All comers Space Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All comers Space Wolves

How do you rate this army can i improve it? What suggestions do you recommend, should i remove some heavy weapons for more Grey Hunters?

Space Wolves 2490pts

HQ @ 857pts
    Ven Dread, Assault Cannon, StormBolter, Extra Armour in Drop Pod = 196 pts

Wolf Guard Battle Leader w/Frostblade & Bolt Pistol = 81pts, w/4 x Wolf Guard Bodyguards w/Bolters in Drop Pods (True Grit) =134pts

Rune Priest, with Frost Blade, Bolt Pistol, Storm Caller, Belt of Russ, w/Marine Bike =161pts

Wolf Lord, Terminator Armour, Frostblade & Plasma Pistol = 106pts

Elites @ 327pts
    6 Wolf Scouts, 1w/plasma Gun, 2w/Plasma Pistol &
    CCW, 2w/Bolt Pistols & Power Weapons, 1w/Bolter =141pts and 1 Wolf Guard Pack Leader, w/Combi Bolter & Plasma Gun, (True Grit), (operate behind enemy lines) = 40pts

Dreadnought (Codex Space Marines), Assault Cannon, StormBolter, Extra Armour in Drop Pod =146pts

Troops @ 725pts
    14 Blood Claws, 2w/Power Weapons & Bolt Pistols, 1 Power Fist & Bolt Pistol, 1w/Flamer, 12w/Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapons, Frag Grenades.=203pts

(These guys will be with the WL in the Land Raider Crusader)

2x8 Grey Hunters, 2w/Power Fist & Bolt Pistols, 1w/Melta Gun & 5w/Bolters (True Grit) in Drop Pods = 260 pts
    2x8 Grey Hunters, 2w/Power Fist & Bolt Pistols, 1w/Plasma Gun & 5w/Bolters (True Grit) in Drop Pods = 262 pts

Fast Attack @ 160pts
    Tornado Speeder with
    AC, HB = 80pts
    Tornado Speeder with
    AC, HB = 80pts

Heavy Support @ 589pts
    Predator Annihilator w/Turret Mounted TL Las Cannon, Two Side Sponsons w/Heavy Bolter, Smoke Launcher =133pts

Leman Russ Exterminator Tank w/Turret Mounted TL AutoCannon, w/Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter, w/Two side Sponsons w/Heavy Bolter, Smoke Lanucher.=198pts

Land Raider Crusader w/Hull Mounted TL Assault Cannon, w/ Hull Mounted Multi Melta & pair of Sponson mounted Hurricane Bolters w/3 x TL Bolters, incl. Extra Armour =265pts

(Its job is to deliver Blood Claws & Wolf Guard Battle Leader safely into the enemy line, keeping the whole lot safe is the Rune Priest keeping up on the Bike)

Never give up, Never surrender

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this army list strong or should i remove one of the tanks (which one?) and add 1 x 8 Grey Hunters or even 2 x 8 Grey Hunters or instead of these more Blood Claw units 2 x 8 instead of one of the tanks?.................what do vets suggest?

Also is having the Second weapon on the Dread Heavy flamer a good idea?

What recommendations would you make. Is the army strong enough in man power?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

It's not a large army but I wouldn't worry about the numbers.
    A heavy flamer suits podded dreads very well.
    For the rest I do see three issues.

First is that the Wolf Lord takes in place for two with his TDA so you'll have to drop one blood claw to make room in the LRC. Btw, you seem to have forgotten to edit the note beneath the LRC entry.

Second is that while drop pods work great your 'ground force' is very vulnerable. At the start of the game you only deploy 3 tanks. Now two of the three are among the sturdiest tanks in the game but they remain very vulnerable, the targets of every single anti-armour weapon the enemy can bring to bear upon them. So I'd stick to podding only 1 or 2 Grey Hunter packs, and give the rest Rhino's. Maybe let one of the Dreadnoughts start on the board as well.

Third is that the Wolf Guard bodyguard has little to no purpose or use. I'd just drop it. Have the WGBL join one of the rhino GH packs (another point towards giving them rhino's instead of pods).
    With the points freed from the bodyguard you could get a pack of Blood Claw bikes to accompany the Rune Priest, turning him in a full fledged kick-ass unit too.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good points above THEREFORE......

I have updated the list because at deployment my tanks will have a large arrow pointed at them saying shoot.....lol...since 90% are dropping...so i needed to divert attention away from them i have added biker squadron with the wolf priest these will be used to turboboost, and assault the opponent in the turn, where our troops disembark and prepare to charge. I think these the speeders, LRC, Tanks and maybe even the dreadmay not be dropped but deployed taking heat from the tanks and focusing it elsewhere....here goes (points yet to be confirmed aiming for 2500.)

