What do you want when/if the/a New Imperial Guard codex comes out? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you want when/if the/a New Imperial Guard codex comes out?

sense I already see one for Orks and Chaos (well duh cause they are next) I was thinking that we should get one going for IG

What I would like is the following

Griffon Back it was a nice art tank because G 12" - 48 " which means you can indirectly fire it unlike our other art peice

I would like Mortars to get a revamp because you think that they would be able to do more than a Shoota (ie give them str 5 ap 4 or 5 doesn't matter)

Storm troopers ether get one of the Following. Hellguns 24/18" str 4 ap - assault 2 or give them a bolter.

other than that the list is pretty dam good.

AKNOR SMASH!
    Tau 12/1/3 (3000 pts)
    IG 4/1/0 (2500 pts)
    SM 3/1/0 (1500 pts)
    CSM 1/0/1 (1500 pts)(W/D/L )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be nice to see the IG heavy support options fill out since they field such a variety of tanks but I don't see too much since most seem to be forge world based models. I'd mostly like the Thudd guns and Griffons back on the table. AS for the Stormtroopers I would like them to have Assault 2 18" but bolters seem a bit much since they seem to emphasize take and hold. The most major thing I want though is the advisors to be made more useful. I never take priests and rarely touch commissars or psykers. Since an IG update would be a couple years away I think its a little of a moot point though. Even with that I want Rough Riders on bikes not horses. Horses in space still seems funny to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperialis_Dominatus View Post
    Clear rules, from GW? Never.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have the warrior weapons doctrine cost no points.

Have a doctrine that allows troops to swap out their lasguns for bolters..... for 1 point per model.... *drool*
    In the rule book, on page 5, it says:
    "The most important rule about playing games of Warhammer 40K is to have fun!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

They should change as little as possible in the new codex, because as far as I'm concerned the current one is damn near perfect. But a quick breakdown by category:

HQ: Cheaper advisers, save for the Psykers who should be able to choose their power (Cause you know, my hide behind the hill with a mortar command squad will naturally drag along the guy who kill machine spirits with his bare hands.)

Elites: Ogryns would do well with some carapace armor. I personally have no problem with the current Hellgun.

Troops: Already perfect. However I would love Guard Infantry to be able to take heavy stubbers as special weapons.

Fast Attack: Salamanders, and that's all we need there.

Heavy Support: You know, I liked the Griffon a lot, it'd be nice to have it back. The rest of the Russ variants would be nice too; they could even be designed as a single entry with multiple turret options.

Doctrines: All good, maybe rework the CC doctrines' point costs a bit. DO NOT ELIMINATE THESE
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO redux, no redux!

unless the armoured company is redone to, then I'd be ok! (and add the baneblade to the armoured company!)
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

I would have to say that the only gripe i have right now are the models...Everything else is imaterial, although it would be nice for GW to finally answer the qusetion about Vox casters and Commisars...And the models that need a change, you might ask? Ratlings (duh) Ogryns (they are getting a chnage, but the jury is still out if i like them) Rough Riders (horses are silly to me too, although i could see it in some cases) And then maybe a revamp on all the junior officers...I see so many of the exact same model in each army, i made a point to convert my own, and not use them at all.
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want the demolisher cannon to be a heavy weapon choice..... i know it will never happen but i want it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ: Drop the cost on Commissars and Priests. I also agree that the Sanctioned Psyker would be far better if he could choose his power at a points cost like the rest of the Psykers in the game. I would also like to see the Independent Commissar Doctrine become Independent Advisers allowing for strategic placement of Priests and Psykers as well as Commissars.

Troops: All the selections are fine the way they are but I would love to see a hatch on the Chimera making it so my melta gun sitting in the cab could roll up on a tank and open fire. Yea for hidden melta :yes: !

Elites: Veterans are great as they are. Stormtroopers just need a str 4 ap - rapid fire base weapon to distinguish themselves from Veterans with armor. Rattling Snipers are fine as they are but Ogryns need a toughness 5, ap 4+, or Initiative 4 to justify the points cost per Ogryn.

Fast Attack: They fixed the Hellhound good and proper with the latest codex so no changes there. Sentinels need the fleet of foot ability and I would like to see a heavy bolter variant as an option. Rough Riders are perfect the way they are but need a serious model upgrade.

Heavy Support: The Leman Russ, Basilisk, Demolisher, and Heavy Weapons Teams are fine as they are. Adding the Baneblade will be awesome.

Doctrines: I'm very happy with all of the doctrines save for the requirement to take equipment upgrades on every eligible model. That seriously increases the base cost of a standard trooper. Otherwise no changes.
    What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight?

Twin-Linked

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

Whatever happens, I want Jervis to be on holiday when they are doing it. If they screw up IG like every other Codex since Eldar (the last good one) then I'll be out of the game.
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

I find essentially the core of the IG army is very well balanced, it's the frills that need the work.

HQ: Psykers that are useful, points reduction on commissar, a revamp of the rules for priests, I found them out of place as is in the IG army book (too much inquisition, not enough guard feel).

Elite: The battlefield roles Storm Troopers and Hardened Vets are too similar. I'd like to see STs altered to fill a different role. Ogyrns need rework.

Troop: Great as is.

Fast Attack: Maybe some more flexibility with the sentinels, good otherwise.

Heavy: Great

Armored Devision: This needs to be folded into the IG codex so that players have both armies in one book. Maybe some rules on how to me mesh AD with infantry?

Models: Plastic rough riders and sentinels as customizable as the infantry boxes, update old models, Leman Russ battle tank kit needs to have bits so you can do three heavy bolters on a tank with just the stuff in the box.