Exterminator + Pask = Ultimate Anti-Vehicle Weapons Platform - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

Exterminator + Pask = Ultimate Anti-Vehicle Weapons Platform

Today I tried using this unit as a means of medium-to-long range anti armor:

Leman Russ Exterminator
    -Hull Lascannon
    -Multi-Melta Sponsons
    -Pask

245 points

That amounts to 4 twin-linked STR 8 shots, one STR 10 shot, and 2 STR 9 melta shots, all hitting on 3s. Needless to say, I was extremely impressed. It is a little on the pricey side because of Pask, but it shredded a Rhino, 2 Land Speeders at the same time (in a squadron), a Predator, and a Vindicator over the course of 4 turns. It may have just been a lucky game, but as always I will continue to test it in battle. If I ever think a unit is not pulling its weight, I am quick to cut it out of my lists, but for right now this unit has definitely earned its keep. I think you guys should try it out also.

Side Note: The cool thing is, this same exact setup should also be extremely effective against monstrous creatures, thanks to Pask. I have yet to try it out against an army such as Nids, though.

I WANNA GET STUCK IN WIT DA BOYZ

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x5)

That works, but...

225 points will buy you 3 Hydras. That's TWELVE twin-linked S7 shots (9 hits on average), plus NINE S5 heavy bolter shots (4.5 hits on average).

Odds vs. Rhino AV10 (Autocannons only):
    Stopped Target Movement: 96%
    Stopped Target Firing: 99%
    Destroyed Target: 72%
    Did Nothing to Target: 0%

No way Pask-anything is going to match that. Especially from across the board with the 72" range of the Hydra + other bonuses vs. skimmers.
    Come visit my blog at: theback40k.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

Oh trust me, I know Hydras dominate dominate anything AV 12 and under. I use a full squadron consistently. But this tank is able to engage AV 13 and 14 effectively in addition to what the Hydras can handle.
    I WANNA GET STUCK IN WIT DA BOYZ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Nice, I also use a "super russ" commanded by pask. Same weapons as yours only I use a LRDemolisher.

The demolisher cannon is beast, against vehicles it's a S10+1 ordance weapon, so If i can roll a 3+ on one of 2 dice i'm damaging it. Against units like terminators the secondary weapons can hit models that pass their invul saves or i roll low to wound. This tank can even destroy monsterous creatures with 4 shots of S8+ with AP 1 or 2 re-rolling wounds.

Sure it's a fire magnet but it can easily destroy anything with an armour value.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

I'm a big fan of Exterminators. If you have the points for PASK, take him he is great on an exterminator. I like either an Exterminator with just hull Lascannon so I can keep it moving, or an Exterminator with Triple HB setup. This is good for transports at the begging and then decent ranged antitroop after the troops are in the open. If you take PASK with this setup , then your 9 HB shots can kill transports too.

I don't personally like PASK on Ordnance tanks as no matter what you scatter 2/3 of the time and any scatter over two inches is off a vehicle with an odd exception.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    730 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Diggums Hammer View Post
    If you have the points for PASK, take him...on an exterminator.
    Agreed. In the early game Pask-Ex kills transports, which is usually more valuable than Land Raider-cracking. In the late game, he finishes off those annoying lone survivors.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

how do you get away with pask on a demolisher? his abilities only work when you dont move.. sounds like an easy target if you ask me..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Technique13 View Post
    how do you get away with pask on a demolisher? his abilities only work when you dont move.. sounds like an easy target if you ask me..
    My IG army is mainly a gunline setup, so I can outshoot just about anything that sets up across from me. Besides after Pask kills something big I usually don't. But everyone knows how much firepower it takes to kill a russ in cover, usualy more than 1 turn of it at my LGS, where most armies are infantry based...

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11