1 Question & 3 500pts lists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which list of the 3 would you play?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • List 1: Dreadnought

6 66.67%
  • List 2: Purgation

1 11.11%
  • List 3: Terminators

2 22.22%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

1 Question & 3 500pts lists

Alright my question first, in higher point games you could, via terminators take 3 BCs and a Grandmaster?

Alright I know numbers are good thing especially at this points level, and especially with a pure GK force.

Alright first list, includes dreadnought:

Models 12

BC: 81
    Incinerator

2 x 5 GKs: 300

Dreadnought: 120
    Plasma Cannon

I think its explanatory I face necrons a lot, as well as marines, a plasma cannon as I used tonight with my witch hunters works quite well, but one that can move and fire would be real nice.

2nd List

Models 14

BC:

GK Purgation Squad 3: 140
    Psycannon & psycannon bolts on Justicar

I know its less models then could be had in another build but its more squads that my opponent has to shoot at.

3rd List:

Models 14

BC: 199
    Retinue 3 Terminators

People don't often have plasma at 500 and if they do, I have the invulnerable save. Originally the Dreadnought list was my favorite, but I do like terminators, and I know my opponents would hate them.

Which list would you play of the three?

Last edited by Pathofskulls; July 7th, 2007 at 08:46.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

At that point level I would take the first list, cause the dread would be nice if you need to kill an enemy tank.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

I agree with Lyzaru. The first list is the best, but I would probably drop the incinerator on him for something else. I'm assuming that he's going to be in one of the GK groups. You might also want to drop the BC for a Inquisitor Lord. 2 more wounds is always nice, although it comes at the cost of 1 str & toughness. You could give the Lord a psycannon and he would be 6 points less than the BC. This way, you could buy some extra armor for the Dreadnaught. Not to mention that you're not 1 point over anymore.

For the second list: You don't need to take the purgation squad. You're better off getting a regular GK squad because the psycannons are cheaper on them.

The last list would be my second choice. Terminators are hard to bring down, but a Dread can be even harder at a 500 point level. Vehicles would give you some trouble at this point level, but you wouldn't see very many at 500 points anyways.

-Spaar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

122 (x3)

You might also want to drop the BC for a Inquisitor Lord. 2 more wounds is always nice, although it comes at the cost of 1 str & toughness. You could give the Lord a psycannon and he would be 6 points less than the BC. This way, you could buy some extra armor for the Dreadnaught.
    If he doesnt take a grey knight hero he cant take a dread also the inquisitor lord needs a retinue of 3-12 so he would be just as many points or more once he gets a useful squad.

Only thing I would change in list 1 is to drop the incinerator for holocaust or you could master-craft your NFW.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Hmmm.... no one seems to have answered my question:

Alright my question first, in higher point games you could, via terminators take 3 BCs and a Grandmaster?
    I bet people started looking straight at the army list instead, especially with a poll that'd be the main topic of the post wouldn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

122 (x3)

the answer to your question is yes but only the GM is an IC the others are squad leaders.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

the answer to your question is yes but only the GM is an IC the others are squad leaders.
    Although this really doesn't fit on this section of the board for the moment, how do you model them? Do you just take regular terminators and make them slightly different to represent the squad leader. And for the GM do people just use the BC Stern Model?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Most people use the BC Stern Model for a GM. I use the old school GKT for my GM. The BC comes with the 5 man terminator box set. If you want to buy one he is a bit order. You will have to buy both arms and the body. Last year it cost me like $17 to bet a single BC model.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Alright making a slight change to the Purgation List, figured make it down here just to keep it clear. I like the goodie goodness of Dreadnoughts, but I really want to maximize the numbers of GK that I'm taking onto the field.

Models: 15

Brother Captain

2 x 5 PAGKs

Purgation Squad 4:
    incinerator

I know this lists lacks on the anti-tank, but the unless someone purposely takes something big, I'll still be able to pop most things with storm bolters.

My last opponent that I faced took scouts at 500pts, 2 squads of them. So I think the Incinerator could find some use here at this level. And just so that the brother captain doesn't get targeted as easily I'd stick him with the Purgation Squad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

As several people pointed out to me tonight, no matter how you go about it, there will always be some form of armour in the game, and it'll most likely be hard to take down.

The dreadnought list slighly reborn:

BC w/psycannon bolts

2 x 5 PAGKs

Dreadnought w/plasma cannon & missle launcher

Provides anti-meq/tank/daemons with the revisions and still has enough power to cut through most regular units.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast