New BA 1500 Point List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

New BA 1500 Point List

This is for my own subchapter, the Azure Prophets (most call them the Blue Angels.)

HQ -
    Chaplain Lemartes (custom model for my own chapter)

Elite -
    Death Company - 4 man with Jump Packs

Troops -
    Tactical Squad - 10 man w/Plasmagun, Powerfist, Rhino w/ Extra Armor
    Tactical Squad - 10 man w/Meltagun, Powerfist, Rhino w/ Extra Armor
    Assault Squad - 10 man w/Powerfist

Fast Attack -
    Land Speeder x3 - Multi-melta

Heavy Support -
    Baal Predator - HB Sponsons and Extra Armor
    Vindicator - Extra Armor

The theme is mechanised so I won't use any foot sloggers. I'm also steering away from the "looky 50 Assault marines list." I want it to be only a self contained company w/, maybe, some 1st or 10th company support. This means no more than 20 assault marines (including land speeders and bikes.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

The pred and the vindicator don't really need the extra armour. An extra death company might prove more useful.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I think I'll go ahead and swith the Extra Armor for another death company soldier.
    I think at 1750 I'll add an honor guard with two plasma guns and a sanguiary priest mounted on a Razorback. Any ideas?
    'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about dropping the Extra Armor off of your tanks; while another man in the Death Company is nice to have, I have found Extra Armor to be a great tool that almost needs to be put on every vehicle. With it you get a turn that you would normally lose to stunned results to move out of the line of fire, maybe finding some cover to wait out for next turn, or to use the vehicle to advance for the next turns shooting; you could probably even tank shock with it if the situation was right.
    Duty is as heavy as a mountain, but Death as light as a feather; only in Death does Duty end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x5)

I too put extra armour on about every vehicle I have but in the new BA (and DA for that matter) codex I'd reconsider how much it's needed with the higher price. I'd still add it to transports but on Predators I have my doubts.

Tai'shar

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

this could get fun.

In my opinion the extra armor is worth it on the predator and vindicator cause you're going to need those to move and shoot, rearrange to avoid flank and rear shots, etc. Plus, they cost a lot more and are your heavy support.

A rhino (especially a BA rhino) is super cheap. All it has to do is move forward 12" pop smoke and unload it's guys. It really won't last much longer in my experience. Now it can continue to block line of site and tank charge and do all kinds of other annoying things but any opponent can blow away a rhino if he wants to. All he needs is a 3 on a str9 shot and he's rolling on the penetration chart (which extra armor won't help much) so15pts is almost worth it on the big stuff you need to stick around, but not on the 40-50pt transport that wont be around next turn if it makes itself useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buckero0 View Post
    A rhino (especially a BA rhino) is super cheap. All it has to do is move forward 12" pop smoke and unload it's guys. It really won't last much longer in my experience. Now it can continue to block line of site and tank charge and do all kinds of other annoying things but any opponent can blow away a rhino if he wants to. All he needs is a 3 on a str9 shot and he's rolling on the penetration chart (which extra armor won't help much) so15pts is almost worth it on the big stuff you need to stick around, but not on the 40-50pt transport that wont be around next turn if it makes itself useful.
    True, but if you keep the men inside and pop smoke, while you have Extra Armor, then you don't have to worry about the Penetrating Hit table and can get another turn to move and deploy the marines inside even further afield. I have run two eight man, twin Plasmagun, units in Rhinos in my DiY Marine army and two turns of zipping across the field really help me get where I need to go.
    Duty is as heavy as a mountain, but Death as light as a feather; only in Death does Duty end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

The few times i've used rhinos (before this list) the extra armor just comes in too handy. If you don't get first turn their sitting ducks and a lucky stun means that your squad just wasted it's time showing up if the rhino is ready. The tanks I can see doing without the armor. The main problem comes with the vindicator going without and only having a single hull weapon. Fast armies can easily avoid being targets if the tank can't move. The pred. is a toss up but with it having over charged engines i'm inclined to take the armor so I'm not certain.
    'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x5)

Good points all.

On transports it's indeed a big raise (50% for Rhino's) but as Wildonion pointed out, you can be very sorry when you get stunned. Maybe it's best to let it depend on the purpose of the unit. If you got a mechanized army in which your transports stand central, extra armour is very much worth it. If it's just a tool to give that flamer or melta combat squad a bit more manoeuvrability but isn't central to your army you could consider to save on the points.

As for tanks, you don't need them to move as much as transports but if you happen to have the points left it's a useful investment to save a pricey vehicle.
    Librisrouge, you're right that for Vindicators with their single hull weapon it's needed to be able to turn to shoot at the enemy. On the other hand, it does require you to take the power of the Machine Spirit too: extra armour can let you turn but you still can't shoot when you're Shaken, unless you have the Power. And in the new BA codex Vindicators cannot take the power of the Machine Spirit, so the plan fails.

Tai'shar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I had forgotten that that isn't an option anymore. I used to take it all the time on vindicators. Extra armor might not be worth it anymore though. I just don't know why they tripled the point costs. A simple double would have stopped it from being an automatic on all vehicles but now it's a "if I kinda feel like it but probably not" upgrade.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast