to be hitting what you need to be. Plus, they're heavy weapons, so you can't even move and shoot 'em. Generally firebase Inquisitor squads work better with Heavy-Bolters and a Plasma Cannon (with 2 sages to help prevent overheating). Still, if you're set on using the MM's, I'd suggest making one of them a Plasma Cannon. It's shares a similar role, yet can do a decent job against troops, if no vehicles are in range. Also, there's the fact that if you your opponent does decide to roll his valuable vehicle in range of this unit, then 1-2 MM's should be plenty to take care of it. *Shrugs* your call, of course. These Inquisitor firebase units are darned awesome. Just think how much damage you'd be inflicting with 2 Heavy-Bolters, a Psycannon, and a Plasma Cannon -- particularly against IG!

3 Death-cult assassins
    Hmmm, I'm not a huge fan of these guys, as I'd rather have more GK's, but if you like em, go for it!

Callidus temple assassin
    Coo.

1 justicar with targeter

1 justicar with targeter
    Unless you're playing Cities of Death, special weapons are generally a waste in Grey Knight squads -- particularly troops squads. The reason being, you're going to be foot-slogging at least one of these units (both if you don't stick one in the LRC), so it's not terribly likely you'll actually get to hit anything with it before you're in close combat. The way to look at it is this: Which will do more damage, a stormbolter that can be fired on the move each turn as you advance, or one shot with an incinerator, which will probably have less-than-optimal placement? There's also the fact that after that one possible shot with the incinerator, you're going to be in close combat. At which point that Grey Knight will fight like a (to quote number6) "bog-standard" space marine (are bogs really that standard?). One that you paid 35 points for! The main places an incinerator can be worthwhile is for a unit in a transport, or in a fast-attack deep-striking squad, where you've got a chance to get really good template placement.

Armoured Fist Squad
    1 sergeant, CC-weapon, laspistol
    9 guardsmen, lasguns, heavy bolter
    transport: chimera with multi-laser and heavy flamer
    total: 155
    Looks good, though I might suggest a Lascannon instead of the HB in the squad, since AF squads are one of the few places us DH players can get 'em. Also, I'd suggest adding smoke and extra armour to the transport, and swapping the heavy flamer for a heavy-bolter. This is more of a fire support squad, so the HB will be a better choice than the flamer, which will more than likely never get to fire if you're keeping these guys back to do what they do best. Again, your call.

Land Raider Crusader
    total: 255
    Some are vehemently opposed to these. I think they're nifty, if a little dicey to employ. If you like it, rock on =). If you're playing mainly SM / IG a lot, I'd recommend looking into an Inquisitorial Storm Trooper squad with Plasma guns. A 10-strong squad is pretty darn cheap, and their standard weapons will do a decent job tearing through the Guardsmen's cardboard armour. The plasmas will obviously do bad things to any SM unit, so... you know... that's always fun .

Hopefully some of that was helpful. I'm just giving you my opinion, so feel free to take it or leave it.

Cheers, and good luck!

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

Hasten is correct on most of what i read. (ill admit i didnt read it all) but id like to see you have maybe fuller PAGK squads.

also not sure if he stated this, but man, in 1500pts, the only tank busting weapon you have is the LRC's multi-melta. not good enough if you ask me.

why did i not count the squad of three multi-melta servitors you ask? read what hasten had to say, and that is why i did not count that. if i were a Shooting army, or a tank heavy army, and saw my opponent with three multi-melta servitors, i would laugh, and just avoid them, they are not nearly good enough as servitors, and easily killed. On other things they are better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Yeah, your army is very elitist (in the sense that you dont really have a strong core)
    Basically you have nothing to take down vehicles and you have hardly any scoring units, of which most are very small.

There is nothing wrong with this if you only want to have fun, but that fun wont come from winning very often.

Think about what you will face.. fortunately you play against SM and IG..
    but then again my IG army would have about 6 lascannons shooting at your LRC and 6 autocannons at your chimera. Then all 6 heavy bolters would finish the rest off as you oh so slowly crumble towards my fire base. Thats not mentioning the 60 lasguns, russ and hellhound.
    And then most SM would have a Devastator squad and all their tanks that you cant take down.
    And those two would be the easier armies to face.. lets not mention the Tau or Eldar.

For me at least, I wouldnt use either Terminators or a LR until it was a 2k or 2.5k army list.

Death cult are cool and usefull if used with your army correctly, otherwise they get wasted. They wont generally make their points back, but will be worth every point if used wisely.

GK squads should be at least 7gk+justicar strong.
    No need for incinerators (as already discussed)

And as already stated.. the guard do two things in particular for the DH's, one is numbers and the 2nd is lascannons (h/weapons). So if possible give it to them, specially in this army.
    If your not wanting to do that I would recommend getting some Dreads with TLLC/ML.

+ Reply to Thread