750pt Space Marine List. Advice Appreciated - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750pt Space Marine List. Advice Appreciated

Hey all,

New to the Forums I figured what better way to start my career here than with my first Army List. Relatively new 40k player that got into it with a friend who is a long-timer. Without further ado.. let me know what you think.

HQ
    Codicier
    (Master Crafted) Force Weapon
    Lightning Claw
    Psychic Hood
    Might of Heroes

Command Squad:
    Sergeant
    Bolt Pistol/CCW
    x5 Marines
    x1 Meltagun

----

Tac Squad
    Sergeant
    Bolter
    Term Honours
    Lightning Claw
    x5 Marines
    x1 Meltagun

Scout Squad
    x5 Scouts
    x4 Sniper Rifles
    x1 Missle Launcher

----

Assault Squad

Sergeant
    x5 Marines
    x1 w/Plasma Pistol/CCW

Sergeant
    x5 Marines
    x1 w/Plasma Pistol/CCW

----------------------------------

I'm playing Tyranids, they are built currently mostly shooty (DevilFex, Warriors with Barbed Stranglers etc...)

Any ideas on changes to the Army, tactics, would be appreciated. I don't have a Dreadnought yet, it's in the mail. Same with Rhino.

Thanks!
    Josh

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a question on the Librarian with the Lightning Claw/Power Weapon combo...

As I read them.. the Lightning Claw lets me rerolled failed wounds.. and the power weapon lets me kill the enemy outright on a wound.. IF I pass the psycher test of course...

Now do you have to roll those attacks separately, or is it done as one large combat? As I have played it, my Librarian charging gets 5 attacks (3 base, 1 for charging, 1 for additional hand-to-hand weapon) and any of those Wounds that miss, I reroll. If I then pass the psycher test, he kills the enemy outright.

Is that right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JChace029 View Post
    Here is a question on the Librarian with the Lightning Claw/Power Weapon combo...

As I read them.. the Lightning Claw lets me rerolled failed wounds.. and the power weapon lets me kill the enemy outright on a wound.. IF I pass the psycher test of course...

Now do you have to roll those attacks separately, or is it done as one large combat? As I have played it, my Librarian charging gets 5 attacks (3 base, 1 for charging, 1 for additional hand-to-hand weapon) and any of those Wounds that miss, I reroll. If I then pass the psycher test, he kills the enemy outright.

Is that right?
    I'm pretty sure it's one or the other.

Also remember that you only get the additional attack if BOTH weapons are lightning claws.
    Black Templar (3000)
    Imperial Guard (1500 and growing)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chinnfrequent View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's one or the other.

Also remember that you only get the additional attack if BOTH weapons are lightning claws.
    no, I'm pretty sure he gets the extra attack because he has 2 ccw's a lightning claw and force weapon.

but he does not get to re roll wounds, that's only if he has 2 lightning claws

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Nope, the rules for lightning claws specifically state that you only get the +1 attack bonus if you use them in a pair.

Also, you can't use both weapon profiles in the same round of combat, unless you're playing with house rules; in other words, you can choose to use either the force weapon or the lightning claw, but not both at the same time.

And that's a lot of points to sink into a single character at a limit of 750.

Take a stripped down libby with just his standard equipment and a bolt pistol. If you give him any extras, either give him an iron halo or put him in terminator armor for the extra protection. You will want to protect your investment, so to speak. Especially against tyranids!

Good luck. I'm still trying to figure out how to get a decent DA army out of so few points--now that all their point costs have gone up so much!
    4 bionic bitz for Og "Da Boss" Grotstompa
    40 grots stomped
    400 boyz killed in action
    4000 light years of "Ere we go, Ere we go, Ere we Go" without a break
    $40K spent on GW

I'm a SM commander with about 20 service studs in my head.

+ Reply to Thread