1500 Combat Teams List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Combat Teams List

It may be because I am new to Space Marines, but from the fluff perspective I like the idea of tactical squads operating in full squads of ten or combat teams of five. So I built a list around that.

Any comments and suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

See But Don’t Be Seen, Cleanse and Purify

Eye to Eye, Faithful Unto Death

HQ 370
    Master -Terminator Armor -Stormbolter -Power Weapon

Terminator Command Squad
    Sergeant and 4 Terminators -Chainfist -Cyclone Launcher

-Assault Cannon

Elites 163
    Venerable Dreadnaught -Extra Armor -Smoke -Drop Pod

Troops 560
    Scout Squad

Sergeant and 4 Scouts with Bolters -Heavy Bolter

Scout Squad

Tactical Squad

Sergeant -Terminator Honors -Powerfist

4 Marines -2 Meltaguns

Infiltrate

Tactical Squad

Tactical Squad

-2 Plasma Guns

Fast Attack 244
    Assault Squad

Sergeant and 5 Marines -Meltabombs

Attack Bike Squadron

2 Attack Bikes

Heavy Support 163
    Vindicator -Extra Armor -Smoke -Power of the Machine Spirit

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

I don't think your list is quite clear. When you mention "scout squad" or "tac squad" then I'm assuming they all look the same (ie, 4 bolter/1 HB scouts, and PF Sgt/2 MG 5-man tac squads)? Except for the one with 2 plasma guns? Are any of them 10-man squads?

I'm also not sure how you mean you're using the "combat teams" when you're putting more than one special or heavy weapon in a 5-man squad. The new rules from the DA/BA lists don't allow that. What was your intent?

If you're wanting to prepare your army list for what most folks are presuming will come with the next revision of the basic SM codex, then you'll want to shape your list around the new DA rules. Take 10 man squads with either 2 special weapons (I'm assuming GW won't get rid of the traits system) or one heavy and one special weapon, that can be broken into 2 5-man units with no more than one special/heavy weapon in each.

In other words, you can have a 10-man squad with 2 melta-guns and a Vet Sgt, but if you split them into combat squads, you have to put one of the melta-guns into each combat squad. Keep in mind that under the DA/BA rules, the vet sgt's leadership can only apply to the combat squad that he accompanies. Also, his equipment (in particular, the powerfist) becomes much more expensive.

All this is assuming, of course, that GW goes the way it has in the past and assimilates chapter-codex rules into its basic SM codex when it comes due for a new revision. It could be that the DA/BA "combat squads" rules will remain unique to those chapters. Time will tell.
    4 bionic bitz for Og "Da Boss" Grotstompa
    40 grots stomped
    400 boyz killed in action
    4000 light years of "Ere we go, Ere we go, Ere we Go" without a break
    $40K spent on GW

I'm a SM commander with about 20 service studs in my head.

+ Reply to Thread