HQ @ ?pts
    Ven Dread, Assault Cannon, StormBolter, Extra Armour in Drop Pod = 196 pts

Wolf Guard Battle Leader w/Frostblade & Bolt Pistol = 81pts Place with Blood Claws in LRC

Rune Priest, with Frost Blade, Bolt Pistol, Storm Caller, Belt of Russ, w/Marine Bike =161pts

Wolf Priest, Frostblade & Plasma Pistol w/Marine Bike placed with Biker squadron

Elites @ ?pts
    5 Wolf Scouts, 1w/plasma Gun, 2w/Plasma Pistol & CCW, 2w/Bolt Pistols & Power Weapons = ?pts and 1 Wolf Guard Pack Leader, w/Bolter (True Grit), (operate behind enemy lines) = 40pts

Dreadnought (Codex Space Marines), Assault Cannon, StormBolter, Extra Armour in Drop Pod =146pts

Troops @ 725pts
    14 Blood Claws, 2w/Power Weapons & Bolt Pistols, 1 Power Fist & Bolt Pistol, 1w/Flamer, 12w/Bolt Pistol & Close Combat Weapons, Frag Grenades.=203pts

(These guys will be with the WBGL in the Land Raider Crusader)

2x8 Grey Hunters, 2w/Power Fist & Bolt Pistols, 1w/Melta Gun & 5w/Bolters (True Grit) in Drop Pods = 260 pts
    2x8 Grey Hunters, 2w/Power Fist & Bolt Pistols, 1w/Plasma Gun & 5w/Bolters (True Grit) in Drop Pods = 262 pts

Fast Attack @ ?pts
    Tornado Speeder with AC, HB = 80pts
    Tornado Speeder with AC, HB = 80pts
    2 x 3 Blood Claw Bikers 540 pts

Heavy Support @ 589pts
    Predator Annihilator w/Turret Mounted TL Las Cannon, Two Side Sponsons w/Heavy Bolter, Smoke Launcher =133pts

Leman Russ Exterminator Tank w/Turret Mounted TL AutoCannon, w/Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter, w/Two side Sponsons w/Heavy Bolter, Smoke Lanucher.=198pts

Land Raider Crusader w/Hull Mounted TL Assault Cannon, w/ Hull Mounted Multi Melta & pair of Sponson mounted Hurricane Bolters w/3 x TL Bolters, incl. Extra Armour =265pts

(The Rune Priest on bike will ride behind storm calling)

ANY GOOD?
    Last edited by Fist of Fury; July 8th, 2007 at 19:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

If your going to use a wolf priest then there is no reason for him to be wielding a frost blade; he already starts with a power weapon for free. (And though the improved strength may be a good thing, thats the only benefit he gets from it as opposed to also getting a power weapon.)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll reconsider the wolf priest but i am really concious of the fact that against a Tyranid Army i will be vastly out numbered and against Eldar or Necron Armies out powered, SO i thought any bit of extra fire power the better.

As regards the overall list is it sound and able to be competative against Tyranid, Necron, Eldar armies?

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Two things about your Scout squad:

1) First, you need more "wounds" in there, without any special weapons. Maybe consider dropping a few weapons in there. As it is, it appears as though if you kill a single Scout, then you're getting rid of an expensive weapon with him.

2) Combi-Weapons don't count when using True Grit, only normal Bolters (and, for Grey Knights DH, Storm Bolters). Maybe consider a Power Fist instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    Two things about your Scout squad:

1) First, you need more "wounds" in there, without any special weapons. Maybe consider dropping a few weapons in there. As it is, it appears as though if you kill a single Scout, then you're getting rid of an expensive weapon with him.

2) Combi-Weapons don't count when using True Grit, only normal Bolters (and, for Grey Knights DH, Storm Bolters). Maybe consider a Power Fist instead.

As regards point one I feel that i need as much punch as possible as early as possible, if dices are not with me then this army is dead, but basically this type of mobile army is like that any way, I have tried to give the oppsoing general a headace because there are numerous targets 2 tanks, 2 speeders, Bikers Squadran, LRC, PODS and scouts behind them, there will be alot going on and no easy target.......I hope.....lol

As regards True Grit thanks i have removed combi weapon and replaced with Bolter, As regards the Grey Knights? do you mean Grey Hunters...I think these units pack a mean punch as is.

DO THINK i should rmov one tank or even two and replace with 1x8 GH or 2x8 Blood Claws both in Rhino's ? in order to boost troop numbers? or is army good as is?

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

No, I meant Grey Knights from the Daemon Hunters army list, sorry - they are the only models who can use True Grit with Storm Bolters, all other models with True Grit can only use naked Bolters. As for the rest of the army, can't really help. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any other Recommendations or suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast