2500 points, bigger than im used to - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 points, bigger than im used to

hey yall, im writing a list for a house campaign this summer and im wondering if anyone ahs some pointers for writing a list this large.

grandmaster (teleporting)
    sacred incense
    mastercrafted NFW
    holocaust
    5 termie retinue
    1 incinerator
    435 pts

9 pagk
    justicar
    telepot homer
    landraider crusader w/smoke
    543 pts

7 stormtroopers
    2 melta guns
    rhino
    140 pts

6 FAGK
    justicar
    200 pts

2 dreadnaughts, both with lascannon, xtra armour and smoke
    276 pts

imp guard platoon
    2 squads with lascannons
    1 squad with plasma gun, vet sarge w/ plasma pistol
    command squad with two melta guns
    316 pts

armoured fist squad
    heavy bolter
    chimaera w/ hv bolter sponsons
    155 pts

leman russ
    lascannon
    heavy bolter sponsons

priest with rosarius 65

6 arco flaggelants 210

2500 exactly

thoughts? comments? insults?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Are you allowed to induct imperial guard and use sisters in the same list?

The flagellants will be easily gunned down in a large game like this. Drop them and the preist for another FAGK squad. They will achieve about the same in combat and shoot plenty in the opening turns.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

The list has potential, but currently it's illegal. Land raiders cannot be bought as dedicated transports, so they take up a heavy support slot when purchased. So if you want it, you must dump one of the dreadnoughts or the leman russ.

Also, you should even out your GK squads; make 'em 8 each so you don't have to worry about how you use them. They'll all be equally good at any task you set them to. You'll want that flexibility. Besides, GKs attract a lot of enemy fire, and keeping squads too small risks getting them too small too quickly, losing scoring unit status, even losing assaults and taking automatic wounds 'cause they're fearless.

Finally, I'd favor lascannons and missile launchers over heavy bolters -- or any other heavy weapon option -- for all your inducted troops. Let your GKs handle infantry, that's what they're best at. Let the IG handle the heavy weaponry and anti-tank tacitcs, that's what they're best at. To that end, I'd drop the TLLCs on the dread(s) you have in favor of the assault cannon. Besides, that weapon matches the tactics you should have in mind when keeping the nasty DCCW arm in place.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really i just had the arcos cuz theyre cool and a wanted to use them so no problem dropping those.

do you think i should drop a dread then? i dont want to lose the russ or the LRC but im hesitant to take a single dread in such a big list.

other than that, switch the guard to tank killing and switch DH stuff to troop killing right?

the campaign this is gunna be used for (which is in danger of falling apart, because its kinda ambitious for my group) involves taking 10,000 points and dividing it up between as many lists as we like. we then have a map that we move our 'fleets' from planet to planet, the idea being theres more strategy involved in positioning our troops than a normal game would require. i decided to sink a quarter of my points into one list, so the chances of running into another list this size are slim. my hope was to sweep a smaller army as fast as possible and take as few caualties as possible without being overtly cheesy. just some background for future posters.
    thanks a bunch btw.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

If you want to keep the dreads and the Russ you can always swap the LRC for a LR and buy a cheap & cheerful inquisitor with retinue and get the LR as his dedicated transport. But, this would be a dedicated transport LR and so the PAGK squad couldn't use it.

If you drop one of the dreads why not spend the points on 3 sentinels with lascannon. They cost 165 points so drop halaucaust and mastercrafted from the GM. They have more firepower and even though the armour is weaker, because there are three of them they are better protected than a single AV12 dread. You also get the scout rule which is very useful for escalation battles and for ducking behind cover if your opponent rolls first turn.

+ Reply to Thread