2000pt pure GK list, friendly. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt pure GK list, friendly.

I'm thinking about this army to be my next army (currently playing black legion) and I am looking for a challenge.

Hq-Grand master with icon of the just, master crafted nemisis force weapon,holocaust,with 8 termie retinue with 2 incinerators. 593

Troops- 2x10 GKs with 2 psycannons 650

10Gks with psycannon incinerator 310

fast attack- 10 Gks with 2 incinerators 295

Heavy support- dreddie with lascannon and smoke+ extra armor 138pts

Total-1986

Too elite?

was thinking about dropping some more termies for second dreddie.

questions comments and concerns are appreciated.

Last edited by Superllama; July 13th, 2007 at 19:41.
    That's right, llamas can parachute.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

I don't think you have enough Anti-tank, nor will all those guns help. Psycannons on terminators are ok, but you really lose out on the regular GKs.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Superllama View Post
    Hq-Grand master with icon of the just, master crafted nemisis force weapon,holocaust,with 8 termie retinue with 2 incinerators. 593
    I'd stick with psycannons on GKTs instead of Incinerators. If you're planning on footslogging, you'll get, what, one round of sub-optimal template placement? Compare that to round after round of full-range psycannon goodness as they march across the board, and you'll see why most of us prefer psycannons on GKTs =). Also, the retinue can only get one upgraded weapon, so the other one must be on the GM. Take another look at his BS -- way too high to waste on a template weapon!

Troops- 2x10 GKs with 2 psycannons 650

10Gks with psycannon incinerator 310

fast attack- 10 Gks with 2 incinerators 295
    I definitely like the full squads, but the special weapons choices aren't the best choice you could make, methinks. First off, you don't want to mix-and-match the two, since they have radically different roles and optimal ranges. One incinerator on the fast attack squad if you plan to DS I can see the use in. Otherwise, you'll never really get to use it before you're in close combat. Even if you do DS, you've got scatter to consider. Also bear in mind that any "upgraded" (I use the term loosely =P) GKs become extremely expensive Space Marines once you're in assault (since they lose everything that made them special to begin with... SB + NFW + True Grit).

Bear in mind that these guys are gonna be footslogging it most of the time, so you want to maintain mobile firepower -- which is what we do best. Giving a full squad two psycannons just gives you a reason not to move, because on the move they have less range than the regular stormbolters. See above for what you're losing by giving them the psycannons -- in assaults you've got a 50 point Space Marine!

In summary, it's generally better to keep GKs vanilla, except in a few specific instances. If you want to get more Psycannons in your list, I'd consider either splitting your GKT squad into two smaller squads, one an elite's choice, which will get you another two mobile psycannons. Either that, or snag yourself a few Inquisitors with psycannons. Notice that a lone inquisitor is completely untargettable, so long as he's not the closest target to your enemy, and he costs the same as a GK with a psycannon.

Heavy support- dreddie with lascannon and smoke+ extra armor 138pts
    I don't think this is enough anti-tank, myself. I'd give this guy a missile launcher arm, to start off (better optimized for range), and then add another one just like him. You should be able to easily get the points for this by cutting back on special weapon upgrades, dropping some upgrades on your GM, and/or dropping a few GKTs.

In closing, sorry bout the long post! It looks like you've got a good start to your list going, and with a few tweaks here and there, you'll be ready for some good ol' smiting!

=D

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updates based on your replies

Hq- GM with MCed NFW, icon of the just, psycannon. 6 termie retinue with psycannon.

troops- 2x 10 GKs with 1 psycannon

10 Gks

Fast attack- 10Gks with incinerator

Heavy support-2x Dreadnaughts with twl lascannons and missle launchers +extra armor, smoke.

Total 1967pts

Thanks for all the replies. :yes:

what should i do with the extra 30 pts?
    That's right, llamas can parachute.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Updates based on your replies
    Much improved. :yes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Superllama
    what should i do with the extra 30 pts?
    Actually, by my reckoning, your current total is 1962 pts. And if you take off the special weapons you're buying your PAGKs and FAGKs (and you definitely should, for all the reasons Hasten supplies), that nets you 65 more pts. That equals a grand total of 103 unspent points.

With those points, I'd do one of the following:

* Get a melta torpedo orbital strike and melta bombs for your Justicars. Drop the smoke from your dreads (always nice, but not strictly necessary on long-range "hellfire" dreads), you can get targeters and/or frags for all of them, too.

* Drop a GK from any squad and get yourself a 3rd dread with AC/DCCW, extra armour, smoke, and a few cheap but useful upgrades for your Justicars (targeters and/or frags).

* Drop any two GKs (either from a single squad or from two different ones) and get yourself a 3rd dread with TLLC/ML, extra armour, smoke, and a few cheap but useful upgrades for your Justicars (targeters and/or frags).

* Drop 5 GKs (1 each from every squad, and a 2nd from one) and use them plus your points to make a fifth GK unit with 8 models. That gets you:

Troops
    [250 pts] 9 GKs
    [250 pts] 9 GKs

Fast Attack
    [250 pts] 9 GKs
    [225 pts] 8 GKs
    [225 pts] 8 GKs

Now you'd have five squads instead of four (more tactical possibilities), plus 3 more PAGKs total, one of which is a Justicar.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    * Drop any two GKs (either from a single squad or from two different ones) and get yourself a 3rd dread with TLLC/ML, extra armour, smoke, and a few cheap but useful upgrades for your Justicars (targeters and/or frags).

* Drop 5 GKs (1 each from every squad, and a 2nd from one) and use them plus your points to make a fifth GK unit with 8 models. That gets you:
    i think both of these options are your best options. infact, i would build both lists if i were you. Basically that way you have a bit of deiversity, and depending on if you face a tank heavy, or troop heavy army, you can add in some more anti-tank or some more dudes. it is all up to you really.

all of the good advice has already been said, i just got my internet up though, and just wanted to point out that the two options #6 said were the best.

+ Reply to Thread