Space wolf HQ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Space wolf HQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space wolf HQ

Hi guys
    though mabye someone could help me,im thinking about a hq choice for my space wolves army,any suggestion?:shifty:

If 4 out of 5 people suffer from constapation,does that mean 1 person enjoys it? :o

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well since every 750 pts you'll be needing another HQ what do you want to do with you're HQ?

First off, how many points do you want? You can build a group of HQ's to work in sync with each other.

If it's just one, do you want physic powers or do you want something simple cheep and generic? Or would you rather take an inv dread?

Give us some more information on what you want him to accomplish and you'll get better and more helpful answers.
    |T|O|O|-|L|A|Z|Y|-my anti-drug

The rep button () is your friend!

Be off-topic and visit www.theopia.com

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Hi Nighthawks. Welcome to LO(haven't seen you around yet).
    I can tell you what I take with my space wolves and why. Perhaps that can help you decide.
    My space wolves are mechanized: All rhinos, and vehicles.(a little background to theme)
    My First HQ slot is the Venerable dreadnaught with assault cannon. Ven dreads are a very solid choice. They are really tough, don't take an elites slot for the dread. The assault cannon gives him great versatility. High WS and BS = great. A little on the pricy side but still in reason. I give him extra armor and smoke to be safe(small points for good effect.
    Overall a wonderful choice for assault support and shooty support.

My second HQ slot goes to the rune priest. Storm caller is by far the most handy Psychic power Marines have(IMO) and once you figure out how to use it effectively you will use it EVERY turn. From mobile cover, to hull down. THis psychic power is excellent.
    Wargear for him is Wolf tooth necklace, Belt of Russ, and Frost blade, and a bolt pistol. (build up from there)

My third HQ slot goes to the Wolf priest. Cheap, effective and has an invul. Hands down the "best buy" for the army HQs.

Everything else goes to Wolf guard Battle leaders. I dont' take a wolf lord because they are too costly (IMO) for the extra wound, the WGBLs can do just about everything that the WL can do.

Remember that HQs are excellent support choices for the rest of your army. Just because my personal order of preference is in this order doesn't mean yours HAVE to be.

Hope this helps.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

I'd recommend the Ven. Dread. as well. Equip it with the Ass. Can. as its BS is simply too awesome to waste on a single shot type weapon.

Wolf Priest is my next favorite because of how it is equipped. Look at all the others, they all require equipping. To similarly equip a WGBL (has a similar stat line, save the lower Ld.)such that it emulates a WP costs 6pts. more. Seems small, but there it is. Rune Priests are cool for Storm Caller, but it's a toss up with using a WGBL.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm,thats good advice,i think mabye im going to go with rune priest i recon i could use Storm caller to good effect,should i give him terminator armour thought?or would that be a waste?,oh and sorry i havent been around theyak,been kinda busy revising for tests and stuff.Ill try visit LO when i can

thanks guys
    Last edited by Nighthawks; June 15th, 2007 at 04:20.
    If 4 out of 5 people suffer from constapation,does that mean 1 person enjoys it? :o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Runes priests are INSANE! Take one with a blood claw unit and run at the enemy in the cover of your storm caller. Insanely good, you may loose a few, but thats what 15 man units are for eh?

-J

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well,i think im going for a rune priest w/ thunder hammer,bolt pistol
    Wolf Helm Of Russ and w9olf tooth necklace,any good?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawks View Post
    well,i think im going for a rune priest w/ thunder hammer,bolt pistol
    Wolf Helm Of Russ and w9olf tooth necklace,any good?
    Hi Nighthawks, So, I have one comment, one which will undoubtably catch the eye of some other Space marine players who disagree, but on any special characters, I tend to discourage people from taking powerfists/thunderhammers. Mainly because by taking this piece of wargear, you are making waste to one of the fundamental qualities of the characters that make them so good: their initiative. Hammers/fists drop your initiative to last(and no storm caller's cover doesn't allow you to strike first), while this IS exchanged by the fact that you can hurt anything in the game, I would suggest leaving it to the wolfguard(since its cheaper that way too). Frost blades are excellent because they grant you a bonus AND you get to use that awesome initiative.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frost blade it is
    for my rune priest im gonna do one of my favorite past times,converting! im gonna put ulrik the slayer's head on chaplain cassius' body<removing ultramarine logos ofcourse>then im gonna swap his left arm for a space marine veteran weapon,then for the frost blade gonna cut out the Crosius and swap it for the emperor's chapion sword,should look awsome,ill post some pics as soon as possible after finishing my wolf army
    Last edited by Nighthawks; June 16th, 2007 at 18:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

Frost Blades have to be one of the best close combat weapons a Loyal HQ can have. I would be tempted to give it to all the HQ's (except the Ven. Dread of course).

Really you need to make shure that your HQ compliments your army. All the HQ's can be used in different ways to compliment different armies. It would be benificial to know what you plan on fielding, and how many points you are using.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

+ Reply to Thread